• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent - 2nd Leg***

I'd like to see 3 at the back but for that, I think we'd need to use Wimmer so that we can rest Wanyama for Stoke and play Dier in midfield. I don't think Poch will use Wimmer unless he's forced to, he seems to be out of favour. So, in that case, I'd go:

-------------lloris
trippier----toby-----vert----davies
---------dier-----winks
---eriksen-----dele------son
-------------kane

then go back to 343 after that, with Rose hopefully back soon. For Stoke:

---------------lloris
--------dier----toby----vert
walker----wanyama---dembele---davies
----------eriksen-----dele
---------------kane

I'm similar. Main difference is that I wouldn't try Verts three games in a week after a lay-off -

Gent:

-------------lloris
trippier----alder-----vert----davies
---------dier-----winks
---son-----alli------eriksen
-------------kane

Stoke:

---------------lloris
--------dier----alder----wimmer
walker----wanyama---dembele---davies
----------alli--------eriksen
---------------kane

It's not ideal, but if Poch doesn't want to use Wimmer I think that's what will happen.

Why wouldn't Poch want to use Wimmer? One iffy game after 20 good ones doesn't cause a problem. Wimmer's just suffered from the priority of giving Dier game time in light of Wanyama's arrival.

In some ways Wimmer's superior aerial qualities compared to Verts might be a good thing against a team like Stoke

Random question - but all the bars going to be open round the ground? Want to have a few pints before hand - I remember for champions league the off licenses had to stop selling beer.

bars will be open and failing that the off licences can be persuaded with a couple of extra quid ;)

Why wouldn't Poch want to use Wimmer? One iffy game after 20 good ones doesn't cause a problem. Wimmer's just suffered from the priority of giving Dier game time in light of Wanyama's arrival.

In some ways Wimmer's superior aerial qualities compared to Verts might be a good thing against a team like Stoke

I have no idea, but we haven't seen him since Emirates Marketing Project and Wycombe iirc, preferring to play Toby on the 'wrong' side in a back 4. Hopefully it's just coincidence because I think Wimmer is a decent player.

Random question - but all the bars going to be open round the ground? Want to have a few pints before hand - I remember for champions league the off licenses had to stop selling beer.
The IBIS hotel bar was packed before the last game I went to and I'm sure that the restaurant bars in the Outlet were not under curfew before the last CL match.

One iffy game?
Which one is that?
The disaster in Monaco? The own goal game against Arsenal? The horrible game he played at left back losing against Chelsea? Subbed off at half time against city? Subbed off after 60 minutes after being brick against league 2 Wycombe? The time he looked out of his depth against Liverpool reserves?

He has had 3 decent games all season Gillingham, Villa and Watford.

He was great last season but he was been given chance after chance this season and done poorly.

The game at the weekend is the concern. Play the full strength team and we should win but will we be tired against Stoke? We don't have a game for a week after the Sunday game, so with some early subs in each game ideally, I think Poch should be fine fielding our strongest 11 in both matches. Maybe Winks and Trippier could rotate as they've both been first team standard recently.

Sissoko and Janssen can hopefully come on and show something. Have some sympathy for both. Neither is a confident player. Both need regular games and to feel like they belong. They know how we fans feel, they are questioning themselves just as we are questioning them. Poch somehow has to get their belief up, get them psyched, as both can contribute.

Last edited:
Cannot say I'm especially looking forward to Wembley Thursday night, especially if things don't go our way early on.

Going by our previous games there this season I question our ability to create the necessary atmosphere, partly because to us it's 'only' the Europa, not the CL, and partly because Wembley just does not feel like home.

I think this is a big problem for our fans. Up to now Wembley has felt like it's neither our own gaffe nor is it enemy territory, but something strange and unfamiliar in between. There's no escaping the sense we don't quite know what to make of it all. It's like we feel reluctant to own it, to take it unto ourselves, as if in some way we have no right to do so.

Whereas Gent will have no such problems. To them it'll quite simply be the magic of Wembley and every bit their cup final. We can expect them to play like men possessed and doubtless their small contingent will make twice as much noise at times, especially if things don't go our way.

Of course I hope I'm proved wrong but I fear it's going to take some little while yet before we really begin to feel 'at home' at Wembley.

Last edited:
Cannot say I'm especially looking forward to Wembley Thursday night, especially if things don't go our way early on.

Going by our previous games there this season I question our ability to create the necessary atmosphere, partly because to us it's 'only' the Europa, not the CL, and partly because Wembley just does not feel like home.

I think this is a big problem for our fans. Up to now Wembley has felt like it's neither our own gaffe nor is it enemy territory, but something strange and unfamiliar in between. There's no escaping the sense we don't quite know what to make of it all. It's like we feel reluctant to own it, to take it unto ourselves, as if in some way we have no right to do so.

Whereas Gent will have no such problems. To them it'll quite simply be the magic of Wembley and every bit their cup final. We can expect them to play like men possessed and doubtless their small contingent will make twice as much noise at times, especially if things don't go our way.

Of course I hope I'm proved wrong but I fear it's going to take some little while yet before we really begin to feel 'at home' at Wembley.

The atmophere for the dead rubber CSKA game was good. Better than the Monaco and BL ones actually.

We'll need lots and lots of pace, I feel. Get the game stretched, make spaces and then advance into them. Physicality isn't as important - pace is, because a few good early attacks caused by driving at the gaps in the Gent defense should get our crowd up for it.

Although Poch seems to be firmly of the opinion that N'koudou has some form of hypercontagious Weil's disease, I think he'd help us against Gent - ditto Winks, who can get the ball to the onrushing wingers/full-backs quickly and accurately.

--------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------

---------------Toby--------Jan-----------Davies--------------------

Trippier----------Dier----------------Winks------------N'Koudou

-------------------------Son--------Eriksen-------------------------

-------------------------------Kane-----------------------------------

I am severely worried about this next season, we could have a massive problem esp with how good our home form has been this season at WHL.

For those that might not be aware...the Green Man pub in Wembley which is usually used for Spurs fans will now be for Ghent..

I want to see the strongest team possible from the start... Try and get the game won and then take key players off...

Physically, they can play three games a week easily however mentally to bring our top players on after an hour trying to chase the game will waste a lot of mental energy and if we go out they then have the problem of getting psyched up for sunday.

If we win tomorrow and go through I believe we will win on sunday ..

Should be a good night and COYS.

Back