• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs. Tranmere

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally got round to watching the full match on BT Sport. I'm only up to the 50th minute - the real fun is about to start! - but, so far, Foyth has looked the business. Also props to Moura for getting stuck in, Dele for playing very responsibly, and Skipp for a generally solid performance.

Time to crack open another beer :)

Not convinced this got much of a deflection at all, even though some (@monkeybarry) were unwilling to give Serge credit... Just a lot of swerve off the outside of the boot. Lovely, lovely strike.

Last edited:
we played a pub side tonight, i used to watch barnet play back in the day, league 2 is better than this, their 'keeper could have been on the take he was so gash, but hey i'll take a 7-0 and a night off for some of our key personnel.

Great to get this historic big win over Tranmere to progress to the Round 4 of the FA Cup. Amazingly, this 7-0 win is our biggest away win in our history. If we had been more clinical, we could have easily overtaken our record win which is the 13-2 win over Crewe Alexandra in the FA Cup Round 4 in 1960. We scored 7 goals but wasted many other chances including 3 one-on-one chances. As expected we made many changes to the team and that affected the balance of the team in the first half. We didn't look like scoring until a lucky deflected goal by Aurier late in the first half. After that, we settled down and dominated the match in the second half and duly scored 6 more goals.

Credit to Llorente, Aurier, Son and Kane for the goals. It is good to see Llorente getting the hattrick, surprisingly scoring all 3 goals with his feet. Amazingly, Llorente has now scored 2 hattricks since Kane last scored a hattrick in December last year. Remember, Llorente also scored the hattrick when we beat Rochdale 6-1 in the FA Cup Round 5 replay in February. It was really funny to see Alderweireld looking shocked on the bench after Llorente scored his first goal ! I think our crucial goal was our first goal scored by Aurier. It was a lucky deflection but we badly needed it. Aurier also did well to score our third goal in the second half. Due credit to Son for scoring our 4th goal and getting 2 assists. Thought it was really strange to see us bringing on Kane when we were winning 6-0. But Kane must have been desperate to score after seeing Llorente getting the hattrick and he did well to score our 7th goal. But regardless of how many goals we score, it is always annoying when we miss the one-on-one chances. Son wasted a one-on-one chance in the first half while Moura wasted 2 of those chances with only the goalie to beat.

Our midfield didn't have much to do in the match. Was worried to see Alli and Skipp starting in midfield but they were not at all troubled by Tranmere. Alli had a quiet game but still did well to assist the goal for Kane. Credit also to Skipp for getting 2 assists for Son and Llorente. Really thought Nkoudou would play in this match but disappointed he was not even on the bench. Not sure why we need to play inexperienced youngsters like Marsh and Eyoma ahead of our fringe players like Nkoudou. If Nkoudou is not good enough to play against League 2 team Tranmere, don't think he will have any future at Spurs.

Good to see our defence keeping this clean sheet. We were not at all troubled by Tranmere but our defence did their part. It was always risky to play error-prone Sanchez, Foyth and Aurier in defence but they didn't do too badly. Gazzaniga did well in goal even if he didn't have many saves to make. Amazingly, we have now won all 7 matches in which Gazzaniga was our goalie. Maybe we will win the league if we play Gazzaniga in all the league matches !

It was really satisfying to get this big win over Tranmere to progress to the Round 4 of the FA Cup. Amazingly, along with Emirates Marketing Project, we are still in with a chance to win 4 trophies this season. But it is almost impossible for any club to win 4 trophies and will be happy if we can win at least 1 trophy this season. Hope we will now go all the way to win at least 1 trophy this season.

I thought it was great to give the younger players a run out.
But as a competitive outing it was a complete waste of time.
Tranmere were at best a pub team.

Good job it was an was an easy game after the schedule the players have had, better than a blood and thunder away day at the Goons or Irons!

I have one thing to say. In the modern era of football I thought we had see the last of the Chunky unfit players. Their Captain and middle Centerback McNulty. He had some Timber on him and was wobbling all around the pitch. He would just pass it off as soon as he had it so he did not have to run. That pass from Skipp to Llorente for the goal he might as well not been there it was so east for Fernando to slip him.

Lincoln giving Everton a hard game at Goodison. They are top of league two and Tranmere are just outside the playoffs. Seems a massive Gulf between them two teams.

Also adding to my earlier point about chunky players. Lincoln have a number 9 who looks like a bank manager. Balding, comb over with an available truffle shuffle.

Last edited:
Back