• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Palace (the TL;DR version)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was last night restricted capacity wise?
We will always lose hundreds of seats to segregation. Maybe 1k even? Not sure.
We will always have X% that don't turn up because they get stuck in traffic or work or whatever sudden reason means they just can't make it.

2k of 60k is 3% no-shows

Lack of options? Eriksen hasn't been great in that role and got a goal and an assist roaming from a wider position.

Thought Alli did well enough in that role. He's clearly capable of playing there. We need that creativity in central midfield and when Winks isn't available...
I don't think he is. He's not a great passer of the ball and don't think he did that well there and that's why we lacked creativity up front. He's not a holding midfielder or a defensive midfielder in the slightest. His flicks and tricks and finishing is what he is best at. It's like trying to ask Winks to play up front.

Thought we looked a hell of a lot more cohesive once we made the sub with Winks coming on for Rose.

The beauty of that was the reshuffle which saw Harry back as the focal point up top, then Son, Dele and Eriksen in the 3 behind. It just seemed like ‘DESK’ (sorry :D) suddenly knew what each other were doing and the understanding kicked in again.

Winks and Sissoko is a decent balance for the two ‘sitters’ and I think I the back 4 appreciates knowing what’s going on in front of it. Obviously Trips and Davies then aren’t the ideal fullbacks if we want the additional attacking benefits of flying wingbacks - but they are defensively solid in this line up.

Key learning point: play our big 4 up front for the rest of the season!!!

For me, that change was all about getting Dele further forward. I thought the use of Rose was excellent. He schooled Wan Bisska, which in turn left Palace with no real link to their forwards.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Winks changed the pace of the game for us. Not sure why Dele was told to play so deep hes not a deep midfielder, he should play off the strikers and a lot further forward.

Because (as Southgate determined) you can have an extra attacking player in the side. Plus his defensive and off the ball nous is superb. I agree, he is at his productive best in that four, but it made sense to me TBH given who was not available. Winks will be vital.

I

For me, that change was all about getting Dele further forward. I thought the use of Rose was excellent. He schooled Wan Bisska, which in turn left Palace with no real link to their forwards.

Yep. As I said, get DESK playing in that formation - which includes Dele nearer Harry and into the supporting 3 - and we’ll do well.

I get that needs must, and Eriksen and Dele have both had to drop deeper due to us only seemingly ever having 1 fit CM!

But with Sissogoat being partnered with Winks we don’t need to do that. Hopefully Dier can provide support there soon, and I guess we have Wanyama for the odd cameo while we work out if he can still play football or not!

I don't think he is. He's not a great passer of the ball and don't think he did that well there and that's why we lacked creativity up front. He's not a holding midfielder or a defensive midfielder in the slightest. His flicks and tricks and finishing is what he is best at. It's like trying to ask Winks to play up front.
I think Dele will end up playing in that slightly deeper role. I think he will eventually be a Gerrard type player, one who you want involved as often as possible so plays a little deeper but with license to still get forward.

Agreed.
I think he is an excellent player, so rare...

I recall he did start in a deeper midfield role in his MK Dons days.

I prefer him nearer the front though. If a player is capable of smacking 20+ goals a season in the prem - as he has done in that role - then it seems a waste of the most valuable resource not to maximise it...

Exactly. Seems such a waste playing him in a deep CM role.

In reality, or at least my opinion which in fairness can stray far from that, I believe that Eriksen should be able to play that role (and release Dele, Kane and Son) with relative ease. That he has not been able to is why Dele has been there recently in the absence of Winks and Dier.

Because (as Southgate determined) you can have an extra attacking player in the side. Plus his defensive and off the ball nous is superb. I agree, he is at his productive best in that four, but it made sense to me TBH given who was not available. Winks will be vital.

I

And also given that it freed up Eriksen to play further forward.

In reality, or at least my opinion which in fairness can stray far from that, I believe that Eriksen should be able to play that role (and release Dele, Kane and Son) with relative ease. That he has not been able to is why Dele has been there recently in the absence of Winks and Dier.

Fair enough. Whats wrong with Dier this time? He hasnt had a good bit of luck this year with appendicitis, tonsilitis, and probably now arthritis (in his later years).

I think Dele will end up playing in that slightly deeper role. I think he will eventually be a Gerrard type player, one who you want involved as often as possible so plays a little deeper but with license to still get forward.

I agree.

I think that it is a change that could be forced on us if we find it difficult to recruit replacements for Dembele and Wanyama this sunmer.

We have really missed Dier this season, he may not be the best player around but he knits our M/F together and is a big miss.

Every good team has a player like him, he's the cement that hold the house together, many don't see what he does or what he gives to a team.

Back