• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent - 2nd Leg***

On the subject of pitch size, does anyone know the difference in width between WHL and Wembley? I read somewhere that some of our training pitches had been marked out to the size of Wembley. With Walker and Rose surely having more space means more room to cause fullbacks problems. Can't figure out why it has become such a problem.

For me, Poch needs to be brave and start once again with Winks in deep mid.

I think we will turn them over personally. I see a 3-1.

Don't know if it's been asked before, but why don't we just paint the lines smaller?
I don't think anybody has mentioned it but I like the idea.
We can have the same dimensions as WHL. At least for this campaign then change to normal Wembley size for next year after practising whole summer on that size.
Could even have the Wembley pitch next year to be the size of the new WHL Stadium pitch?

On the subject of pitch size, does anyone know the difference in width between WHL and Wembley? I read somewhere that some of our training pitches had been marked out to the size of Wembley. With Walker and Rose surely having more space means more room to cause fullbacks problems. Can't figure out why it has become such a problem.
UEFA and the Premier League standardised pitch dimensions at 105 x 68 metres (7140 sq m) a few years ago; the only exceptions permitted are for clubs whose stadiums are too small to allow that size a playing surface.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...ium&Security/01/48/48/85/1484885_DOWNLOAD.pdf
https://www.premierleague.com/publications

Every team we've played in Europe this season has had a pitch that size and (according to the 2016/17 Handbook) the only Premier League clubs that currently fail to meet the standard are:

Stamford Bridge - 103 x 67.5 metres (6952.6 sq m)
Anfield - 101 x 68 metres (6868 sq m)
Selhurst Park - 101 x 68 metres (6868 sq m)
Goodison Park - 100.48 x 68 metres (6832.64 sq m)
White Hart Lane - 100 x 67 metres (6700 sq m)

Which means that (since Wet Spam left Upton Park) we now have the smallest pitch in the league.

I suppose the larger area that our players need to cover (an extra 440 square metres compared to WHL, which is almost the acreage of 2 penalty areas) in order to press opponents might partly explain why we've struggled in Europe this season.

Pochettino had better get our squad used to playing on the 105 x 68 metre pitches though, as that's what we'll be playing all our home games on from next season (at Wembley) and onwards...

CR7IW5BWwAAJIPg.jpg:large

I suppose the larger area that our players need to cover (an extra 440 square metres compared to WHL, which is almost the acreage of 2 penalty areas) in order to press opponents might partly explain why we've struggled in Europe this season.
It's more like 2/3 of a penalty area. 16,5m * 40,62m = 670m²

UEFA and the Premier League standardised pitch dimensions at 105 x 68 metres (7140 sq m) a few years ago; the only exceptions permitted are for clubs whose stadiums are too small to allow that size a playing surface.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...ium&Security/01/48/48/85/1484885_DOWNLOAD.pdf
https://www.premierleague.com/publications

Every team we've played in Europe this season has had a pitch that size and (according to the 2016/17 Handbook) the only Premier League clubs that currently fail to meet the standard are:

Stamford Bridge - 103 x 67.5 metres (6952.6 sq m)
Anfield - 101 x 68 metres (6868 sq m)
Selhurst Park - 101 x 68 metres (6868 sq m)
Goodison Park - 100.48 x 68 metres (6832.64 sq m)
White Hart Lane - 100 x 67 metres (6700 sq m)

Which means that (since Wet Spam left Upton Park) we now have the smallest pitch in the league.

Pochettino had better get our squad used to playing on the 105 x 68 metre pitches though, as that's what we'll be playing all our home games on from next season (at Wembley) and onwards...

CR7IW5BWwAAJIPg.jpg:large
When it comes to our press, I'd imagine the length of the pitch makes more of a difference.

More space to cover, more space in behind, etc.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

When it comes to our press, I'd imagine the length of the pitch makes more of a difference.

More space to cover, more space in behind, etc.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Indeed. Even for great athletes like Walker and Rose, having to run an extra 5 metres every time they do an overlapping run (then a further 5 metres if the move breaks down and they need to track back) must still be lung-busting.

I guess Pochettino is going to have to make pre-season training even more intense for them ahead of next season!

For me, Poch needs to be brave and start once again with Winks in deep mid.

I think we will turn them over personally. I see a 3-1.
Like the game v Dnipro a few years ago. Trailing 1-0 from the away leg we go down 1-0. Need 3 goals or we go out... and we did it!

Vertonghen was naughty the way he got that guy sent off.

Random question - but all the bars going to be open round the ground? Want to have a few pints before hand - I remember for champions league the off licenses had to stop selling beer.

Back