• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. READING - OMT***

Sandro and Dembele is a brilliant midfield two, just think we can also slot someone like Hudd in there or even Parker and that is just great depth.

I reckon we might be better off switching Lennon and Bale's roles (though not sides). For this system to work with both bale and lennon its obvious that one of them have gotta chip in with a few goals, and thats probably the one who is less involved in play...at the moment it looks like thats supposed to be lennon, with bale actin as the more 'floating' forward. The problem with that is that Lennon will get you about as many goals a season as Usain Bolt, and Bale is a bit of an awkward fit in the new "pass and move" thing. On the other hand, bale is at his best when he's being really direct, and surely havin him bombin on to cute through balls from midfield further up the pitch will be more of a threat than him thinkin he's Mesut Ozil? And he's certainly a better finisher than lennon...sh*t, he's probs a better finisher than Ade :p And lennon still seems to have been scarred by the 2006 World Cup, so his game has actually become a bit more suited to playing closer to other attacking players...he and walker seem to be workin on that already. Maybe its a minor change, but hey, its all in the details ay

I thought that was an excellent win. Yes Defoe wasn't clinical, but good to see him brimming with confidence and two goals is a good haul. Shame he didn't score that relatively easy chance after a superb take down, could have been a goal of the season contender. Build up for all of the goals was pretty good though, especially the first.

Still a little concerned about Sig as I do think he looks like he is still trying to figure out where exactly he is supposed to be playing. But combined well with the other two CMs, and I did think Sandro and Dembele were superb. Probably would have given them both MOTM.

Worrying to hear that BAE may be out though..... not convinced about a right footed LB. May have to be Bale at LB but that of course has impact up front. Or Gallas or Vertonghen, but they were pretty solid at the centre today, bar Gallas for the goal.

A good win, first glimpse at how AVB could have Spurs playing. Look forward to two home wins now, then hopefully an impressive win at Old Trafford :) COYS

Sandro , Dembele ... This could develop into something very sexy

ooh-matron.gif

I think there were probably around 3 chances that Defoe will feel he should have scored.
1. The excellent touch which took him past two Reading players only to poke it wide. Would have been an outstanding goal.
2. Think there was a moment in the second half where the angle was narrow, could have passed to Sig but lasted wide.
3. Andros Townsends pass and he volleyed over.

Numerous pot shots and 2 goals still. Great to see him so involved in a 1 man up top formation

I think there were probably around 3 chances that Defoe will feel he should have scored.
1. The excellent touch which took him past two Reading players only to poke it wide. Would have been an outstanding goal.
2. Think there was a moment in the second half where the angle was narrow, could have passed to Sig but lasted wide.
3. Andros Townsends pass and he volleyed over.

Numerous pot shots and 2 goals still. Great to see him so involved in a 1 man up top formation

On the plus side he's saving his goal for Old Trafford...8-[

;)

I apologise for saying someone is acting like a taco but sometimes you react in that way when a poster continuously badgers you. It gets annoying after a while.

Fair dos mate, understood, we all think it at various times during a season (and occasionally say it) big of you to apologise...glad for ALL of us that we're of the mark and getting what some of the performances have deserved. COYS!

Last edited:
We got to watch the world feed of the game, as opposed to the Martin Tyler-blessed domestic feed. Had to listen to combined negativity of Jon Champion and Craig Burley, trying to pour tinkle all over Spurs at the slightest opportunity.

You'd have thought Burley had a flutter on at the bookies for Reading. And you'd have thought Spurs were guilty of a major crime for not knocking in six or seven. How dare Spurs just knock it around at 3-0 and try to minimize injuries? Champion was sulking, of course, because he didn't get the Argghh-senal assignment and get to give the gooner mob his traditional on-air rim job.

Martin "Emirates Marketing Project do things the right way" Tyler was his usual bell-endness willing Reading to score for most of the game

Naill Quinn wasnt too bad and was praising us a fair bit

Andros Townsend and Clint Dempsey both made their Premier League debuts with Tottenham in the game against Reading.

Spurs have now used a total of 190 different players during the Premier League Era with 6 of them making their debuts in the 2012-13 season.

Martin "Emirates Marketing Project do things the right way" Tyler was his usual bell-endness willing Reading to score for most of the game

Naill Quinn wasnt too bad and was praising us a fair bit

i noticed this, he really does hate us doesn't he

This was a much needed win. Hopefully this will boost our confidence for this season. Nice to see Defoe scoring two goals while Bale getting the important 2nd goal as well. But we still wasted many other great chances, especially Defoe. I think as long as we create many chances like we did against Reading, we should be scoring goals. Really annoyed that we still cannot keep a clean sheet. The fact we conceded yet again means we always have to score 2 or 3 goals to win a match.

Hope this win will give us much needed confidence against Lazio in EL.

McDermott attempts to diffuse Twitter row after Federici's girlfriend hits out

Reading manager Brian McDermott is sure there is no unrest within the dressing room following a Twitter outburst by Adam Federici's girlfriend.

The Australian goalkeeper was dropped for Sunday's home match with Tottenham, with Alex McCarthy playing in his place.

Federici's partner Micaela Gardner took to her now-deleted Twitter account after the 3-1 defeat to express her disappointment at McDermott's decision.

She posted: 'Football has left me feeling totally numb and empty inside! For once I have NO explanation! #noloyalty #absolutejoke.'

She added: 'Unbelievable!!! You need thick skin for success!!'

But McDermott has moved to calm talk of problems behind the scene.

'There's nothing I can do about someone's Twitter feed,' he said.

'I can't help what players or their girlfriends put on Twitter - if that's the case, then it's a shame.

'The fact of the matter is that I spoke to Adam and made a decision that Alex McCarthy was going to play.

'No player at the club has a position that means they will play every week - no player.

'Adam Federici has done fantastic for me and I know him really well as a person and player.

'He works really hard, but things haven't gone his way at the start of the season so Alex has come into the team. It's no different for a full-back, centre-half or striker.

'If there is Twitter stuff going on and there are emotional messages then there is not a lot I can do about that.

'I'm not one of these managers that says you will get fined £1,000 for going on Twitter.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2205501/Brian-McDermott-attempts-diffuse-Adam-Federici-Twitter-row.html

Ahh, good old Sportsmail Reporter.

McDermott attempts to diffuse Twitter row after Federici's girlfriend hits out

Ahh, good old Sportsmail Reporter.

Shame that the professional journalist and master of the English language Sportsmail Reporter doesn't know the difference between 'diffuse' and 'defuse'.

F-ing middle school English lessons needed.

Back