• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. READING - OMT***

Yeah, it doesn't matter! I think King naturally is a bit nervous pre-match Rossi, and as such, this was his way of preparing for potential disappointment. We're all different. I personally felt we'd win today and that we've been playing well (bar Norwich) but King comes from another angle. Doesn't mean he loves the club any less, in fact I'd wager he was absolutely as happy as any of us mate.

We are all Spurs!

COYS!

Can I just confirm that the forum rules have changed and we can now call people tacos ? I called someone a chav a got banned for a day, but have seen several people calling each other tacos and mods just responding to them as if it is acceptable and no ban. So it's ok yeah ?

Prior to today we'd played 10 times with Defoe upfront on his own and won just once, and that was only because Defoe was sent off after 25 minutes. The reaction was justified.

Yeah im sure those 10 games were all down to Defoe playing up on his own just like when Bale coukdnt win a game for love nor money for months with us. My point was that Defoe can play in that position because of the way AVB sets his team out, tactically its completely different to how Redknapp played his side.

Aside from that no it wasnt justified anyway because noone on here has a clue what Ades condition is like, AVB is a far better judge seeing them all in training and the way some were going on you would have thought hed selected a 16 year old kid ahead of him......

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Just caught @IAmJermainDefoe, he said: Great performance, we created a lot of chances. Movement was key. We worked hard on & off the ball
Also caught Andre post match: “Excellent performance, very happy. The players were brilliant today.”
More from Andre: “We are going in the right direction. The focus and determination was excellent to win the game for fans.”

Yeah really good performance, but that was one of the most sloppiest team performances we will ever play against. I hope today wasn't just because we played a really brick team.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Andre: “We have three days to prepare for Lazio in a competition we want to do well in.”
And more: “Whole team was very committed - great for Jermain and Gareth to get goals.”
And final Andre quote: “Very happy for Naughton who did extremely well today”

The system isn't much different at all, either way, more often than not Defoe up top on his own won't work. Maybe if we played sides like Reading every week but unfortunately we don't.

Suppose we should bump the tactics thread if we are to continue discussing this. Not much point though as you seem to just state that Defoe on his own won't work and that's about the end of the argument.

The system isn't much different at all, either way, more often than not Defoe up top on his own won't work. Maybe if we played sides like Reading every week but unfortunately we don't.

Keeping the ball on the floor for the majority of the match was extremely helpful. You say he has started 10 times solo upfront and we've only won once. Context is necessary IMHO. Most of those games we STILL played the ball in the air far too much, and I wonder how many times Defoe has started 4 games in a row the past few seasons, let alone solo? He is a player who needs to play in order to be at his best, and whilst I can see that Vidic will be a different proposition, if the movement and ability to play the ball to feet remains as strong, he will continue to grow and excel in this role IMHO...

Suppose we should bump the tactics thread if we are to continue discussing this. Not much point though as you seem to just state that Defoe on his own won't work and that's about the end of the argument.

Do you agree with that statement ? I've never seen anyone disagree with it on the forum. I cant think of a single person who has called for Defoe to play on his own up front as a long term tactic.

I haven't slated him at all, nor did I say anything about his inclusion when the teams were released, just that the reaction to it was justified given the past (lack of) success when playing that way. You can throw all kinds of systems at me if you want but Defoe on his own will only work if we can dominate the ball and move it freely without the other team putting us under too much pressure.

Can I just confirm that the forum rules have changed and we can now call people tacos ? I called someone a chav a got banned for a day, but have seen several people calling each other tacos and mods just responding to them as if it is acceptable and no ban. So it's ok yeah ?

I was TRYING to deflate a situation Golfball. I did NOT condone anyone calling anyone a name.

Do you understand that we are and will be playing a different system under AVB?

No one here has been arguing that we did well with Defoe as a lone striker under Harry, when people have been arguing over the summer that Defoe could make it as the lone striker under AVB it was just that, under AVB. Stats from back when Harry was in charge aren't really at that relevant.

I think those stats included the 3 under AVB. On top of that prior to this season 3 of his last 4 starts on his own were twice against Emirates Marketing Project and once against Man Utd. Prior to that you have to go back along time to when he played up front on his own.

I'm really glad we won today. But despite Defoe's goals, I still don't think he is the lone striker we want. Better CBs will mark him out of the game, knock him off of the ball, and generally render him ineffective. But maybe he will adapt his game after all -I guess we will soon find out one way or another.

I was TRYING to deflate a situation Golfball. I did NOT condone anyone calling anyone a name.

I know, but whats the answer to the question ? Is KD now getting a ban or are the rules now relaxed again as I thought they should be. Just asking, no big deal.

I know, but whats the answer to the question ? Is KD now getting a ban or are the rules now relaxed again as I thought they should be. Just asking, no big deal.

Golfball, I wouldn't worry about how moderators should deal with people. We are not at liberty to have to discuss punishment with the whole board.

Do you agree with that statement ? I've never seen anyone disagree with it on the forum. I cant think of a single person who has called for Defoe to play on his own up front as a long term tactic.

I have said several times over the summer that I think Defoe could do a job as the lone striker under AVB, I argued that having him and Ade as well as Dempsey as the striker options would be enough and that him, Ade and a young striker could have been enough as well.

All about options, not saying that he's better than Ade or that he should be first choice. He'll be 30 next month and he's not a truly top class striker so I'm not sure how anyone could argue that him as the first choice long term striker would be a good idea. Saying that no one has called for that seems a bit strange to me.

I haven't slated him at all, nor did I say anything about his inclusion when the teams were released, just that the reaction to it was justified given the past (lack of) success when playing that way. You can throw all kinds of systems at me if you want but Defoe on his own will only work if we can dominate the ball and move it freely without the other team putting us under too much pressure.

Didn't say or imply that you did slate him.

If you wish we can continue this discussion in the tactics thread, or bring it up again as it was discussed somewhere already. Not relying on many long balls would be key though as I have already agreed.

I think those stats included the 3 under AVB. On top of that prior to this season 3 of his last 4 starts on his own were twice against Emirates Marketing Project and once against Man Utd. Prior to that you have to go back along time to when he played up front on his own.

Cheers, that does give a bit of context.

Back