• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Man U

i've already answered this but yes i agree... IN AND OUT THE TEAM (all in league games). Lamela hasn't even done that.

Like, I said. Different players adapt at different speeds. AVB has spoken a couple of times about Lamela taking a little longer in this regard. Lamela has also spoken of having to adapt to the physicality of the English game. I don't see why you would disregard this and come to a conclusion that there is no evidence for.

If I was Spurs manager (a horrific thought, granted) I can definitely see circumstances where I might want to keep a player who is highly talented but struggling to adapt to the English game away from our home fans who are very quick to turn on a player and get on their back.

I am not sure how you can say he was in good form prior to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. He had an excellent game against Sheriff but one game hardly constitutes form. Am I missing something?

'we' as in Tottenham hotspur were in good form prior to that game.

He has DONE this MANY times but the pass isn't quick enough!!!!!! That he gets back onside is a ****ing miracle mate…

…he needs more quality and speed in this department. The move which saw him and Paulinho link and present him with that fantastic chance on his right boot is exactly what we should be doing more of, and that was a FAST break. He was signed with the thought he'd be playing with Bale. Imagine how many he'd have now with Bale in the side.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this point. When he DOES make an incisive run, Paulinho finds him and a great chance is created. Personally, I don't think you can lay ALL the fault at others doors. Yes, we need to pass forward faster, but the runs also need to be cleverer. I just don't buy that he miraculously gets back onside after his run comes to nought. He isn't the fastest in the world and I didn't think his game was playing on the shoulder. I thought it was all about finding clever space in the box and finishing. This is what I want to see.

Regarding Bale, Solado would only have benefitted from the Harry version of Bale ie the one that played on the left and whipped in crosses. With the AVB version, ie the one that cut in and shot, Soldado would have fared little better than Ade or Defoe IMO. Same problem as now.

Last edited:
KD, do you think Lamala will get more games later in the season or what?

Personally, I think all of this 'He wasn't an AVB buy' stuff is nonsense that belongs in the era of Ramos and Commoli. There is absolutely no way in hell the club spent 30M on a player the coach did not rate. AVB and Baldini sing from the same hymn sheet and agree on the style of football that should be played and which players suit it. Lamela will perfectly suit an AVB team once he is ready.

He is very obviously being introduced to England slowly and kept out of the limelight as much as possible. The reason he started vs City could be numerous - he was with the club during the international break and able to train with the team on a tactical plan (I heard this but I don't know if he was actually here during the break?). It could be that we decided Zabaleta usually does well vs pacey touchline hugging wingers and we wanted to throw him off balance with a player that would drift inside. It could be simply that we have lower expectations against City than we do vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine, where not performing is a greater sin. Therefore it's better to play him in a game where he may be able to go out and express himself without worrying as much about mistakes, where as against Saudi Sportswashing Machine if the physicality got to him the crowd would pretty soon let their frustrations be known and knock his confidence.

It could be anything really. But I fully believe he will play more from Feb onwards, and that next season he will be a key player for us.

Happy with the performance and satisfied with the result. But really wish we had won. It has been 12 years since we beat ManU in the league at home. After beating them away last season, thought we would beat them at home this time. Thought we played really well and deserved to win. It was almost a carbon copy of last season's 3-2 win at ManU but the one missing thing was the third goal by Dempsey. And Dempsey probably would have scored the tap-in chance missed by Townsend in the second half.

It was really nice to see our attacks being lethal in this match. We were very unlucky not to get the third or even 4th goal. It was well-taken goals by Walker and Sandro. Nice to see us scoring direct from freekick for once. It was really clever of Walker to shot the freekick right under the ManU's defensive wall. Hope this will boost Walker's confidence to score more goals from freekicks. It was a world class wonder goal by Sandro goal. And what a time to score his first goal of the season. Sandro was probably fired up to score after being credited with the own goal against ManCity. It was only Sandro's 3rd league goals in 4 seasons for us. Hope he can score more after this.

Despite scoring 2 goals, really disappointed none of our attacking players scored the goals. Soldado played well but should have scored the chance in the first half. He should have been more composed as he had a lot of time to put the ball on target. I am convinced we would have won this match had Soldado scored to make it 2-0 for us then. Defoe was again disappointing as he didn't do anything of note after coming on in the second half. Find it puzzling why Defoe still cannot score in the league despite getting 9 goals in Cup matches so far.

Had mixed feeling about our midfield in this match. Thought our entire midfield played well but we let ManU dominate the midfield for too long in the match. I think if we had won more possession, we could have won this match comfortably. Apart from Sandro who scored the wonder goal, credit to Dembele and Paulinho for playing well. Paulinho probably had his best match for us but too bad he didn't score. Nice to see Dembele again playing well against ManU. Credit to Lennon for troubling the ManU defence time and time again. But wish his finishing had been more accurate and lethal. Thought Lennon should have scored atleast 1 of the 2 chances that came his way. Townsend really should have scored the chance in the second half but he was too slow to react to the pass by Walker.

Really disappointed we conceded the 2 goals through defensive mistakes. Walker should have been more alert for their first goal. He should have tried to clear it instead of trying to control it, which resulted in the ball deflecting off him to Rooney. You can't help but worried about Lloris' form now. He doesn't look like the same player since the head injury. Unforced errors seems to be coming into his game since then. After making the 2 crucial mistakes against ManCity, disappointing to see him conceding the penalty. It reminded me of Robinson and Gomes used to concede those penalties regularly before. I think Lloris of the pre-injury period would have collected the ball easily but he was too slow to react this time, causing him to concede the penalty. It was only a minimum contact with the ManU player but it was enough to give away the penalty. Hope Lloris will get back him best form soon.

Great to see us extending our unbeaten run against ManU to 3 league games now. Without a doubt, AVB has the knowhow and luck to match ManU as he has managed to keep us unbeaten against them so far. Just hope we will repeat our historic win at ManU when we play them again on Jan 1. We are now winless in 4 league matches but hope this result will boost our confidence to get back the winning mood soon.

I was gonna start a thread but probably here is the best place to ask a simple question.

Who was impressed by United on Sunday? I certainly wasn't. Rooney is world class but the rest of them are average IMO.

I was gonna start a thread but probably here is the best place to ask a simple question.

Who was impressed by United on Sunday? I certainly wasn't. Rooney is world class but the rest of them are average IMO.

I agree. We conceded two cheap/unlucky goals - but it never really felt threatening when they attacked. It usually does with them. Not impressed at all.

I agree. We conceded two cheap/unlucky goals - but it never really felt threatening when they attacked. It usually does with them. Not impressed at all.

Disappointing thing was we gifted them the 2 goals. Apart from that, they never looked like scoring the whole match. I think if Lloris had not conceded that penalty, we would have gone on to score 1 or 2 more. We were full of confidence after the wonder goal by Sandro but that penalty really affected our rhythm.

That pen was a sham. Funny how nothing was said of it despite most experts agreeing Wellbeck has looked for it, yet Bale was absolutely slaughtered week in week out regardless.

Absolutely agree, I think they have some very ordinary players in their side. One of the weakest United teams for years but a typical Moyes outfit in that they hustle and bustle and work hard for each other.

That pen was a sham. Funny how nothing was said of it despite most experts agreeing Wellbeck has looked for it, yet Bale was absolutely slaughtered week in week out regardless.

and funny how you feel this pen was a 'sham' yet constantly defended Bale's pen incidents.

Anyway most 'experts' said it was a pen.

Regardless of whether he looked for it or not , it was ( unfortunately) a nailed on penalty. Lloris doesn't get the ball and catches his leg. We would be livid if was our player and not given, as I was with Bale last year on many occasions .

That pen for me shows how accepting we are of this type of action. He did manufacture the contact but these are given more times than not. A sad indictment of the way the game is going.

a player can be looking for it and it still be a penalty

That's where the guidance to referees needs changing IMO.

It was a penalty, and a penalty needs awarding but the striker in that situation should be booked (retrospectively if required) for putting his leg out and ensuring there was contact.

Regardless of whether he looked for it or not , it was ( unfortunately) a nailed on penalty. Lloris doesn't get the ball and catches his leg. We would be livid if was our player and not given, as I was with Bale last year on many occasions .

I agree that, by convention, that incident is almost always given as a penalty, but here's the thing: Lloris had stopped moving (I think) and there was time enough for Welbeck to dodge him. Welbeck chose not to and moved his foot to make contact with Lloris's hands. Why is that not a free kick to the defender?

If you and I are walking down the street headed straight for each other, and I stop, while you carry on and bump shoulders with me, who owes whom an apology in this instance?

While we are griping about rules interpretations, top marks to whichever commentator it was who said recently that a defender shielding the ball as it goes out of play while making no attempt to play the ball should be penalised for obstruction.

That pen for me shows how accepting we are of this type of action. He did manufacture the contact but these are given more times than not. A sad indictment of the way the game is going.

Lloris rushed out.
He didn't get even a slight touch on the ball.
He didn't try to pull out.
He clipped welbecks ankles.
Welbeck had nowhere else to go.

There's an element of manufacturing there, I'm sure Welbeck knew he wasn't going to score but lloris took out the player with none of the ball.

Lloris rushed out.
He didn't get even a slight touch on the ball.
He didn't try to pull out.
He clipped welbecks ankles.
Welbeck had nowhere else to go.

There's an element of manufacturing there, I'm sure Welbeck knew he wasn't going to score but lloris took out the player with none of the ball.

The first bits are right but he did not clip Welbeck. Rather it was the other way around. I saw it as Welbeck dragging his foot to make contact with Lloris' hands which were stationary on the ground at that point. It was an unnatural movement by Welbeck which means it was manufactured IMO. Lloris did not 'take the player out' but as I said it is given most of the time (unless you are Bale last year).

By HALTING his run he didn't create the angle though. He let he defender boss him, not the other way round. Poor play.

He halted his run expecting the defender to continue his toward the goal. It's a fairly common thing for an attacking player to do. I'd need to watch it again but I remember thinking at the time that Lennon should have cut it back, but if the defender did infact block of the route to a pass it was good defending rather than bad forward play from Paulinho.

Back