• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

Our EPL home games this season
SWANSEA 1-0 W
NORWICH 2-0 W
CHELSEA 1-1 D
WEST HAM 0-3 L
HULL 1-0 W
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-1 L
MAN UTD 2-2 D

Great result last night but only 1 win in our last 5 in the EPL. No safety first team, please-if we don't win this game we can kiss goodbye to ECL next term.

Have to agree...that makes for uncomfortable reading considering we huffed & puffed vs Hull...... this game is huge.... a win & a peformance at whl is very much needed.

Just been to the dark side, feeling dirty. :-&

4-1, Soldado hat trick. That's all his goals scored for another 5 weeks then.

Have a bad feeling were gonna get bummed Sunday.

By Spurs? haha behave, they are ****e.

What does that make us then?

If they beat us on the weekend, we're on same points as them. Keep in mind they've been in a "crisis" and there's been calls for Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas to get sacked despite having 9 new first team players. Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas is actually building a system this time, and not building his team around one player (so you can understand why he's dropped points. It was just like us in the first 6 months of Rodgers' reign).

Oh, and they've already played Chelsea, United, Arsenal, City and Everton. They should have easy games coming up. They'll definitely be up there fighting for a top 4 spot by the end of the season.

Spurs have beat the bottom two teams in England and the bottom team in Russia. No need to get the razor blades out just yet. Luis should have fun against their back line

Yeah, and the bottom team in Russia could have scored two or three today. Suarez would have put those away in his sleep. Good to see Spurs giving up that many chances, I reckon defensively they're just as vulnerable as us.

Spurs reminds me of how we were playing under Kenny at times.

I also noticed that similarity.

But they are changing. It's easy to look at how a side have been over ten games and then assume that they'll continue, "Spurs do this", "They won't do that", he's under a lot of pressure and he has already (presumably reluctantly against his stubborn vision) made changes since the Emirates Marketing Project game and will continue to try new things I'd imagine until he gets his moneys worth from those signings. Otherwise he's gone.

He's only beaten the 2 worst teams in the league, after going a goal down in each though. Scappy wins at that, if our defense turn up for once we should be able to ride it out

Take the game to them but more importantly, take our chances and we'll get something out of this.

We are above them in the league for a reason.
And they have been spawny (even at home).
They've got a few key absentees of their own (Eriksen, Vertonghen), and Bale is gone.
They play a high line. We have the potential to exploit that with Sterling.
We can pack midfield, put our foot on the ball with the likes of Allen, Lucas, Coutinho, Alberto, etc. and play on the break if needed.

We will either win or draw.
I can't see us losing.

C'mon the Reds!

White Hart Lane has become our bogey ground of late. We don't even seem to compete there. While I wouldn't automatically accept a draw it would certainly be an improvement. However, they're a funny team this year. They have scratched around for resuls but managed to get them. With the football we've played and the goals we have scored I cannot believe they are so close to us in the league.

Agreed. Although they've done what good teams do. Pick up points while playing poorly. We should nail them on Saturday.

Hopefully we smash the c*nts if only to shut up the "big game failures" whiners though they'll be at it as soon as we drop points again in one so maybe not.

We owe these one. At least three times in the last 5-6 season we've gone down there, played them off the park and come away with nothing. 2008/9 and 2010/11 were two of the most one sided games I've ever seen.

Spurs aren't so great. They can hold the middle well and move the ball around but they fizzle out when it comes time to put the ball away.

I really hope we'll smash these ****. Can't stand them and their fans. I hope hendo will be fit enough to start we need him badly, if not I'm sure Alberto will be decent replacement.

I dont know why but i detest the smarmy c*nts as well. Cant quite put my finger on why though. c*nts.

I have a lot of issues with anyone stating that Sandro is better than Lucas.

Seriously folks, it doesn't take a "Lucas fanboy" to see that it's not the case. At most, it's a 'tie' between them, given that Lucas is better than Sandro at some aspects of DM/CM play while Sandro is better than Lucas at some others.

Funnily enough, I think Spurs would be better with Lucas instead of Sandro, and we'd be better with Sandro instead of Lucas. Massive caveat that I've never watched Sandro all that closely.

Rumoured lineup: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, Flanagan, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez

And what, pray, is wrong with having AVB as Tottenham's manager?

P0376_zpsbfe072bd.png

Too small a sample yet to compare him to previous managers. Revisit at the end of the season.

Bah, even Spurs fans can see it's a toss up between Sandro and Lucas as to who is better. Both have their merits

Liverpool fans are correct in saying when we have won against them in recent years it has been lucky-ish. But the loss last term at their place was bizarre. We bossed that game.

Can't remember the home game last year but our home form this year has been f@:cking sh@t. Suarez has not really caused us any problems in the past that I can remember.

We should win this game easy if AVB picks the right team.

Liverpool fans are correct in saying when we have won against them in recent years it has been lucky-ish. But the loss last term at their place was bizarre. We bossed that game.

Can't remember the home game last year but our home form this year has been f@:cking sh@t. Suarez has not really caused us any problems in the past that I can remember.

We should win this game easy if AVB picks the right team.

Except when we pulled their pants down 4-0. Oh wait, we only won that game because the ref despite the fact that we were ****ing all over them BEFORE the first red card.

Except when we pulled their pants down 4-0. Oh wait, we only won that game because the ref despite the fact that we were ****ing all over them BEFORE the first red card.

Funny you bringing that game up. Seemed like every Liverpool player was trying to break Gareth's leg.

Last edited:
Bah, even Spurs fans can see it's a toss up between Sandro and Lucas as to who is better. Both have their merits

a toss up? I think Sandro ****es all over him in my opinion. Lucas is a good solid dependable defensive midfielder. But he's no Sandro.

Why do they tend to use AVB's full name?

That my friend is the famous Scouse wit*.

*Despite the fact that half of them will be middle aged men from the home counties, who only started supporting Liverpool because they were the most successful team in thge 80s, the glory hunting plastics.

Yes, I disagree with it being a toss up between Sandro and Lucas. Maybe two years ago, when both were equally fantastic, albeit different in their style of play, but Lucas missed a year's worth of football and it's showing IMO, whereas Sandro has recovered well from his 5 month lay off and is still bossing games (United's midfielders couldn't get near him the other week).

That rumoured line-up of theirs is interesting. It looks designed to sit back and hit us hard on the counter attack with Henderson, Coutinho and Suarez. While generally I think the best way to play us is to do that due to our pressing game, I must say if I were Liverpool manager then I'd just attack us with Suarez in his form.

Back