• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Panathinaikos**********

It's a tough call for AVB, it'll be a big, big blow to go out of the competition now. As GC says the manager should have a good idea if any player needs resting. What he shouldn't do, IMHO, is rest players because it's an 'easy game'. I doubt that it will be, and we just can't take a chance on it being one anyway.

GHod forbid we need anybody but are there any of our youngsters capable of playing central defence? We have Naughton and Smith ready at full back.

I like this team, but I am a bit worried about using the weaker players.

Don't forget that Panathinaikos can still qualify with a win.

So they will be coming at us with everything they've got.

Seeing that they are a Greek team even though they need a win I expect them to park the bus and play for 0-0

GHod forbid we need anybody but are there any of our youngsters capable of playing central defence? We have Naughton and Smith ready at full back.

Grant Hall is probably the most advanced of our central defenders at U21 level, along with William Ekong, Massimo Luongo and Milos Veljkovic.

Grant Hall is probably the most advanced of our central defenders at U21 level, along with William Ekong, Massimo Luongo and Milos Veljkovic.

Do you think he's anywhere near good enough for the PL? I would have thought he would have been in a EL game at this point if he was.

Also, I thought Luongo was a midfielder....

Andre: "We have a difficult task on our hands, we will approach it with a winning mentality, looking to win. They are a great Greek Club, we need a great European night at the Lane and the fans are an important part of that. Away game was difficult, conditions were hot and humid. It was a test and they hung on and went on to get a point"

Not sure if big Andros Townsend will be in right frame of mind to play tomorrow night his bird caught him cheating and posted his numbers on twitter. Loads of people been ringing him up abusing him. Was tempted to ring him up and ask him if he was a John Deere man or a new holland man but expect tractors are least of his worries at the moment. Play Dempsey left and sig in behind ADE I say.

I'm happy with almost any team that includes Siggy, Carroll and Ade, and hopefully Parker can get some minutes off the bench too.

5-0 Spurs.

Considering Luongo is only 1.76m tall I don't see a future for him at CB. It does speak volumes of the lack of other CBs in our U21 side.

Considering Luongo is only 1.76m tall I don't see a future for him at CB. It does speak volumes of the lack of other CBs in our U21 side.

That's partly because we've taken the best one out and made him part of the first team.

André Villas-Boas is confident Tottenham can secure the one point required to qualify for the knockout stages of the Europa League but admits Gareth Bale will be missed against Panathinaikos on Thursday night.

Spurs lead the Greek side by two points in Group J, meaning a draw will be enough for them to advance as runners-up, although a victory at White Hart Lane could see them finish top if Lazio lose against NK Maribor.

Bale sustained a hamstring injury during the 3-0 victory over Fulham last weekend and is expected to be out for two weeks. Villas-Boas will rest the goalkeeper Hugo Lloris and replace him with Brad Friedel.

"At the moment this is a decisive game. We have to win or we have to draw to go through," said the Tottenham manager. "Panathinaikos have put themselves in a great position, they've come back from the death to leave us in a game where the winner is the team that goes through.

"We've done excellently in this group phase. We have taken it very seriously. We are very proud in how we approach the competition and we want to go through."

On Bale's absence he said: "Gareth will be missed. I have excellent players. For example, [Clint] Dempsey did well on the left after Gareth got injured. He is a different type of player. He is not an out-and-out winger but it's a position he has played before. He did extremely well."

Villas-Boas watched Paris St-Germain's victory over his former club Porto in the Champions League on Tuesday night but denied he was at the Parc des Princes in a scouting capacity. Spurs were thwarted in their attempt to sign Porto's midfielder João Moutinho in August.

The Spurs manager confirmed that Benoît Assou-Ekotto and Scott Parker should return from respective injuries for the league match with Swansea next weekend, although they will miss Sunday's game at Everton.

Villas-Boas dismissed the possibility of Parker leaving the club in January. "At the moment it is not even a consideration," he said. "It is very unfair that you put a player that was voted best player at Tottenham last year into the transfer market just like that. He's an amazing player."

Kyle Walker played in the corresponding 1-1 draw against Panathinaikos in October. The right-back believes Spurs have improved on last season and is confident of going far in the competition.

He said: "We haven't really lost anyone except Luka [Modric]. We have still got the same players. [Emmanuel] Adebayor has signed permanently. Clint and Mousa [Dembélé] have come in so we've improved. But we need to just keep doing the things the manager wants and I think everything will click together."

Villas-Boas revealed that the team could have "two or three" Christmas parties in the coming weeks. Harry Redknapp, his predecessor at Tottenham, has banned festivities at his new club Queens Park Rangers this winter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/05/tottenham-panathinaikos-europa-league-gareth-bale

I think we should go with Ade and Defoe up top in Bale's absence.

Brad
Walker Caulker Verts Naughton
Lennon Huddlestone Carroll Sig
Ade Defoe

André Villas-Boas is confident Tottenham can secure the one point required to qualify for the knockout stages of the Europa League but admits Gareth Bale will be missed against Panathinaikos on Thursday night.

Spurs lead the Greek side by two points in Group J, meaning a draw will be enough for them to advance as runners-up, although a victory at White Hart Lane could see them finish top if Lazio lose against NK Maribor.

Bale sustained a hamstring injury during the 3-0 victory over Fulham last weekend and is expected to be out for two weeks. Villas-Boas will rest the goalkeeper Hugo Lloris and replace him with Brad Friedel.

"At the moment this is a decisive game. We have to win or we have to draw to go through," said the Tottenham manager. "Panathinaikos have put themselves in a great position, they've come back from the death to leave us in a game where the winner is the team that goes through.

"We've done excellently in this group phase. We have taken it very seriously. We are very proud in how we approach the competition and we want to go through."

On Bale's absence he said: "Gareth will be missed. I have excellent players. For example, [Clint] Dempsey did well on the left after Gareth got injured. He is a different type of player. He is not an out-and-out winger but it's a position he has played before. He did extremely well."

Villas-Boas watched Paris St-Germain's victory over his former club Porto in the Champions League on Tuesday night but denied he was at the Parc des Princes in a scouting capacity. Spurs were thwarted in their attempt to sign Porto's midfielder João Moutinho in August.

The Spurs manager confirmed that Benoît Assou-Ekotto and Scott Parker should return from respective injuries for the league match with Swansea next weekend, although they will miss Sunday's game at Everton.

Villas-Boas dismissed the possibility of Parker leaving the club in January. "At the moment it is not even a consideration," he said. "It is very unfair that you put a player that was voted best player at Tottenham last year into the transfer market just like that. He's an amazing player."

Kyle Walker played in the corresponding 1-1 draw against Panathinaikos in October. The right-back believes Spurs have improved on last season and is confident of going far in the competition.

He said: "We haven't really lost anyone except Luka [Modric]. We have still got the same players. [Emmanuel] Adebayor has signed permanently. Clint and Mousa [Dembélé] have come in so we've improved. But we need to just keep doing the things the manager wants and I think everything will click together."

Villas-Boas revealed that the team could have "two or three" Christmas parties in the coming weeks. Harry Redknapp, his predecessor at Tottenham, has banned festivities at his new club Queens Park Rangers this winter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/05/tottenham-panathinaikos-europa-league-gareth-bale

Obviously Van De Vaart made a huge impression on Kyle.......:eek:

Back