• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

Liverpool v Spurs, Anfield - Sunday 4 Feb 2018. KO 16.30

Something sticks in my craw when I hear Tottenham described as a ‘big club’. They’re not a big club. They’re a very decent team at the moment and they can draw 50,000 to Wembley when they play the likes of Stoke and West Brom, but that doesn’t make them a big club. Big clubs win Titles and do so across several decades. They have a tradition of success. Everton are a Big Club it pains me to say. Tottenham aren’t. My mate Paul supports Spurs and right now he’s badger-a-hoop, so I have to keep reminding him that his club have never won the Title in my lifetime – and I’m extremely old.

I saw the fixture earlier in the season. The 4-1 thing at Wembley. We had over 70 per cent of the possession which, as PoP will tell you, means we couldn’t win the match. But to lose by that score? That was unusual. Admittedly Dejan Lovren had a pantomime match (“he’s behind you!”) and their goalie made our goalie look even more flaky than he actually is, but it was noticeable how Spurs struggled to string three consecutive passes together for most of the game. On the break they were different. Like us in fact. Son, in particular, looked as if he’d been coached up by Klopp himself. And of course Harry Kane just needs a sight of goal and the shot is despatched. Personally I couldn’t care less whether both Bello and Bradley both baldly lied, I’d like to see Harry Kane in gaol.

But, hey, this is Anfield and Tottenham don’t like Anfield. We’ve only lost once since that Wembley calamity too – and that was to the best team in Wales. So I’m expecting a 4-1 to us this time. Sure, Tottenham are on a roll themselves at the moment. They tinkled all over Man United last night, although they struggled against a better organised Newport at the weekend. Paul tells me that it will be a comfortable victory for his team, but he’s said that on every single occasion that Spurs have visited Anfield since I’ve known him. And I’ve known him since 1984. They’re like that, Tottenham fans. Utterly deluded. It’s a great thing to be since you always come up smiling even when the rest of the world knows you’re bonkers.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=339187.0

That could have been written by anyone of the clowns I have to work with...

This game is always an interesting match up, two evenly matched sides who press and like a fast transition when the opportunity presents.

I'm expecting a 2-2 draw, but also think we'll beat Arse which would give us 7 points from 9 from three tough games.

COYS

When facing an adverse, must-win schedule in order to make the NFL playoffs, I always admired what Green Bay's star quarterback Aaron Rodgers had to say:

"I feel like we can run the table."

And they did.

One down.

Something sticks in my craw when I hear Tottenham described as a ‘big club’. They’re not a big club. They’re a very decent team at the moment and they can draw 50,000 to Wembley when they play the likes of Stoke and West Brom, but that doesn’t make them a big club. Big clubs win Titles and do so across several decades. They have a tradition of success. Everton are a Big Club it pains me to say. Tottenham aren’t. My mate Paul supports Spurs and right now he’s badger-a-hoop, so I have to keep reminding him that his club have never won the Title in my lifetime – and I’m extremely old.

I saw the fixture earlier in the season. The 4-1 thing at Wembley. We had over 70 per cent of the possession which, as PoP will tell you, means we couldn’t win the match. But to lose by that score? That was unusual. Admittedly Dejan Lovren had a pantomime match (“he’s behind you!”) and their goalie made our goalie look even more flaky than he actually is, but it was noticeable how Spurs struggled to string three consecutive passes together for most of the game. On the break they were different. Like us in fact. Son, in particular, looked as if he’d been coached up by Klopp himself. And of course Harry Kane just needs a sight of goal and the shot is despatched. Personally I couldn’t care less whether both Bello and Bradley both baldly lied, I’d like to see Harry Kane in gaol.

But, hey, this is Anfield and Tottenham don’t like Anfield. We’ve only lost once since that Wembley calamity too – and that was to the best team in Wales. So I’m expecting a 4-1 to us this time. Sure, Tottenham are on a roll themselves at the moment. They tinkled all over Man United last night, although they struggled against a better organised Newport at the weekend. Paul tells me that it will be a comfortable victory for his team, but he’s said that on every single occasion that Spurs have visited Anfield since I’ve known him. And I’ve known him since 1984. They’re like that, Tottenham fans. Utterly deluded. It’s a great thing to be since you always come up smiling even when the rest of the world knows you’re bonkers.

We’ve only lost once since that Wembley calamity too – and that was to the best team in Wales.
:D

The first paragraph describes Liverpool to anyone in their 20s or younger. Liverpool have finished ahead of Spurs once this decade!

According to the Liverpool forum, we are a small team and they do not understand why we are classed as a big team and that we have no history. They say they are going to spank us and that we should be honoured to be sharing the same pitch as them.

This is epic!
If we go by form, I think we were 7-9 pts behind after Wembley, but 7 in front by Everton.
We lost 2 pts against Everton to a dive penalty, maybe 2 to WBA for Solanke's disallowed goal.
They got nothing on Kane and Alli for clear red card stamps at Emirates Marketing Project, 2 hattricks from Kane in the next 2 games when he shouldn't have been playing, plus an opener against Swansea way offside.
And we're still ahead.
All of that to me suggests our form is actually way better than theirs.

So basically, all our points are pure luck, and they've only lost points because everyone and everything is against them, so therefore they're in better form! o_O

According to the Liverpool forum, we are a small team and they do not understand why we are classed as a big team and that we have no history. They say they are going to spank us and that we should be honoured to be sharing the same pitch as them.

And they partly base that claim by how many people turned up at two different exhibition matches in bloody Australia. :p rawk doesn't fail to deliver.

This is epic!

So basically, all our points are pure luck, and they've only lost points because everyone and everything is against them, so therefore they're in better form! o_O

Hopefully that will be something in which they can find consolation come Sunday evening.

In that same post ''They’re like that, Tottenham fans. Utterly deluded. It’s a great thing to be since you always come up smiling even when the rest of the world knows you’re bonkers.''

Ironic thing to say on a forum that has a popular Twitter page dedicated to it's hilarious(and deluded) posts!

Part of me wants us to take it to them like we did to Utd or like we did to Liv at Wembley (Winks was the only recognised CM that started). However....you know that will probably suit Liverpool too (Like it did for them vs City). I think we may be best to sit in tight and make it difficult for them for 20 or 30 mins and hit them on the break. Catch 22 for Poch. Wouldn't be surprised to see MS back for this game if anyone isn't 100% after Weds.

Surely Toby wont be straight back in in such a high intensity fixture, so that means same back 4 (unless Dier drops in and VW joins the midfield - unlikely).

This is epic!

They've been looking at the good old RAWK 'Alternative League' table again by the looks of it.

We really need to start winning these games, I mean really, is there another team in the top flight that has such a poor record at certain grounds? , if we were to look at the list of sides that have managed to win at Stamford Bridge since we last won there, or the list of teams that have won more times at Anfield than us we'd be amazed.

Poch has sorted so many of our frailties out as a club but away from home in big games is not one of them.

Wouldn't be surprised to see MS back for this game if anyone isn't 400% after Weds.

Terrible idea.

Liverpools psychotic press with destroy him, he is now where near composed enough to cope. He'll lose it in dangerous areas and make them look good.

If Sissoko plays a big game this week he would be better suited to Arsenal.

Back