• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City *** 15/08/2015 3pm

They will be very hard to break down with 10 men behind the ball at time.
This is not the game for Dembele or Lamela.
We need to pass at a high tempo.

-----------------Lloris-----------------
Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Rose
-----------Mason Bentaleb-----------
---------Carroll Eriksen Alli---------
-----------------Kane-----------------

Well we are going to see how our team can respond to last Saturdays disappointment.

Will take a win over a peformance in this game, this could be difficult but I am more optimistic of a result than when we played them last year at whl.

They are missing Shawcross, Begovic and Nzonzi have left so their decent spine has gone, they have also bought many players to integrate and they have bought more maverick players than grafters.

We need to get up and running so I hope the crowd at whl are more of a help than a hindrance to our players if we are finding the going tough.
As usual we need Eriksen, Kane & Chadli to have 7-10 peformances and we should score enough for the three points.

I think Stoke will do well this year and I admire how Sparky is changing everyone's perception of them into an attractive side.

COYS lets set a precedent for our home form and get a positive result....

2-1 Eriksen & Kane......Walters for them.

Edit.....nearly forgot.....WOOF!

just something I was wondering....as in what other fans think....

So Trippier or Walker, who do we think is the more effective attacking full-back?

I know we cant really judge Trippier in a spurs shirt yet, so going on what we know already about him. I am thinking his excellent crossing could be right up Kane's alley. Muniesa is a small cb so could get some joy that way.

oh well thats my Mike Bassett brain-fart out of the way for today.

So Trippier or Walker, who do we think is the more effective attacking full-back?

I know we cant really judge Trippier in a spurs shirt yet, so going on what we know already about him. I am thinking his excellent crossing could be right up Kane's alley. Muniesa is a small cb so could get some joy that way.

Lots of people on here will say Trippier though that's largely because we all haven't Semmelweis him game in, game out so don't know his flaws yet. I say Walker is best

I don't think we'll see Trippier (or Wimmer or Pritchard) till the cup games start. They'll have to earn their place through performances in the b games (unless injuries intervene)

With our famed high pressing game that was perfected over the summer we should be all over them.We need an early goal to make them play.I am optimistic and going for a 3-0 win.

Your avatar shall be:

IMG_0377.JPG

We are doomed. May GHod have mercy on us all.

Agree, apart from putting three defenders on the bench

Unless Townsend is fit (which doesn't seem likely as yesterday was his first back in training), the only major players I've left off the bench are Fazio and Carroll.

I thought Trippier and Dier could be options for midfield as well

And they might have Shaqiri playing who will be looking to impress.
They only thing that impresses me about him, is the amount of times he fumbles the ball over the side line. That's pretty much what he's been doing for the last 12 months.

---------------Walters---------------
Affelay------Bojan------Shaqiri

Walters must be thinking wtf happened??

For the FM guys out there this must have been a dream front three behind the striker at some point.

For the FM guys out there this must have been a dream front three behind the striker at some point.

A few versions back that would have been nailed on for PL and CL domination (provided you swapped Walters for someone decent)

And we all know how easy it is to be a football manager on there ;)

They only thing that impresses me about him, is the amount of times he fumbles the ball over the side line. That's pretty much what he's been doing for the last 12 months.
How many times has a player either never scored for their club, never scored in the Premier League, been on a nine year goal droughts and then rocked up to The Lane to end that miserable situation?

Back