• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

Red card was the decision of the assistant, not the ref. And to me was a red card. You simply cannot do that.

To the extent that the red was debatable, not sending Livermore was clearly a much worse decision overall.

I think the ref had a great game up until the Livermore incident. Marky's point was a good one - the Hull fans proper got on the ref's back after the red card, going apesh*t every time he (rightly) gave the decision to us every time one of their players (clearly) fouled ours, but he stayed strong and made the right calls.

Haven't seen MOTD or any highlights of the game back - does anyone know if the ref clearly saw the Livermore challenge?? Cos if he did his failure to give anything is a disgrace - total bottle job. I mean it was obviously a yellow but he didn't even give a foul!!

That he didn't even give it as a foul leads me to have some kind of idea that he didn't see it at all, although I don't see why this should have been the case ordinarily, it was a very late challenge but it's not like it happened off ball or anything. If the ref had been watching play he should have seen it, basically.

The ref was **** tbf. There were quite a few challenges that he go that were fouls and cards that he should've dished out to both sides. The Borini decision was likely in his head when Livermore made that challenge and he bottled the second yellow. Livermore's first yellow was for mouthing off to the ref after we scored our first.

Haven't seen MOTD or any highlights of the game back - does anyone know if the ref clearly saw the Livermore challenge?? Cos if he did his failure to give anything is a disgrace - total bottle job. I mean it was obviously a yellow but he didn't even give a foul!!

That he didn't even give it as a foul leads me to have some kind of idea that he didn't see it at all, although I don't see why this should have been the case ordinarily, it was a very late challenge but it's not like it happened off ball or anything. If the ref had been watching play he should have seen it, basically.

Yes the ref clearly saw it. But 3 Spurs players were right next to Mason and none of them queried it, none of them said or did a thing, they just played on as they had possession and looked to move forwards, nobody batted an eyelid until Mason stayed squirming on the deck at which point everyone went "er, oh yeah, foul!". The main impact was Livermore's left knee that squashed Mason's left ankle, that is what caused the damage. But the most obvious impact looked like their right legs, so the ref just played on.

Happy with the win. But not satisfied with the way we won it. It was a bit embarassing we had to rely on another red card to come back from a goal down to win, just like the Villa game. Disappointingly, until the red card incident, we didn't look like scoring a goal. Even after the red card, we still wasted many chances to score. Fortunately for us, Kane and Eriksen inspired us to this win.

Credit to Kane for scoring another goal. But surely, Eriksen must be the man-of-the-match for us. His excellent freekick enabled Kane to score and he scored a brilliant goal himself. This proves what Eriksen can do if he gets to complete 90 mins. Hopefully Pochettino will play Eriksen the whole match from now on. Similiarly, Eriksen should be taking all our freekicks. He is our only player who can hit the target from freekicks consistently. Was annoyed to see Kane wasting the freekick in the first half. Kane may have scored from freekick against Villa but his freekicks are shyte almost all the time. Hope Pochettino will appoint Eriksen as our main freekick taker from now on.

Thought it was a big mistake by Pochettino not to play a defensive midfielder and so it proved. Until the red card, we were outplayed in midfield and almost got outclassed in the first half. It is always too risky to play a attack minded midfield in away matches. Hope we will get a top quality defensive midfielder in January. But until then, we should play either Capoue or Stambouli as the defensive midfielder, especially in away matches.

Not at all surprised to see us concede any goal nowadays. And it was annoying to see Livermore scoring against us like that. Our defenders should have stopped him from taking that shot. Thought Lloris could have reacted faster to save the shot as well. Lloris did make that crucial save later which kept us in the match. Vertonghen did play a crucial part in this match by getting the Hull player get send off. But it was not nice to see Vertonghen provoking the player first. Hope we won't need to resort to this kind of game manship to win matches in future.

This was a crucial win for us. Hope we will be boosted by this win to go on a positive run.

Red card was the decision of the assistant, not the ref. And to me was a red card. You simply cannot do that.

To the extent that the red was debatable, not sending Livermore was clearly a much worse decision overall.

It's a red, there is no debate.

Not all refs would give it. Some may have let him off as it was weak, or because they thought Vertonghen overreacted. But Ramierez without a shadow of a doubt kicked out, which is violent conduct and a red.

I said it before but in 1998 Beckham got sent off for exactly the same and law hasn't changed. The player is the guilty party and should be kicker themselves ;)

Back