• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs. Tranmere

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dawned on me today, he is becoming too smart and technical for his own good - to the point where he is effective against the best teams, but not against the lesser teams (Inc lower prem teams)
Poch said he struggles in training unless he is put under pressure. His greatest asset is when he has little time or space which is why he seems to drift in and out of games but also change them in just a second in that area just behind the striker where the time on the ball is at its most limited but also has the biggest pay off when an action of skill, composure and awareness comes off.

When I first saw him I thought box to box centre mid but I don’t see him dropping back there until his other powers start to wane. And as you suggest nutmegging someone in the centre circle and getting a kick for it has far less value than at the edge of or in the box.

Last edited:
Good interview from Poch, as always. Liked it when he’s said maybe in the future our spending strategy changes as it alludes to him being around for it.

Redknapp gushing a bit too!

Good interview from Poch, as always. Liked it when he’s said maybe in the future our spending strategy changes as it alludes to him being around for it.

Yep, definitely sounded promising

Thought Skipp had an excellent game. My MOTM.

Amazing to hear pundits say that we don’t need to spend money in the Transfer window. Who would have thought you could have that opinion as a pundit on the TV.

At least we don’t have to have a replay.

Amazing to hear pundits say that we don’t need to spend money in the Transfer window. Who would have thought you could have that opinion as a pundit on the TV.

They say the opposite if interviewed in a different context.

At the end of the day, we have 6 players for 4 attacking positions (excl Llorente, Janssen and GKN). We need some changes there, and also a replacement for Dembele if he's crocked

BT are beginning to overtake Sky in their match coverage imo. Less hyperbole and better pundits.

Now they just need to dump Savage.

Job done (from the team and OMT creator :) )

Good rest for key players, good for fringe and youngsters, good for dressing room.

Rest time and go for it again next week.

Especially when Redknapp says it!

To be fair I prefer manager pundits than just ex players with ‘personality’ but most of the regular ones must have contradicted themselves at every turn on the decisions the club has made this season.

Have to admit I never thought we’d be here now based on the constraints we have, Poch keeps making purses out of sows ears. I’d offer him a share in the club to stay as long as he wants as he’s saved the club millions in his use of our current resources and then added even more to the pot with the prize money earned above expectations.

He also said he’d try to beat Harry’s 9:1 record ‘next year’ which I took positively

He also said he’d try to beat Harry’s 9:1 record ‘next year’ which I took positively
Yeah 9-0 at Wembley woudnt beat the ‘home’ record imo!
What a day that was though. I remember laughing as Bents took his free kick saying it’s been such a good day I bet he scores this!

Ah. From Poch:

""It was the plan to give Harry Kane 15-20 minutes to play, he always wants to play. It is important too for the fans here and the opponents to enjoy Harry Kane, he's an icon in England and not everyone can have the opportunity to see him. It was important to show some respect to the people who are here, it was very nice for everyone."

Jolly public-spirited of him.

Ah. From Poch:

""It was the plan to give Harry Kane 15-20 minutes to play, he always wants to play. It is important too for the fans here and the opponents to enjoy Harry Kane, he's an icon in England and not everyone can have the opportunity to see him. It was important to show some respect to the people who are here, it was very nice for everyone."

Jolly public-spirited of him.

Very good point, I always regret I never got to see Tom Finney as my dad told me how good he was, there are still some football fans out there and it's good they get to see top players.

Back