1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by AberYid, 12 Dec 2013.

1. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I think the team will be:

----------lloris
    walker--dawson--vlad--rose
    ------sandro--dembele
    --lennon---paulinho---chadli
    ----------defoe

and I think that team will win the game.

2. Jordinho

Jordinho John Cameron Staff Member

With England skipper Steven Gerrard injured and vice-captain Daniel Agger a doubt due to illness, the controversial striker is being seriously considered to lead the side.

Suarez (below) would seem to be an unlikely choice with his chequered history.

His brilliant displays have been marred by some appalling behaviour on and off the pitch.

Ready When asked if Suarez could rise to the challenge, boss Brendan Rodgers replied: "Yes - absolutely. He is 150 per cent ready.

"Just look at my team at White Hart Lane and you will see what the final decision is."

Meanwhile, Rodgers is confident Liverpool can mount a serious title challenge. Tomorrow's game is the first of three tough trips before the end of December, with Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea to come.

He said: "We will be at the halfway point after those games and in the second half of the season we have a lot of big games to play at home.

"We're comfortable at home. The idea is to get to the halfway point and be in contention.

"We know the difficulty of the games, but this is a team that works really hard."

Despite Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge both missing, Rodgers insists his squad is strong enough.

He said: "We have a lot of talented players still available and we have to come to the fore as a team and show that we can be the best.

"We have three tough away games coming, but you can look at it the other way. It could be a great moment for us.

"We will go to Spurs and be competitive. That's all we can ask. It has been difficult for them at home at times this season."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/355800/Luis-Suarez-to-captain-Liverpool

3. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

Swap Townsend for Chadli and Soldado for defoe and I agree. (BTW I am a Defoe fan)

4. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

I think that he'll start with Chadli and Soldado

5. Jordinho

I didn't think of it as making comparisons, rather a retort to one particular poster who's always making thinly veiled digs at AVB. If it's a style issue, just say so. It's highly subjective, but at least it's a reason. Results wise AVB is the best manager we've had in decades.

6. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I wouldn't mind either of those changes, but I reckon AVB will play Chadli and Defoe. Although he did sub Soldado in the Europa, maybe to save his legs for this game?

If Townsend is on the bench, hopefully he'll make a big impact late in the game (on the left too).

7. Jordinho

If Townsend had carried on in the second half as he played in the first, then maybe, but the fact that Chadli didn't come on at all tells me he's starting.

8. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

That is my guess too.

9. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

With arguably the best squad ergo it was to be expected that he would achieve the best results ;).

10. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

I think that it is difficult to argue that he has a better team than Redknapp had in 2010/11 or 2011/12 yet

11. Stenno

Stenno Banned

We will win this, Soldado will score at least once.

12. spasm

spasm Gudni Bergsson

must whinge!!!

13. spasm

spasm Gudni Bergsson

#-o must win!!!

14. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Kasey Keller

That team with Soldado for Defoe.

I saw another post the other day saying it will be interesting seeing Chadli when Rose is behind him and I agree.

I'm looking forward to this.

COYS!

15. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Chadli and Rose were great in the opening games in my opinion, really thought they formed a good understanding early on. I wouldn't mind seeing that again at all.

16. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Paul Walsh

With Walker and Lennon finally dovetailing reasonably well on the right, we could finally have a working set-up on the wings! \o/

17. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Agreed.

Does anyone think it might be a bit too much of Danny Rose though? I mean he has been out since when Norwich at home!? Which was like Eriksens debut, that must have been back in September, it's a long time out. He's played 45 minutes of football since then, at home to Anzhi midweek.

18. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Kasey Keller

If he's over his injury fully then the only negative could be fitness so then it becomes a choice of playing someone you know will need substituting after 60 or so mins. To have him full out for 60 mins at the cost of a sub somewhere else on the field would definitely still be worth it imo.

19. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

I think we'll win 3-1…if Soldado starts I think he'll grab a brace…this would be my team.

Lloris

Walker
    Dawson
    Chiriches
    Rose

Sando
    Dembele

Lennon
    Paulinho
    Townsend

Soldado

subs: Friedel Sig, Holtby, Lamela, Defoe, Capoue, Eriksen

I agree Chadli will likely start, but it'd be nice to have Lennon and Townsend both going at them early-doors and roaring, with Chadli on later. You could flip it the other way BUT for the sake of setting tempo, I'd like to fly at them hammer and tongs.

Given the dippers injuries, and our near-full strength, I cannot see us losing or drawing, I can only see a win!

20. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Welcome back Steff - hope you didn't get frostbite!

That would be my team too - except maybe Holtby for Paulie. I would also hope we would go at them from the start. Scoring an early goal would be invaluable IMO. I still don't like the cagey starts that BoL and others argue is AVB's tactical game plan. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

COYS.