• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine UTD

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let’s not forget he has good player he has inherited too. What he ha drone is change the guard coaching wise and change the way the team plays
We could easily lose vs Leicester (we won’t IMO) and then the knives will be out again
Of course he has good players too. Would be something else if he had us performing at a top four level without good players.

The good players were mainly injured - we were starting games with Moura upfront.

I am excited for the new season, saw this as a chance for him to assess the squad and meteorology of it.
Yeah don’t disagree
It’s progress
But he inherited some very good players, just ones who attitude and mindset had waned way from what was desired... look at Toby who is leading by example along with Hugo for example. It’s the joys of a fresh approach

We definitely feel more comfortable at home, Leicester will be a good test, but we've already beaten better at the Lane.
Well we would have beaten them away of the offside rule was done correctly (cannot have an offside line that greater than the margin of error for that system, but at least they have been consistent on it)

Sissoko > bentaleb
St.Max and Ritchie could be useful additions to our squad.
Is lo celso overhyped and moura conversely underhyped?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Lo Celso is playing with an injury TBF
Moura has stepped up his work rate to a very very high level
Saint Maxim is like a blunt weapon, he can cause damage but actually isn’t very effective (would have been a spurs signing not that long ago and idolised). Ritchie is average at best IMO

Didn't know about lo Celso's injury. Agree with the rest except Richie... Still more effective than what we have on either flanks.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Fapatalk

Didn't know about lo Celso's injury. Agree with the rest except Richie... Still more effective than what we have on either flanks.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Fapatalk
Groin injury apparently
Ritchie is an out and out winger
Decent player but really not one to step up for a team that plans to challenge for honours IMO. His replacement at Bournemouth is available on a free don’t forget

Lo Celso is playing with an injury TBF
Moura has stepped up his work rate to a very very high level
Saint Maxim is like a blunt weapon, he can cause damage but actually isn’t very effective (would have been a spurs signing not that long ago and idolised). Ritchie is average at best IMO

Lo Celso is quality. He’s been sub par last couple of games and I guess that explains it. A much better player than Moura. That said, Moura has been very very good last couple of games. He has a great ability to beat a player or two but his decision making is suspect. He’s got a great leap for a small man too. Jose definitely seems to rate him more than Poch did.

Saint Maxim, as you say, is very blunt. Reminds me a bit of Traore at Wolves.

Yeah don’t disagree
It’s progress
But he inherited some very good players, just ones who attitude and mindset had waned way from what was desired... look at Toby who is leading by example along with Hugo for example. It’s the joys of a fresh approach

I think with Hugo, you are seeing a keeper who was being asked to do things he just couldnt do - pass it out

I think with Hugo, you are seeing a keeper who was being asked to do things he just couldnt do - pass it out

I think it's as simple as a coach showing him how to kick a ball properly, he could barely get it to the half way line before the lockdown, now he regularly booms it to deep in the opposition half, it's great to see.

Or Traore at Middlesborough. He's kicked on this last season

it looks like he has but from what I’ve seen he is still blunt
He has started his stand up crosses which work well but I’d wager the quantity over quality issue may well be there still

what he does (and ASM does this too) is occupy defenders which help others

Interesting comment on the Lo Celso and Moura flattery. A lot of the work outside the final third goes unnoticed, Lo Celso is definitely better technically which reduces pressure if it involves us keeping the ball, Moura’s work rate is good out of possession which has been useful since we don’t have a lot of it. Both are good at carrying the ball from deep which at a live game always gets you off your seat.
Would like to see a little more involvement from both of them with goals and assists though. For Lo Celso I think this will come with full fitness and a general improvement in the quality and cohesion of the team post the next window and a pre season. Moura is a little too head down in his play so either needs to be more successful in front of goal or become a wing back where the expectation to create and score will be less and his passing options more prescribed.

it looks like he has but from what I’ve seen he is still blunt
He has started his stand up crosses which work well but I’d wager the quantity over quality issue may well be there still

what he does (and ASM does this too) is occupy defenders which help others

He has directly assisted maybe ten goals this season for Jiminez alone. I think there's more he can do, but he has already built on what he had.
I am almost certain you're right about the qantity over quality, though I guess that's true to a degree for nearly all players.

Interesting comment on the Lo Celso and Moura flattery. A lot of the work outside the final third goes unnoticed, Lo Celso is definitely better technically which reduces pressure if it involves us keeping the ball, Moura’s work rate is good out of possession which has been useful since we don’t have a lot of it. Both are good at carrying the ball from deep which at a live game always gets you off your seat.
Would like to see a little more involvement from both of them with goals and assists though. For Lo Celso I think this will come with full fitness and a general improvement in the quality and cohesion of the team post the next window and a pre season. Moura is a little too head down in his play so either needs to be more successful in front of goal or become a wing back where the expectation to create and score will be less and his passing options more prescribed.
I do like Moura BUT if it involves him, Sonny, Kane in the same team don't expect to much inter-play, passing, telepathy etc

That said if we require eg 18 first XI type players...he definitely fills one of those spots

Back