• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

Why an earth would you want to play Lamela when Son is available, 3 times the player and overwhelmingly more effective.

Why on earth would you want to play Lamela when Son is available, he's 3 times the player, carries a threat and is overwhelmingly more effective.

The stats do not suggest that. It depends on how we want to play. If we are playing on the counter son. If we are looking to press and contain the ball lamela.

But I always would choose the player in form if and fully fit. Son is my pick but for different reasons

Are you not a bit harsh now? he has to find some liverpool players somewhere.

I cannot say that based on this season it is unreasonable to leave the spurs players out. Dembele hasn't been his normal self, Davies is doing fine but will probably lose out to a fit Rose, Sanchez is still learning his trade.

result is:
6 spurs and 5 liverpool players.

I don’t think I am. Dembele hasn’t been at his best but neither has Henderson and Dembele is a far, far better player. It’s not even a debate.

The young lad from Hull has played a handful of games. He’s been decent but was kept out of the side by Moreno. He hasn’t played enough and he hasn’t played well enough to be considered in Davies’ league. Davies has been rock solid for us in most games and exceptionally good in a few.

VVD has done nothing this season. Downed tools at Southampton, gave away the winner against Swansea. Sanchez has been far better.

I think Phil Thompson is great for his unashamed bias towards Liverpool. He’s a proper football fan. But Jesus I draw the line at him picking Robertson over Davies, Van Dijk over Sanchez and Henderson over Dembele in his combined eleven. There’s bias and then there is stupidity.

I think Thompson is an A grade twunt, personally. His job, for which he’s paid handsomely, is to analyse and be unbiased.

It would also help if he could speak English.

I think Thompson is an A grade twunt, personally. His job is too analyse and be unbiased.

It would also help if he could speak English.

He’s a terrible pundit but he is a football fan and as much as I hate Liverpool, I love that. Just like Stelling, you can see how much he loves his club.

How could you possibly pick Henderson over Dembele, Wanyama, Dier or even Winks? Robertson would be third choice LB for us.
How could you possibly pick Henderson over Dembele, Wanyama, Dier or even Winks? Robertson would be third choice LB for us.

If you read what I said. I stated an inform Dembele wastes Henderson. But he has not been on form. The way it was picked on that site was players in form, not them at their best. But also with my biased glasses off he has been better than Dier and winks in that position ( dier keeps moving around ) and winks has been injured .

Robertson. Well he would not beat out Rose. But Davies for me is a workman like player. Not bad, but not great either.

I'm hoping poch camy overcome this away day with aplomb... emphatic 1-5 to us.

In the process get a few red cards chasing shadows.

Can't be tired and have to focus and take our chances. I would love a kane hat trick .... not asking for much.

Alongside City away, this is the most difficult game of the season. We know what to expect, fast, frenetic, aggressive and no time on the ball. They thrive on teams who want possession. They will look to blow us out in the first half, pressing us into submission, forcing mistakes.

City are the one team that can potentially play through their press but we saw that even they couldn't cope a few weeks ago. Chamberlain, Can, Wijnaldum all were so quick to rattle into challenges on any midfielders first touch. For me, I want us to by pass this in the first 45 mins at least. Go long. Go direct.

Those same set of midfielders struggle to pick holes in sides when they have possession. They are the opposite of Arsenal who thrive on teams sitting back, with players like Ozil able to pick a lock when unchallenged. Hopefully we can continue to show flexibility in our approach as we did against Dortmund and Liverpool at home.

For me when we start coming to places like Anfield and showing we can compete and get results (even a draw), we would finally go some way to showing some maturity and showing we have what it takes to get results anywhere and win trophies.

Why an earth would you want to play Lamela when Son is available, 3 times the player and overwhelmingly more effective.

Keep the squad fresh? Many games coming thick and fast. Harsh on Son, but he's always a quality option off the bench.. Could just as easily be Alli rested mind you.

Why on earth would you want to play Lamela when Son is available, he's 3 times the player, carries a threat and is overwhelmingly more effective.

Keep the squad fresh? Many games coming thick and fast. Harsh on Son, but he's always a quality option off the bench.. Could just as easily be Alli rested mind you.

We have to cut out the needless short passing at the back. We have to pass effectively, not just back to the keeper. We need to play more direct and with pace to counter them as we did at Wembley. We need to be clinical in front of goal, something we were not against Manchester United on Wednesday

We have to cut out the needless short passing at the back. We have to pass effectively, not just back to the keeper. We need to play more direct and with pace to counter them as we did at Wembley. We need to be clinical in front of goal, something we were not against Manchester United on Wednesday

Can't just turn the finishing on like a tap but I agree perhaps take a different approach or at least mix it up a little.

Can't just turn the finishing on like a tap but I agree perhaps take a different approach or at least mix it up a little.

At times it felt like we were snatching at chances. We were shooting from positions which had a lower chance to score. We had players take shots where others were in a better position. We need to maximise our efficiency in goal by playing for the right opportunities where possible. And I don’t want ya to overplay by waiting for the perfect chance, just for us to be more savvy in front of goal.

Their attack is very very strong, whilst their defence has mistakes in it.
Their attack thrives on pace and space to run into - they sold their "lock-picker" Coutinho.

So it sounds like we should sit back and counter but I still believe we only did that against Dortmund because they were so good it forced us back.

Poch generally likes our defence to push up to half way and condense play in the opposition half... will be fascinating to see what happens tomorrow, and whether it is intended or a consequence of their play.

This is the peak season for this Spurs team, hard to see how they can improve that much on what they have, so if they can't overcome the biggest teams this season, it's their system needs looking at, how they attempt to outmanoeuvre the opposition, rather than just upgrading a player here and there.

Essentially, for the money they can spend, they have the best Spurs team they can get, very good all across the park. If that proves not to be good enough, it's a major rethink time, or they slide back.

When you consider how far ahead of us they were after the Wembley game, and how far ahead we got of them,then even without factoring in Everton's penalty, Solanke's non goal against WBA, and Kane's hattricks after his stamp at City, Alli also getting away with it, and their offside goal against Swansea, that's a big point form difference in our favour over the last 20 or so games.
My guess is this Spurs team has peaked already, probably after CL group stage and beating us.
That's not to say they're finished, nowhere near, particularly on a one off game, but I will say that failure for them this season, whatever their big ambitions are, is the end of this particular team's cycle.

If they miss out on top 4 there will be player and manager exodus. Spurs should be a mid table team. Chelsea and Arsenal are big clubs. Spurs are Palace level.

lol

It’s always our failure to win competitions which sees us compared with teams like Crystal Palace. We need success to be considered a big team, and yet the quality of our players, future stadium, and management is such that right now, we are a long way ahead of Crystal Palace in every other sense.

If you read what I said. I stated an inform Dembele wastes Henderson. But he has not been on form. The way it was picked on that site was players in form, not them at their best. But also with my biased glasses off he has been better than Dier and winks in that position ( dier keeps moving around ) and winks has been injured .

Robertson. Well he would not beat out Rose. But Davies for me is a workman like player. Not bad, but not great either.
I must have been watching a different Henderson this season then.

Davies is far from average, Robertson couldn’t even get in ahead of Moreno most of the season! Ridiculous!

It’s always our failure to win competitions which sees us compared with teams like Crystal Palace. We need success to be considered a big team, and yet the quality of our players, future stadium, and management is such that right now, we are a long way ahead of Crystal Palace in every other sense.

To be honest, I couldn't give a fudge what armchair Liverpool fans think

Back