• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

For the most part I agree with that. I think by and large, our fans are fairly knowledgeable and level headed, if not a bit pessimistic/realistic but that's what happens when your team underachieves for 20 years. Having said that, we do have a sizeable chunk of the fanbase who have ideas above their stations. When you ask fans of other teams why they don't like Spurs, the common denominator is always our fans, no one hates the way we play football or the way that the club operates. We're the 2nd most hated team in London from my experience, the only reason we are not number 1 is because Chelsea win trophies and have been very successful in the last 15 years.

Liverpool fans are on another level in terms of deludeness granted but we're in the top 10 easily I'd say.

Most people dislike clubs because of their fans
- I have nothing against West Ham & Pool other than their fans are clams (and every pundit is so far up Pool's ass)

People hate clubs that are relevant, nobody gave a brick about Leicester winning the league, because it changes nothing, in 5 years they will be a trivia question, everybody knew it then, everybody knows it now. If Spurs however won the FA Cup and/or PL title with the new Stadium and the squad we have now, we could threaten the established order for decades to come.

10 years ago, when we hadn't finished in European spots or top 6 for over a decade, Spurs wasn't hated (even fudging Scum fans were "oh United are our real rivals"), in the last 10 years when we have only finished outside top 6 once, all of sudden everyone hates us, we are Cheat$ki's rivals, we are Scum's rivals, we are West Ham's rivals, we are Pool's rivals, why? because we are relevant and are being more successful.

Referencing the comment made against Pool, I would say it, they have finished above us once in the last 6 or 7 fudging years, yet somehow those deluded fudges start every season as title contenders, if calling them out on that brick is above our station .. then I'm guilty.

Raza - suggest you refresh your memory with SteveAWOLs post above.
So Liverpool’s chances of winning the game went from about 45% after 2 minutes to somewhere between about 59% and 47% at half time. Doesn’t that support the fact that aside from the goal that they got from Dier’s assist, they didn’t really create much else?

Most people dislike clubs because of their fans
- I have nothing against West Ham & Pool other than their fans are clams (and every pundit is so far up Pool's ass)

People hate clubs that are relevant, nobody gave a brick about Leicester winning the league, because it changes nothing, in 5 years they will be a trivia question, everybody knew it then, everybody knows it now. If Spurs however won the FA Cup and/or PL title with the new Stadium and the squad we have now, we could threaten the established order for decades to come.

10 years ago, when we hadn't finished in European spots or top 6 for over a decade, Spurs wasn't hated (even fudging Scum fans were "oh United are our real rivals"), in the last 10 years when we have only finished outside top 6 once, all of sudden everyone hates us, we are Cheat$ki's rivals, we are Scum's rivals, we are West Ham's rivals, we are Pool's rivals, why? because we are relevant and are being more successful.

Referencing the comment made against Pool, I would say it, they have finished above us once in the last 6 or 7 fudging years, yet somehow those deluded fudges start every season as title contenders, if calling them out on that brick is above our station .. then I'm guilty.

I dislike Arsenal and Chelsea as clubs, not solely because of their fans but for various other reasons. I think a lot of people dislike Chelsea because of how they operate as a club, their owner, their racist fanbase but this racism also permeates from within the club. They have pretty much always been dreadful to watch too.

I dislike Real Madrid because of their breathtaking arrogance and Barca to an extent but I love watching Messi play football so I prefer them to Real.

I take your point about people disliking clubs because of their fans, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are a good example but with us, most people I speak to say it's because of our fans. They begrudgingly admit we play good football and run our club the right way. Log on to KUMB for example and despite how much West Ham hate us, they constantly reference how well run we are as a club in general and how they wish they were run similarly and not by the dildo bros.

Old Virgil Van Lesbian doesn’t do well against us. Kane made him look a clown against Soton a couple of years ago with his wild air kick and after giving away the equalizing penalty Ven Lesbian mouths it off about Kane and how his price take doesn’t impact his game. C_unt.

SWEEEETTT!!!!! and its his initial nice pass that sets Eriksen Free on the left.

WOOMPHH!!!! what a rocket!!! love it

You were watching a different game to me if you thought we were better than Liverpool in the first half. Every report I have seen and read, including comments by Poch, said we were poor in the first half.

But a dominant team would create chances and at least hit the target

Forcing us to make errors was impressive but Hugo made no saves In That first half and the nearest they came to a goal was Milners deflected shot

Apart from the goal, Pool had several other chances in that first half and we had one single solitary shot on target. We were extremely lucky to only be one down at half time.

They had one shot on target and it was the goal which came from our error

The problem was (and why they looked better) that we made a lot of enforced errors and made none in the second half

They didn't dominate us at all. Their manic pressing just caught us in possession a few times. They probably had one other decent chance in the first half aside from the goal (that Dier put in the through ball for). We were on top in the first half without creating chances and the more the game went on and the more tired Liverpool became due to their manic pressing earlier on, the more time we had on the ball t the back, which made it easier for our defence to play out to our midfield and for our midfield to hold the ball and find passes to our forwards who were finding space between their lines. It was only us missing the penalty that put a bit of wind into Liverpool's sails and led them to have just about their only attack of the second half. Had that first penalty not been given I think we would've gone on to win that game 2-1.

Absolutely this.

We contained their manic press for the half, restricting them to just a couple of breaks - early goal being the exception.

They ran themselves into the ground without really making advantage.

Second half their legs went completely and we were able to really assert ourselves having weathered the early storm.

By the end of the game Liverpool were completely ragged.

First half I would say was evens, they started strong and we finished strong.

Second half was ours, and really we should have won.

Really hate it when people trot out the tired old line “if a player feels contact he’s entitled to go down”. fudge that, football is a contact sport ffs! How would we feel if Vertonghen nudged someone in the box to gain an advantage even if it was 50/50 and Salah threw himself to the ground and won a penalty? We’d be livid! The only reason to ever go to ground is when you have no choice I.e. when you’ve lost balance or the force of the contact forces you to go to ground. It’s a joke what is now construed as a foul in the box these days and is given as a penalty. And i include our players in this too, Kane is a master at dragging his leg to win pens.

It is what it is. I completely agree with Hootnow. We are one of the dirtiest, cynical sides in the league, sometimes we cross the line but personally I’d rather we acted in this manner than go back to being the soft, pushovers we were 10 years ago. At least teams know they’re in for a physical contest when they play us now.

Depends on your perspective. I believe we stick up for ourselves these days. Kane gets kicked all the time and tries to stay upright. At least we don’t wave imaginary cards at refs every five mins. Mo Salah, take a bow!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Depends on your perspective. I believe we stick up for ourselves these days. Kane gets kicked all the time and tries to stay upright. At least we don’t wave imaginary cards at refs every five mins. Mo Salah, take a bow!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree we stick up for ourselves, I also think we are quite cynical when we need to be, there are plenty of examples I could give. We can also be dirty on occasion, nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't cross the line.

Back