• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland AFC

Again, I agree. But don't you agree that Naughton would be getting more blame by people saying "WTF is he doing that silly thing for? What is he even putting his hand on the player there" blah blah blah...

Maybe but not from me. I don't blame him one bit for that penalty against West Ham.

Again, I agree. But don't you agree that Naughton would be getting more blame by people saying "WTF is he doing that silly thing for? What is he even putting his hand on the player there" blah blah blah...

naughton would have been crucified and probably booed by his teams own fans.

Maybe but not from me. I don't blame him one bit for that penalty against West Ham.

Yeah fair enough. I think Naughton gets an unfair deal. He's a more solid RB than he is a LB, naturally.

I also fail to see who we could get in who would be better back-up RB. And no Yedlin may or may not be good enough but he is a punt at best (with little financial risk)

but he did touch him enough for him to go down. they get given ALL the time. its not a ref mistake, its very silly from a defender with barely any experience playing out of position

He chose to go down but he could have stayed on his feet if he wanted to. The only reason you should go to ground is if you have no choice i.e. you lose balance. Robben gets given penalties ALL the time, doesn't mean he deserves to get them.

Yeah fair enough. I think Naughton gets an unfair deal. He's a more solid RB than he is a LB, naturally.

I also fail to see who we could get in who would be better back-up RB. And no Yedlin may or may not be good enough but he is a punt at best (with little financial risk)

I don't disagree that he's not a bad option as backup, but not as a starter.

but he did touch him enough for him to go down. they get given ALL the time. its not a ref mistake, its very silly from a defender with barely any experience playing out of position

If you wear a red shirt it's a pen. If you wear a Spurs shirt and are called Gareth Bale it's a dive.

I would play Soldado. He is here (until Jan at least) so we have to play him to see if we do, indeed, have a player in there or not, or is he a busted flush. Ade has been poor.

--------------- Lloris
Dier --- Fazio ----- Vertonghen --- Davies
---- Stambouli --- Capoue
Lamela ------ Eriksen ------ Chadli
--------------- Kane

Bench: Vorm (?), Kaboul, Naughton, Paulinho, Bentaleb, Lennon, Adebayor

With Adebayor returning from a match in Togo yesterday, I'd put him on the bench at Sunderland and then bring him on with half an hour to play. So this may be Kane's moment to properly shine. I want to see Soldado given a run of games in the Premiership because (to be blunt) I think the club needs to know whether or not to sell him in January. But he should be fresh and injury-free when he gets that run of games, otherwise what's the point? Which is the reason I would have Kane starting tomorrow.

Aside from that - I'd favour Dier over Naughton at right back at the moment, even though that's not his primary position. I think he's at least as good as Naughton at RB, provides a goal threat, and is in form right now. On top of that, dropping him after conceding, what was by any measure, a soft penalty might not be the best idea.

I'm a sucker for wanting to see the new guys play, which is why Fazio and Stambouli get the nod. Capoue is a better player than Bentaleb (IMO) and Davies better than Rose (again, IMO). So they get premiership starts while Bentaleb and Rose start in the cups and in Europe. For now at least.

Lamela and Eriksen are no-brainers, so for me it came down to a choice between Lennon and Chadli. As much as I like Lennon, Chadli's the player in form right now. Bring on Lennon with Ade at the half-hour mark to shake things up.

Sunderland 1 - 4 Spurs

We concede from a early set-piece; hit back within 15 minutes and then dominate the rest of the match. Lamela (2), Fazio (1), Chadli (1)

yet again, how is it not a foul?

I think what Allen did was simulation. Should have been booked. If we are saying you can't touch a player in the box then the game is a joke. Did he tug him clearly? no. I think it was an awful decision myself.

we have such a lack of pace if Townsend and Lennon dont play.......i think we will lose this one, 2-1 to Sunderland

I think what Allen did was simulation. Should have been booked. If we are saying you can't touch a player in the box then the game is a joke. Did he tug him clearly? no. I think it was an awful decision myself.

If every tug and touch in the box is a penalty then there should be a penalty or a free kick after every corner

He did enough to allow the ref to give it but it is no less simulation by Allen than people have been booked for.

Back