• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Jurgen the German's favourite team ***

We sneaked third on the last couple of games, they were concentrating on the CL, it’s not like we were miles ahead

They have a keeper that can catch now
VVD and Gomez seem an upgrade on CB options
Robertson has stepped up again
They have options off the bench and to rotate

Us and united seem to have gone backwards

They are already points up on last season and City down

They 'sneaked" fourth in the last game just ahead of the mighty Burnley.
Sorry CL doesn't hold up either, they got knocked out the domestic cups early so had easier fixtures list at some point.
I'm not saying they aren't better than us this season, or that they haven't improved but I don't see them as serious title challengers.
Other people do fine, but stop calling us deluded or mad because we disagree with opinions.

Not bothered about the pen tbh. Last year at Anfield we outplayed them for the entire second half and losing to a Salah wonder goal would've been hard to stomach.

Yesterday we were so poor, a penalty may have had people thinking we could carry on as we are.

They have a fantastic attack, now serious quality in midfield has been added to that and their only issue was their defence that has now severely tightened up. It’s not just the media talking them up, I’m yet to find anyone who doesn’t see Liverpool as City’s biggest rivals for the title. Other than for a select few on here of course who have some curiously weird fixation on not giving Liverpool credit....

I detest Liverpool but they’re serious challengers. VVD was imperious yesterday. Compared to last season, we never looked like seriously causing them trouble on the break. Him and Gomez looked very assured and I think even Lovren will look good alongside Van Dijk. They were solid in midfield and Keita makes a difference. He’ll get even better. The block when Eriksen got in behind was great defensive midfield play. The goalkeeper is also an awful lot better than the two jokers they hadn’t last season.

The danger for Liverpool is if they lose Allison or Van Dijk because they don’t have the depth to cover them. But I think they have enough defensively if they lose anyone else because Van Dijk is the lynchpin.

They have a lot in midfield and they had Henderson and Fabinho not playing. Henderson isn’t great but he’s a nice option to have as a backup.

Up top they are scary good. If they lost two of the three they’d struggle but I think they’d be okay losing one of them with Sturridge or Shaqiri to come in.

They’re serious challengers. The only side that will finish ahead of them is City and that’s not a certainty.

The galling thing is that we have been better than them for a long time and with 3-4 very astute signings, we’re now a long way behind them. And I’d argue that none of those signings were out of our price range (although you could argue that who they signed weren’t necessarily what we needed. But they spent and we didn’t and it shows).

Not bothered about the pen tbh. Last year at Anfield we outplayed them for the entire second half and losing to a Salah wonder goal would've been hard to stomach.

Yesterday we were so poor, a penalty may have had people thinking we could carry on as we are.

Agreed. Normally I’d be raging but I was almost happy to get out with just a 2-1 loss. It could have been half a dozen.

I’ll hold my judgement on Pool once they have played two games a week back to back and had one or two injuries

They are currently the only team that anyone thinks will get near City but city have so many more gears than anyone it’s scary. I also think pool crumble under pressure and we saw that yesterday with the last minute foul by Mane

I find it odd that no one is raising Chelsea as the main contenders against City considering the have done it before enough times, have players that didn’t play in the WC or mana6 minutes at least for most and will most likely play a reserve side in Europe

Have had a couple of nights to get over the match and I'm still absolutely fuming over the tinkle-poor performance and tactics. Was the abject performance a result of the crazy tactics? It wouldn't surprise me. We can pick holes in individual performances, but for me it all starts with how we were set up.

I'm not angry at losing, I'm angry at how utterly lost we looked.

Disappointing performance and result but not really surprised. We always struggle against Liverpool and we were not helped by Pochettino starting the wrong players. I lost interest in this match as soon as I saw Winks starting instead of Lamela. With the form Liverpool were in, we badly needed Lamela to stop them but annoyingly Pochettino chose to start Winks instead. We were duly outclassed and were lucky not to lose by more goals. We improved greatly when Lamela came on but the game was lost by then.

Most of our key players were poor in this match. Kane had another poor match and didn't look like scoring. Eriksen was largely ineffective for most of the match even if his corner helped us score our only goal. I think only Moura and Lamela who came on in the second half had a good match. Moura really should have scored early in the second half when his shot hit the post. Lamela really should have started this match as he lifted our game when he came on in the second half. Lamela scored a brilliant goal from a tight angle and almost scored another goal earlier. Too bad it was too late by then. We should have been given the penalty when Son was tackled in injury time but thought Son should have done better with the chance.

We lost this match in midfield. Dembele and Dier had a poor match and let Liverpool control the midfield. With Wanyama not fully fit to start, thought Dier will lift his game against Liverpool but instead he made too many errors. In fact, Dier had a part in Liverpool's crucial first goal when his weak header when straight to the Liverpool player who headed the ball into the goal. Apart from that, Dier's stupid back pass almost let Liverpool score another goal earlier but Salah's shot was saved by Vorm. Wanyama came on late in the match but didn't have much time to make an impact.

Our defence didn't have a good match as we conceded 2 soft goals. Vorm will be blamed for both their goals but others too should have their share of the blame. Vorm's weak punch from the corner resulted in their first goal. But Dier should have done better with the header after that and Trippier should have reacted faster to head the ball clear from our goal line. Not sure why Trippier is even guarding our goal line as he seems too short to jump higher to head the ball. Remember, Trippier also failed to head the ball clear from a similiar situation when Colombia scored against England in the World Cup. I think others like Vertonghen or Alderweireld should have been on the goal line instead. I think Trippier distracted Vorm but not sure if Vorm would have saved it. Vorm always seems to react too slow in these situations. Vorm really should have reacted faster for their second goal as the ball bounced off the post and went through his fingers slowly before being tapped in by the Liverpool player. Vorm did make a few good saves apart from the 2 goals but his mistakes did enough to cost us this match. We badly need Lloris back soon or we need to start Gazzaniga instead of Vorm in goal.

We have now lost 2 matches in a row for the first time since 2016. We badly need to improve our performance if we want to get back to winning ways in the league soon. I am convinced we could have won this match had Lamela started this match. We badly missed Lamela's work rate and creativity from the start. Let's hope Pochettino will learn a lesson from this match and start Lamela against all the big teams from now on.

Was sat above the West goal on Saturday and noticed how much space our full backs kept on being left in but unfortunately Rose seemed to miscontrol the ball whenever it got pinged to him whilst Trippier never seemed to get much of a look in. Hopefully Winks and Wanyama get back to being match sharp soon...

Life long Liverpool supporter Danny Murphy?
Yeah, I'll pay attention to anything he has to say about Liverpool.
Any mention of a diabolical ref decision denying us a draw?
No, thought not.

You mean the Danny Murphy who played for spurs? A draw would have flattered us massively.

They're a significantly better team without him. If they can replace Milner with a footballer, Klopp with a manager and the fans with people then I may have to tone down my ridicule of them.

Klopp is a very successful manager who has won numerous trophies in his career. His record in finals is turd but so is our record in semis.

Agree with the rest.

They 'sneaked" fourth in the last game just ahead of the mighty Burnley.
Sorry CL doesn't hold up either, they got knocked out the domestic cups early so had easier fixtures list at some point.
I'm not saying they aren't better than us this season, or that they haven't improved but I don't see them as serious title challengers.
Other people do fine, but stop calling us deluded or mad because we disagree with opinions.

I think they’re the 2nd best team in the country. Emirates Marketing Project have the best squad but I think Liverpool will be within 3-6 points of them when the season is over. This is based on the fact that they haven’t lost anyone whilst adding quality to positions they needed significant upgrades in whereas ourselves and united haven’t added anything of note to our/their squad.

You mean the Danny Murphy who played for spurs? A draw would have flattered us massively.

Doesn't matter who else he played for he is a life long Liverpool supporter who cried the first time he went to anfield. Any article by him about Liverpool is biased.
If you have a load of shots and miss then the other team has one shot and scores they deserve to win.
The aim of the game is score, not have loads of shots or possession.

Back