• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Man U

He halted his runexpecting the defenderto continue his toward the goal. It's a fairly common thing for an attacking player to do. I'd need to watch it again but I remember thinking at the time that Lennon should have cut it back, but if the defender did infact block of the route to a pass it was good defending rather than bad forward play from Paulinho.

He was behind the defender and therefore could see what he was doing. If the defender is blocking the ball across goal, he pulls back for the cut back, if the defender stops, he carries on for a tap in. The fact is, he did neither.

Disappointing thing was we gifted them the 2 goals. Apart from that, they never looked like scoring the whole match. I think if Lloris had not conceded that penalty, we would have gone on to score 1 or 2 more. We were full of confidence after the wonder goal by Sandro but that penalty really affected our rhythm.

It was the lead up to the penalty that still annoys me slightly. Still dont know why Paulinho getting go for the loose pass when we are on the attack, while Walker has to sprint 30/40yds to get to it, which then leaves us a man short when they counter

It was the lead up to the penalty that still annoys me slightly. Still dont know why Paulinho getting go for the loose pass when we are on the attack, while Walker has to sprint 30/40yds to get to it, which then leaves us a man short when they counter

An excellent point…it was slack from Paulinho for sure…I also feel that when people have asked why Lloris came out there, he obviously saw our right-back upfield and immediately figured we were a man down at the back and thus did what he does, sweeper-keeping…Wellbeck was very very clever indeed. Still cannot believe he hasn't had more stick, because a lot of people agree he 'won' the penalty more than Lloris gave it away…perhaps AVB should've done what Fat Cnut did after their Palace debacle last night and spent 5 minutes telling the world three times why the officials got it wrong!

He was behind the defender and therefore could see what he was doing. If the defender is blocking the ball across goal, he pulls back for the cut back, if the defender stops, he carries on for a tap in. The fact is, he did neither.

He had 0.03 seconds to decide, he went one way, so did Vidic, there was no time to make a second move before the ball flashed across, it was just good defending.

An excellent point…it was slack from Paulinho for sure…I also feel that when people have asked why Lloris came out there, he obviously saw our right-back upfield and immediately figured we were a man down at the back and thus did what he does, sweeper-keeping…Wellbeck was very very clever indeed. Still cannot believe he hasn't had more stick, because a lot of people agree he 'won' the penalty more than Lloris gave it away…perhaps AVB should've done what Fat Cnut did after their Palace debacle last night and spent 5 minutes telling the world three times why the officials got it wrong!

He didn't quite do that but he did call Welbeck a diver, basically.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/01/andre...eck-won-penatly-denies-tottenham-win-4209014/

Steff - you'll have to let the fat Sam hate go or you'll give yourself an ulcer. Go to your happy place. ;)

Lloris had stopped moving (I think) and there was time enough for Welbeck to dodge him. Welbeck chose not to and moved his foot to make contact with Lloris's hands. Why is that not a free kick to the defender?

I think you're all over analysing this now. Lloris was 1 cm or 0.1 seconds from getting the ball. Welbeck did what is expected and ensured the contact was obvious, but that is part of the modern game.

It was a penalty, although a slightly soft one, but Lloris was incredibly close to pulling off a heroic stop.

The sad shame is that Lloris obviously perceived Welbeck as a threat, rather than the gangly buffoon he is, running away from goal.

That's my point. He didn't DECIDE. He neither attacked the space behind Vidic, OR pull back for the cut back. This inaction gave Lennon little opportunity to find him and did the only thing possible in the circumstances. For me, that is down to Paulie there.

Back