• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair enough, I partially disagree. I think when you factor in Oliver and the pens/booking...
if Oliver actually gave free-kicks for those fouls, they might have been forced to check their game.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The way Llorente was assaulted by Evans and Maguire was an absolute tinkle-take. Just because he's a big, strong striker doesn't mean defenders have carte blanche to kick and rugby tackle the brick out of him.

Oliver was shocking, the worst I've seen in a long while. It's occasions like this I wish Poch would call it out and try get us protected. I know he had a dig at Son's booking, but he could have really let fly in general. I know that probably goes against his character though.

Good to continue our winning run but it was not really a convincing performance. We rode our luck for this win as Leicester had many chances to score. This could have easily ended up 4-3 or 5-4 win for Leicester. Leicester had 9 shots on target while we only had 5 shots on target. Fortunately for us, we scored from almost all our chances while Leicester wasted almost all theirs. We have to thank Lloris for saving the penalty and many other shots. This match shows we can still score goals without Kane but we need to improve our defending if we want to win against much stronger teams.

Credit to Sanchez, Eriksen and Son for the goals and Eriksen, Llorente and Sissoko for the assists. All the 3 goals were scored at crucial time for us. Sanchez's goal helped us settle our nerves while Eriksen's goal was the match winner even if we needed the magical third goal by Son to kill the game off. Good to see Eriksen inspiring us after his recent poor form. It was a inch perfect cross by Eriksen for our first goal while it was a brilliant long range goal for our second goal. Eriksen has now scored 20 long range goals from outside the penalty area for us, more than any other player in the league since he joined us. It is puzzling why he has not scored direct from freekicks for more than 3 years now. Llorente had a poor match but at least he assisted the goal for Eriksen. Son had a quiet match but he scored just when it mattered most, running half the field to score.

Our midfield had a poor match. Skipp, Winks and Sissoko let Leicester dominate the match too much. I think Wanyama should have started instead of Skipp. Maybe Wanyama is still not fully fit as he looked rusty when he came on in the second half. Credit to Sissoko for assisting the goal for Son with inch perfect pass. But I think Sissoko needs to concentrate more on defending than attacking.

Our defence had a mixed match. Lloris was easily our best player as he stopped Leicester almost single handedly with brilliant saves. it was great to see Lloris saving the penalty. He also pulled many other important saves. Well done to Sanchez scoring his first ever goal for us but wish he would concentrate more on his defending. Still not convinced of Sanchez as our defence always look error-prone whenever he is starting. Not sure why Alderweireld didn't start but he made many mistakes when he came on in the second half. Alderweireld and Sanchez were too slow to react for their goal. Annoyingly, we didn't get any favour from the ref. It was a soft penalty as the Leicester player was hardly touched by Vertonghen.

It is great to get our fourth consecutive league win without Kane and Alli. Too bad that Liverpool and ManCity won as well. Despite the win, we need to improve our defending when we face much stronger teams, especially when we play Liverpool and ManCity away. Let's hope this win will boost our confidence when we play Dortmund in the CL next.

The way Llorente was assaulted by Evans and Maguire was an absolute tinkle-take. Just because he's a big, strong striker doesn't mean defenders have carte blanche to kick and rugby tackle the brick out of him.

Oliver was shocking, the worst I've seen in a long while. It's occasions like this I wish Poch would call it out and try get us protected. I know he had a dig at Son's booking, but he could have really let fly in general. I know that probably goes against his character though.

He did call out Oliver and said he cost us vs Pool

I’m a bit lost at some of the comments on here.... their poor finishing was down to luck and not the fact their not actually very good players?

I’d understand if it was a high class striker missing as he would have a record of scoring too but the players who missed for them yesterday are the same players who missed chances vs pool the other week. The reason they played for Leicester is that they don’t finish those chances as their not good enough.

Hugo was tested for the penalty and the save from Barnes. Every other save was as routine as it gets for a decent keeper. Schmeichel made a very good save from rose frost half and picked the ball out 3 times. That’s not luck IMO

I’m a bit lost at some of the comments on here.... their poor finishing was down to luck and not the fact their not actually very good players?

I’d understand if it was a high class striker missing as he would have a record of scoring too but the players who missed for them yesterday are the same players who missed chances vs pool the other week. The reason they played for Leicester is that they don’t finish those chances as their not good enough.

Hugo was tested for the penalty and the save from Barnes. Every other save was as routine as it gets for a decent keeper. Schmeichel made a very good save from rose frost half and picked the ball out 3 times. That’s not luck IMO
Yep. Precisely the same reason we have a 100% record against every team below 8th in the table.

It's called class.

I acknowledged that mate.. Think he could have criticised the entire performance rather than that one decision is all. Nit picking I know.

It’s tricky though and I think calling out the penalty was a good one. It wasnt like we were kicked all over the park, just that Oliver was incredibly fussy and got a lot of simple calls wrong from our perspective

It seems a lot of other teams forums are calling us jammy, lucky, average and that players like Son are too good for us.

I do find it funny that fans forget a game is 90 mins plus long and just because a team scores late goals does that make them jammy? No, you fudging donuts it just means we don't give up and play to the fudging full 94 mins or whatever injury time is given.

Also, did Leicester fans actually watch the first half? Oliver gave us literally nothing and booked three players when they weren't even bookings. The ironic cheers when he finally gave us a free kick usually is a sign of how bad a referee is performing.

Fair point.

It’s giving up chances against such teams that annoys me, even muppets like Barnes and vardy will find the net one day, why give the opposition the opportunity to get something, just ruthlessly dispatch them.

It won’t matter how many iffy decisions the ref makes if we do our own job correctly.

Fair point.

It’s giving up chances against such teams that annoys me, even muppets like Barnes and vardy will find the net one day, why give the opposition the opportunity to get something, just ruthlessly dispatch them.

It won’t matter how many iffy decisions the ref makes if we do our own job correctly.

Because we don’t play with that defensive platform

It’s also highly unusual for a team to actually attack us, although I did read we have conceded a high number of shots against considering our league position

Fair point.

I quite like the look of Barnes, I think he will become a decent player.

Not the point you are making... but still.

But he also said that’s how he is instructed to play didn’t he?

He did when asked , but he also showed how Trippier made poor decisions as to where he should be on a number of occasions. As Jenas said, it’s about having the nous to make the decision of when to go and when to sit. Poch can’t do that for him.

It seems a lot of other teams forums are calling us jammy, lucky, average and that players like Son are too good for us.

I do find it funny that fans forget a game is 90 mins plus long and just because a team scores late goals does that make them jammy? No, you fudging donuts it just means we don't give up and play to the fudging full 94 mins or whatever injury time is given.

Also, did Leicester fans actually watch the first half? Oliver gave us literally nothing and booked three players when they weren't even bookings. The ironic cheers when he finally gave us a free kick usually is a sign of how bad a referee is performing.

Utd we’re lucky for a decade. I’ll take it. :D

Winks MoM for me but boy was it a tough call. We normally has one or two clear favs, but there were several today. And that's from a game we were, let's face it, far from convincing. If LCFC had an ounce of their shooting boots on we'd have struggled.

Also, no option for Eriksen as MoM??

Back