• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent***

Lemonade Money

Steffen Freund
Spursday 16th February 2017
Ghelamco Arena

Europa League Round of 32, Game 1
13:00 EST
18:00 GMT
22:00 GST
05:00 AEDT (Friday)
BT Sport 3 / BT Sport 3 HD

Results of each team's last 5 matches across all leagues and competitions

KAA Gent last 5 matches (most recent first):
11/02/17 (h)Eupen 1-0 L
05/02/17 (a)Zulte Waregem 1-1 D
29/01/17 (h)Club Brugge 2-0 W
25/01/17 (a)Lokeren 0-0 D
20/01/17 (h)Charleroi 1-0 W
Tottenham Hotspur last 5 matches (most recent first):
11/02/17 (a)Liverpool 2-0 L
04/02/17 (h)Middlesbrough 1-0 W
31/01/17 (a)Sunderland 0-0 D
28/01/17 (h)Wycombe Wanderers 4-3 W
21/01/17 (a)Emirates Marketing Project 2-2 D

e536c6a1b2647f297f281fa32b92eb3a.jpg

Previous meetings
• The clubs are meeting for the first time.

• In their only previous UEFA tie against English opponents, Gent lost 2-1 on aggregate to eventual winners West Ham United in the 1964/65 European Cup Winners' Cup preliminary round.

• Spurs have yet to win a game in Belgium. Their eight matches against Belgian sides have ended W3 D3 L2 (W3 D1 L0 in London – W0 D2 L2 in Belgium).

Form guide
• Gent's record in ten European fixtures this season is W5 D3 L2 (W3 D1 L1 at home). Their only defeats were home and away against Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Europa League group stage.

• Spurs won only two of their UEFA Champions League group stage games this season, home and away against CSKA Moskva.

• Gent made it to the UEFA Champions League round of 16 last season, losing to Wolfsburg. Their best UEFA Cup or UEFA Europa League campaign came in 1991/92, when they were eliminated by Ajax in the quarter-finals. They have yet to win a springtime UEFA game in four attempts (D1 L3).

• European Cup Winners' Cup winners in 1963, and UEFA Cup winners in 1972 and 1984, Spurs reached last season's UEFA Europa League round of 16, where they were beaten by Borussia Dortmund.

Lloris
Dier...Alderweireld...Wimmer
Walker...Wanyama...Dembele...Davis
Dele...Eriksen
Kane​

Time to figure out our preferred plan B until Vertonghen and Rose return.

They're currently 8th in the Belgian league. Just lost a home game to the 13th placed team. We should obviously beat them - but I guess it depends on whether we show up or not.

I think we need a bit of rotation, a lot of games coming up. Not too much though. I also think we should go back to 343 and play it until the end of the season:

--------------lloris
-------dier---toby---wimmer
trippier----wanyama---winks----davies
----------sissoko----eriksen
---------------son

please send the young ones and those who need some exercise.
and lets try sitting deep and hitting them on the break.

Vorm
Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Dier Dembele
Sissoko Alli Eriksen
Kane

v Fulham

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Dier Davies
Sissoko Wanyama Winks NKoudou
Son Janssen

Sent out a strong team. Finish the tie against these racists (look at their badge!) in the first leg and play a nothing them in the game before our next league game.

Lloris
Winks Dier Dembele
Eriksen Alli
Kane

Vorm
Dier Dembele
Sissoko Alli Eriksen
Kane

v Fulham

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Dier Davies
Sissoko Wanyama Winks NKoudou
Son Janssen

Has Dier had a break this season? He seems to be ever present - just in different positions. I think he looks absolutely shagged out. I would certainly rest him for both these games and see if we can get him back to last season's form. I would have Winks in for him in the first game and leave Wimmer at CB for the Fulham game, to see if we can play him into some form and thereby be a contender when we go three at the back (which I still favour when everyone is fit).

Otherwise, not a bad shout.

Back