• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ipswich (Friendly)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't remember him doing anything notable in a competitive match. I think that he's squad filler who's only here because of who his agent is.

There is something about the lad, good ‘natural’ control of the ball + something you can’t teach.
He has sadly that ‘Something’ that the likes of Sess is sadly missing.
Imho we should invest time with this lad...he has “it”.

I can't remember him doing anything notable in a competitive match. I think that he's squad filler who's only here because of who his agent is.

i would agree that last season he did not really stand out, i know it was only Ipswich today but it was the best he has looked so far for us and looked promising. Only 21 but there is hope that he will blossom as a player.

i would agree that last season he did not really stand out, i know it was only Ipswich today but it was the best he has looked so far for us and looked promising. Only 21 but there is hope that he will blossom as a player.
He has the confidence and the ability to do things with the ball. Sessegnon has the ability too, but does not seem to dare to try. I was hoping the goal would boost his confidence, and Spur him on a bit, but I didn't really see that.

That said, he arrived in good positions a couple of times, but didn't get the pass. All in all, so far I think Gedson looks more promising than Sess.

Gedson is a bit older than Sessengon, and played more last season.

Gedson actually reminds me of Dele a little. Good touch, can dribble, good on the ball, movement and awareness...but often there isn’t an end product to his promising skill yet.

Sessengon needs to build his confidence, because his physique, speed, ability in front of goal are all there. If playing on the wing or as a wing back he needs people to play one-twos with. He’ll fly down the wing and get in on goal. But he won’t dribble past players down the wing so much.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Gedson actually reminds me of Dele a little. Good touch, can dribble, good on the ball, movement and awareness...but often there isn’t an end product to his promising skill yet.

Sessengon needs to build his confidence, because his physique, speed, ability in front of goal are all there. If playing on the wing or as a wing back he needs people to play one-twos with. He’ll fly down the wing and get in on goal. But he won’t dribble past players down the wing so much.

I actually think Gedson reminds me of Jenas more than anyone. He has a great engine, that natural athleticism that enables him to get up and down the pitch all day - a box to box midfielder, which is why he could also play RB for us as in that position need to have the energy to come up and down. You often find at his young age that the end product is the last thing to come, but there are definitely signs that he could be a versatile asset that could be rotated into the team.

As for Sess I’d be curious to seen him play as the right AM, with our RB always playing high up the opposition LB is already going to be occupied and might find it easier if he is coming inside onto his left foot for the time being at least. I know he came inside to score with his right yesterday but he is pretty weak with that foot really....

confidence
This is his Achilles heel without a doubt

The thing I noticed yesterday, apart from is pressing more than usual and more first time passes was how we still seem to get more overloads on the right than left, throughout the game even when personnel changes were made. Must have been at least half a dozen situations where a player could hit a cross with time to pick his spot. I was thinking what a good fit Trippier would have been in this set up!
I also think it’s worth noting in the case of Sessegnon’s role that it is a little different as we seem to gradually work the ball to him rather than release him quickly, the goal being a notable exception.

There is something about the lad, good ‘natural’ control of the ball + something you can’t teach.
Very different roles yesterday, Gedson as an overlapping fullback with Moura working hard to win the ball and press in front of him, Sessegnon the attacking outlet on the left with Davies behind him. Granted it’s the best I’ve seen Gedson play, but quick technical players can often flatter to deceive when it comes to end product.
A good example is Moura, won the ball in some great positions yesterday, twice had the ball in the box but either picked the wrong final ball or shot from a very tight angle, had a chance in the centre of the goal, worked it onto his left and skied it, whereas Sessegnon showed composure to put a similar chance away on his wrong foot.

Jurys out on both players (Sess & Gedson) still and I hope we see them gettIng full matches in wherever their specified position is deemed to be in the Europa games to help their development as it’s hard to make an impression off the bench where you are caught between not wanting to make a mistake and trying something risky to stand out.
People may lament the Sess fee but even trying to be uber positive and optimistic the reported purchase fee for Gedson looks even more unrealistic from what we’ve seen so far.

Very different roles yesterday, Gedson as an overlapping fullback with Moura working hard to win the ball and press in front of him, Sessegnon the attacking outlet on the left with Davies behind him. Granted it’s the best I’ve seen Gedson play, but quick technical players can often flatter to deceive when it comes to end product.
A good example is Moura, won the ball in some great positions yesterday, twice had the ball in the box but either picked the wrong final ball or shot from a very tight angle, had a chance in the centre of the goal, worked it onto his left and skied it, whereas Sessegnon showed composure to put a similar chance away on his wrong foot.

Jurys out on both players (Sess & Gedson) still and I hope we see them gettIng full matches in wherever their specified position is deemed to be in the Europa games to help their development as it’s hard to make an impression off the bench where you are caught between not wanting to make a mistake and trying something risky to stand out.
People may lament the Sess fee but even trying to be uber positive and optimistic the reported purchase fee for Gedson looks even more unrealistic from what we’ve seen so far.

With money being tight both these two must be persevered with. This especially important for Sess from the confidence point of view.
Gedson must learn under Jose surely?

I was thinking last season how much Trippier would've thrived with the set up Mourinho developed to get the best out of Aurier
He certainly would got a lot of space down the right to exploit. However, I think some people forget how inconsistent his delivery got in the last couple of seasons from his 2016-2017 peak. It really wasn’t any better than Serge’s levels last season IMO and if it had been people would have been able to overlook his brain farts.

Was quite an interesting setup last night, probably more about getting minutes into players rather than tactical. The difference in roles between Moura and Son, Gedson and Sessegnon. Will be interesting if that is something we will see when the season starts.

Found it marginally interesting to watch Foyth yesterday. Been a lot of reporting back and forth about him being likely to leave, wanting to fight for his place, being on the move etc.

Didn't heve much defending to do, but the little he had to deal with he dealt with. On the ball he looked a lot more carful and conservative. Interesting if that his him adapting to what Mourinho wants, might still be a chance for him at the club.

Then he was subbed at half time. Unless there is a fitness or injury issue that seems more like he's on the way out.

Obviously trying to read a lot into very limited information...

Found it marginally interesting to watch Foyth yesterday. Been a lot of reporting back and forth about him being likely to leave, wanting to fight for his place, being on the move etc.

Didn't heve much defending to do, but the little he had to deal with he dealt with. On the ball he looked a lot more carful and conservative. Interesting if that his him adapting to what Mourinho wants, might still be a chance for him at the club.

Then he was subbed at half time. Unless there is a fitness or injury issue that seems more like he's on the way out.

Obviously trying to read a lot into very limited information...

I don't think he plays this season with us, he's just not worth the foreign player slot.

- I was surprised to see him get the run out, maybe it means it's a loan for him then.
- Still think if the money is right, we will let him go ..

I don't think he plays this season with us, he's just not worth the foreign player slot.

- I was surprised to see him get the run out, maybe it means it's a loan for him then.
I've thought for some time that he's most likely more or less gone (this season at least) , yesterday doesn't change the impression completely, but it makes me somewhat less certain.

If you can not see that Sessegnon has it then i really pity you. The only thing he lacks is confidence.

The ball for Son’s goal didn’t impress? Agree though depending of whether we sell other players (Aurier for example) him maturing and taking up a foreign player slot this season could see him loaned; hopefully not sold. Foyth only needs two things: to cut out the silly mistakes - he took his eye off the ball once and gave up possession - and bulk up a little. Otherwise he’s got the makings of a quality modern CB!

Back