• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

The team pretty much picks itself after Thursday.

[/Center]
Lloris

Walker Dawson Vlad Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lennon Paulinho Chadli

Defoe

3-1 COYS!​

I don't think Rose will play if his own comments are anything to go by.

I'd pick Soldado all day long, Lennon right, Townsend left, Holtby in behind with Sandro and Demebele mopping up. Get the wingers to tuck in without the ball to make us solid, stretch the game when we do have it.

Chadli over Townsend for my by some distance. He offers us at least some physical presence in attack. I also think he's considerably better defensively than Townsend and regardless of if it's Rose back from injury or Naughton at left back I think the added defensive protection could be useful.

Townsend to come on towards the last 25-30 minutes when more space is opening up either for the counter attack when we lead or to break them down if we need a goal.

Really hopeful about Lennon today, they're likely to play Flanagan at left back. He's a promising right back, but that's about it. And most of their left wing options aren't all that fond of defending I think. Could be a great game for Lennon.

Sandro will be key too, need him to stop their counter attacks before they happen. I trust that he will. Saaaaaaandrooooo!

we're playing at the Lane...we've done this cautious approach time and time again to no avail (in terms of performance)...we shouldn't be worried about which one of our attacking wingers offers better cover defensively at the Lane. It's pool that should be deciding their team based on the players attributes in a defensive sense.

The team pretty much picks itself after Thursday.

[/Center]
Lloris

Walker Dawson Vlad Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lennon Paulinho Chadli

Defoe

3-1 COYS!​

If it picks itself after Thursday then shouldn't Soldado start?​

and Chadli offering physical presence shouldn't really matter when playing a pool team that will probably field a team full of technically gifted midgets. We hardly ever look threatening when attacking set pieces so his physical presence will only be beneficial when defending set pieces....which i said becomes null and void when playing against shrimps (SHOULD become null and void i should say).

we're playing at the Lane...we've done this cautious approach time and time again to no avail (in terms of performance)...we shouldn't be worried about which one of our attacking wingers offers better cover defensively at the Lane. It's pool that should be deciding their team based on the players attributes in a defensive sense.

agree...with this.

bottom line we need to be pro-active not reactive today...

eagerly anticipating team news......COYS its time to shine.

Regardless of who, where and when we play we should pick the team that has the highest possible chance of giving us the maximum number of points.

It's not like I'm saying that we should play Naughton as a left winger because he's better defensively. It's a discussion between two good attacking players that both offer something valuable going forward. What they offer defensively surely comes into play, it's the overall contribution of a player that's important. Saying that the defensive contribution of a wide attacking player isn't important is to me similar to saying that the attacking contributions of a fullback isn't important.

As for not taking a cautious approach I think that as the basis for an attacking approach you must have a team that functions defensively too. Our high pressing is an important part of an attacking approach for example.

and Chadli offering physical presence shouldn't really matter when playing a pool team that will probably field a team full of technically gifted midgets. We hardly ever look threatening when attacking set pieces so his physical presence will only be beneficial when defending set pieces....which i said becomes null and void when playing against shrimps (SHOULD become null and void i should say).

It's not just about set pieces. Liverpool as a team are capable of pressing teams high up the pitch. Having someone in the attacking third can be very helpful when forced into playing long balls. This can help us as a team to play better football.

I'm hoping to see this team:

Lloris
Walker
Capoue
Chiriches
Rose
Sandro
Paulinho
Holtby
Lennon
Lamela
Soldado

I don't expect that to be the team at all but I think it could do well. Without vertonghen we need someone to get things going from the back, and that doesn't mean 60 crossfield passes so Dawson drops out if Vlad is fit and ready. Likewise I think dembele could slow things down and invite Liverpool to press, so Holtby has to start imo. Lamela is a tough one, but I reckon he could have some joy against their back line, and he's started taking on more responsibility (even if it doesn't always come off). COYS!!!

Sent from my ST26i using Fapatalk

Except for that set piece goal we scored from a Chadli knockdown?

Do you know what the word 'Hardly' means? do you dispute that we rarely look threatening when attacking set pieces (especially corners)?

We rarely play Chadli. I suspect the two issues are heavily linked (especially when you consider that the combined height of Soldado, Lennon and Townsend is about 5 ft.

you haven't answered the question but it's ok.

In response to the question we don't often look threatening. I also don't care very much about looking threatening from set pieces, but given the choice of Townsend who, so far, has offered next to nothing and Chadli who, so far, has offered next to nothing plus an aerial threat and better defensive awareness, Chadli is the obvious option.

agree...with this.

bottom line we need to be pro-active not reactive today...

eagerly anticipating team news......COYS its time to shine.

Would you have said the same about Ferguson picking Park ahead of more creative attacking players at United when they were at home to good teams?

In response to the question we don't often look threatening. I also don't care very much about looking threatening from set pieces, but given the choice of Townsend who, so far, has offered next to nothing and Chadli who, so far, has offered next to nothing plus an aerial threat and better defensive awareness, Chadli is the obvious option.

Townsend has offered next to nothing :ross:

Back