• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

This is the real test - cant get too excited over a win last night in a dead rubber against woefully poor opposition. This is the real test to see how much, if any, progress is being made. Soldado has to start, simple as that, and the level of peformance, as a team, has to greatly improve if we are to get anything out of this game. My heart says we will pull something out of the bag and win 3-1. My head reminds me that AVB is still our manager.

This is the real test - cant get too excited over a win last night in a dead rubber against woefully poor opposition. This is the real test to see how much, if any, progress is being made. Soldado has to start, simple as that, and the level of peformance, as a team, has to greatly improve if we are to get anything out of this game. My heart says we will pull something out of the bag and win 3-1. My head reminds me that AVB is still our manager.

And what, pray, is wrong with having AVB as Tottenham's manager?

P0376_zpsbfe072bd.png

And what, pray, is wrong with having AVB as Tottenham's manager?

P0376_zpsbfe072bd.png

This doesn't prove much at all.

Redknapp took over a team low on morale, in bottom spot, and also his percentage is affected by the fact his team played top sides in the Champions League.

AVB took over a team that had finished 4th the season before, yes he had to sell a couple of players but received funds to replace them and did so, and his percentage is hugely swung in his favour by Europa League games against diddly opposition.

Paul Merson's Prediction: Tottenham v Liverpool (3.30pm, Sunday, Sky Sports 1)

Spurs have had a few issues with their strikers but Roberto Soldado scored a hat-trick in the Europa League this week and that will give him a bit of confidence. I don't think he's a bad player, I just think he's taken time to settle in.

This is a huge game. Tottenham had a great result against Sunderland last weekend winning 2-1 after going one down - I thought that was a big result.

Liverpool haven't got Steven Gerrard or Daniel Sturridge available and I just don't know who is going to give Suarez the ball.

I like Philippe Coutinho but if those two are playing up the pitch I just can't see who is going to be able to give them ball through the defensive midfield and I think Tottenham are going to win this.

PAUL PREDICTS: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool

This doesn't prove much at all.

Redknapp took over a team low on morale, in bottom spot, and also his percentage is affected by the fact his team played top sides in the Champions League.

AVB took over a team that had finished 4th the season before, yes he had to sell a couple of players but received funds to replace them and did so, and his percentage is hugely swung in his favour by Europa League games against diddly opposition.

But the Table just shows Premier League matches.

This is our biggest game of the season so far. We will be playing an in-form team with arguably the best player in the Prem in red hot form for them, at home, in front of the Sky cameras. This is a big opportunity for us to prove that our bad run was only a blip and that recent wins against Fulham and Sunderland were no flukes.

It will be tough, but given their injury list and our having the likes of Eriksen and Rose back in contention, as well as home advantage, I think we can do it.

I think AVB will go with: Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose; Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele; Lennon, Soldado, Chadli. I'd be inclined to start Townsend instead of Chadli to get at their right-back. Three in the middle is the way to go against these though.

We will have to be wary of not only Suarez but also that Coutinho chap. Sandro has mentioned his threat so I expect our Brazilian will be do his utmost to stop Coutinho from having a major effect. Would be lying if I said Suarez against Dawson doesn't worry me.

2-1 or 2-2. Hopefully a great atmosphere at the Lane.

COYS

This is my preferred team:

Lloris

Walker
Capoue
Chiriches
Rose

Lennon
Sandro
Dembele
Townsend

Holtby

Soldado

This is what I feel AVB may go with;

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Chiriches (if unfit, Capoue)
Rose

Lennon
Sandro
Dembele
Chadli

Paulinho

Soldado

Not too much difference. No offence to Daws in my preferred team, I'm a fan. I just feel Capoue has the 'stay on his feet and swipe the ball from Bitey Mc****erson' element to his game which would be advantageous. Could all be irrelevant if Chiriches is still out as they would both play I assume. Any news on Kaboul?

Holtby is really coming in to his own in the past few games. Whilst still not the finished article, i think he should be given the nod ahead of Paulie for this one. That was a tough choice for my team though, as Paulie is reliable and dependable.

AVB seems to prefer Chadli in the league, if fit, on the left. After Townsend's showing last night I believe he should be given the nod though. And with that in mind, both Lennon and Andros providing crosses for Bobby in the middle could be devastating! Bobby gets the nod over Jermain for that reason, give him the opportunity to get some service from either flank and with Holtby providing service through the middle.

Rest of the side picks itself.

Coming off the bench if my AVB team is proved correct, a choice of;

Lamela
Townsend
Siggy
Defoe
Erikson
Fredricks??

Not too shabby, not to shabby at all!!

Spurs 0 - 4 Liverpool

Dreadful OMT

Game of big calls this one - if AVB gets it right we win if not more wood on the fire of the haters:

Holtby or Pauli- tough call as Lewis is slowly coming to goal scoring form where Pauli has struggled,

ChAdli or andros on the left? Andros looked good first half but as the night wore on you could see he was getting more frustrated with himself. Chadli offers an aerial threat no one else offers.

Bobby or jd? Bobby looked sharper yesterday albeit against Anji. Jd missed a golden opp last weekend but is getting in the right areas

Difficult choices to make for AVB

Game of big calls this one - if AVB gets it right we win if not more wood on the fire of the haters:

Holtby or Pauli- tough call as Lewis is slowly coming to goal scoring form where Pauli has struggled,

ChAdli or andros on the left? Andros looked good first half but as the night wore on you could see he was getting more frustrated with himself. Chadli offers an aerial threat no one else offers.

Bobby or jd? Bobby looked sharper yesterday albeit against Anji. Jd missed a golden opp last weekend but is getting in the right areas

Difficult choices to make for AVB

I'm pretty sure Paulinho scored in our last league game. :-k

Our EPL home games this season
SWANSEA 1-0 W
NORWICH 2-0 W
CHELSEA 1-1 D
WEST HAM 0-3 L
HULL 1-0 W
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-1 L
MAN UTD 2-2 D

Great result last night but only 1 win in our last 5 in the EPL. No safety first team, please-if we don't win this game we can kiss goodbye to ECL next term.

AVB's teams are hard to predict but I'll give it a go anyway:

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Naughton; Sandro, Dembele; Lennon, Paulinho, Chadli; Soldado

Our EPL home games this season
SWANSEA 1-0 W
NORWICH 2-0 W
CHELSEA 1-1 D
WEST HAM 0-3 L
HULL 1-0 W
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-1 L
MAN UTD 2-2 D

Great result last night but only 1 win in our last 5 in the EPL. No safety first team, please-if we don't win this game we can kiss goodbye to ECL next term.

Must win?

Stats Stats Stats - they are the best friend of every AVB fan. I'll leave it at that.

understand you have reservations about our manager.....dont have an issue with that....would like to read your views on the avb thread...

but cant we keep this thread about the game on sunday???? if your heart tells you 3-1 to spurs shaney then listen to it fella......as discussed I also think we will win 3-1.

Back