• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

TBH its pretty good for the youngest team in the league.
You'd expect our bad spells to come sometime, and ours are our first 10 and our last 4-5.

I'd like our young team to get the experience of finishing above Arsenal out of the way, though. Else, they will remember that even in one of their lowest seasons and one of our best, we still ended up below them, and that's a psychological millstone that might hang around their necks for quite a while. Not to mention driving a lot of the fans nuts too.

Having thought about it a bit, I'd still like us to sit deep and try to break, if it's possible. We can't get drawn into a trap where we play on the halfway line while the opponent waits to counter, as has happened over the past three weeks. Concede one, and our heads sort of go, and we end up backpedalling and conceding more anyway. However, that might not be possible at this late stage, so if Poch goes with what we've gone for all season, then that's okay, although imv it's a bit of a risk.

---------------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------

Walker----------------Toby-----------------------------------Wimmer-------------Rose

--------------------------Dier------------------------------------Verts---------------------

Lamela----------------------------------Eriksen--------------------------------------Son

---------------------------------------------Kane--------------------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Mason, Davies, Onomah, Carroll, Chadli, N'Jie

Ideally, we'd see N'Jie coming on at around the sixty-minute mark in any eventuality (whether we're leading or protecting a lead) for one of either Son or Lamela, to stretch the play and give us a faster option on the break. Onomah for Eriksen as well at some point, to offer greater solidity. Overall, though, with that team, it's really up to the lads and Poch as to whether we play the way we have done all season and accept the risks that come with it, or if we try to stifle things a bit and play on the break. Verts in the midfield will be mean a more defensive set-up than usual, but that's really something I'd like to see regardless of what approach we adopt, since Mason's clearly being hampered by his injury to a point that makes expecting much from him impossible. However, I don't think it'll hamper attacking play too much, since Verts is a) technically skilled anyway, and b) prone to marauding runs through midfield like a faux-Dembele. :)

I'd like our young team to get the experience of finishing above Arsenal out of the way, though. Else, they will remember that even in one of their lowest seasons and one of our best, we still ended up below them, and that's a psychological millstone that might hang around their necks for quite a while. Not to mention driving a lot of the fans nuts too.

Or it will 'spur' them on for next season IF it happens.

Or it will 'spur' them on for next season IF it happens.

Sure, but I'd rather not take the chance either way, just give them the experience of doing it, and then focus on the bigger picture. It's still in our hands, which is about all we can ask for now. Not even the football gods can be blamed if it happens again. :(

Sure, but I'd rather not take the chance either way, just give them the experience of doing it, and then focus on the bigger picture. It's still in our hands, which is about all we can ask for now. Not even the football gods can be blamed if it happens again. :(
Agreed. And don't think for one nano second that I am advocating the dreaded scenario. Between you and me, I'd rather we'd strolled away with the title THIS year!;)

1. I would bench Kyle Walker. Is Trippier injured?

2. I do not want to see Mason in the starting line-up. The CM is a problem position now. I would like to see Carroll - he played vs. Leicester away and didnt give a bad performance. As much as I gave him grief - he did play better than Ryan.

3. Someone needs to tell Kane - Finishing second is more important than winning the Golden Boot. He had two chances to pass to Lamela in the first half that he refused to. Even in the second half, I dont think Lamela, Kane, Erikson clicked ... As a forumer put it - decision making in the final third was poor.

4. Considering how quiet the home crowd was on Sunday, the away crowd does tend to motivate the team better. Spurs for some reason have played better away than at home. We need to look inwards as fans to understand that before it bites us in a painful area next season.

Last edited:
TBH its pretty good for the youngest team in the league.
You'd expect our bad spells to come sometime, and ours are our first 10 and our last 4-5.

I believe it's huge to finish above scum now. They've had a nightmare, at least half of the fans want Wenger out, Sanchez is throwing a paddy and will most probably agitate for a move, Ozil has made similar noises in recent weeks. Yes they have their beloved CL finish, but they are in a crisis to an extent. If we let them off the hook then it's poor from us.

It means much more to us fans than it does to Poch and the players, but it's a big step for the club as we could be in a situation in the future where we are fighting for the title directly with them. I wouldn't fancy us mentally to win it if we were competing with them and them alone.

Everton have finished above Liverpool in the last 20 years, Emirates Marketing Project have been above United etc. Hell, even West Ham have finished above us a few times if you consider them a rival. We need to get the job done on Sunday.

A couple of weeks ago we destroyed United and Stoke and thought not even Barcelona could touch us. Now we worry about being able to get a point at St James' Park. Lolz

1. I would bench Kyle Walker. Is Trippier injured?

2. I do not want to see Mason in the starting line-up. The CM is a problem position now. I would like to see Carroll - he played vs. Leicester away and didnt give a bad performance. As much as I gave him grief - he did play better than Ryan.

3. Someone needs to tell Kane - Finishing second is more important than winning the Golden Boot. He had two chances to pass to Lamela in the first half that he refused to. Even in the second half, I dont think Lamela, Kane, Erikson clicked ... As a forumer put it - decision making in the final third was poor.

4. Considering how quiet the home crowd was on Sunday, the away crowd does tend to motivate the team better. Spurs for some reason have played better away than at home. We need to look inwards as fans to understand that before it bites us in a painful area next season.

Home support has always been inconsistent. If we get off to a bad start next season, it will definitely be a place the players will not look forward to playing at.

A couple of weeks ago we destroyed United and Stoke and thought not even Barcelona could touch us. Now we worry about being able to get a point at St James' Park. Lolz

Just goes to show, a couple of weeks can be a long time at the sharp end of football.

Think this highlights the need for the improvement in the squad esp for Champs league next year, Dembele and Ali not playing are now big losses for us. Mason Carroll not good enough to be able to cover in the key areas. We never really had big injuries with exception of Jan. Nje unsure of

Think this highlights the need for the improvement in the squad esp for Champs league next year, Dembele and Ali not playing are now big losses for us. Mason Carroll not good enough to be able to cover in the key areas. We never really had big injuries with exception of Jan. Nje unsure of
Exactly! CM and Striker are the areas we need to improve the squad.

I'd be tempted to send Mason off for his operation a week early (he's doing himself no favours playing in this condition) and throw in Winks.

Hopefully Sunderland do over Everton in the week and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in full mourning mood.

Quite frankly if we finish below Arsenal this season, I will lose any confidence that will ever do it

We haven't lost two on the bounce all season. Next Sunday would be a most inopportune time to start.

With or without Dembele and Alli we still have a better team than Saudi Sportswashing Machine, on paper. Whether Saudi Sportswashing Machine want to win it more than us I think will determine the result however.

What worried me most yesterday was the lack of desire shown by so many of the players. The usual suspects were trying their hardest, but there were quite a few just going through the motions I thought. Disappointing to say the least, but we still have a chance to send all the supporters off for the summer happy as fudge with just one more good performance.

Back