• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

Would you have said the same about Ferguson picking Park ahead of more creative attacking players at United when they were at home to good teams?

I think at home you should play your most dangerous wingers to unlock the door.

from what I remember Park was used predominantly in the euro big matches......either way I understand what your are saying......and KD.

Lets not discuss Uniited......trying to remain positive because I believe the key to this game is cm where I believe we will have more than enough to supress Liverpool....I am not going to berate or offer an opinion until after the match where we can see how effective AVB's first 11 was. But I agree with KD in the sense we shouldnt be setting up to stop liverpool we should set up to blow them away.....I would 100% go for Townsend over Chadli on the LEFT..........

happy to be proved wrong - happy to get behind the team - 3 points is an absolute must today!!!!

And why don't you care much if we look threatening at set pieces? A few more goals from this source could be absolutely critical at the end of the season. You should care.

Really tough game but I'm really hoping we raise our game today. As we did with United but they carry a hoo doo over us where as we have a very good home record v Liverpool. Psychologically this could have an impact on the game.

Tough though as we haven't beaten a "top" side this season yet or without Bale. So today would be an ideal time to start

Townsend offers pace. I'd say that much. He attacks players, but so did Kacaniklic from Fulham and so did Pennant for Stoke. He's a superb impact sub to make as players tire towards the end and don't want pace running at them

And why don't you care much if we look threatening at set pieces? A few more goals from this source could be absolutely critical at the end of the season. You should care.

Because we need to work on our movement/passing in the final third and that's far more important than our ability from set pieces.

Deciding that we can't score via the proper means and settling for scoring from set pieces instead is the first step towards the dark side. I'll start worrying about scoring from set pieces once we've sorted out scoring the proper way.

Sky Panel:

Graeme Souness
Jamie Carragher
Steven Gerrard

Impartial.

Two ex-Spurs and 2 ex-Liverpool and current Liverpool.

post-6023-13764596892074.gif

I think at home you should play your most dangerous wingers to unlock the door.

from what I remember Park was used predominantly in the euro big matches......either way I understand what your are saying......and KD.

Lets not discuss Uniited......trying to remain positive because I believe the key to this game is cm where I believe we will have more than enough to supress Liverpool....I am not going to berate or offer an opinion until after the match where we can see how effective AVB's first 11 was. But I agree with KD in the sense we shouldnt be setting up to stop liverpool we should set up to blow them away.....I would 100% go for Townsend over Chadli on the LEFT..........

happy to be proved wrong - happy to get behind the team - 3 points is an absolute must today!!!!

We remember things differently then. I remember Park being used frequently in big league games, including home games where United were marginal/small-ish favourites. I could be wrong of course though. I just offered it as an example where one of the most respected and successful managers around did what to some of you seem unacceptable or overly cautious.

I could understand the "just blow them away" attitude if we were at home to a poor lower half team, but we're not. Liverpool, even with a couple of injuries, are a good (arguably very good) side where a balance between stopping them playing and attacking them should be found.

I'm also very optimistic about the central midfield, looking at the players it could end up as a boys against men situation, I won't take anything for granted, but hopefully we'll all be very happy about Sandro and Dembele after the game :)

Let me guess, they're talking about Liverpool's title chances and us needing a win to relieve pressure from AVB?

Lloris, Walker, Rose, Dawson, Chiriches, Dembele, Sandro, Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho, Soldado... Thats the word on the team for today...

What has he offered?

I remember:

1) him being our only performer against Arsenal
2) Our best player against Chelski
3) our best player vs Hull
4) our best player vs Villa

that's off the top of my head. Sadly we live in a world where you're judged solely on what you've done lately so months of hard work and good performances gets chucked out the window by certain people. Ah well.

Lloris, Walker, Rose, Dawson, Chiriches, Dembele, Sandro, Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho, Soldado... Thats the word on the team for today...

I'd be surprised if it was anything different.
Of course that's 3 that started on thursday!

Back