• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

73 % possession

23 Shots at goal 6 on target

9 corners

Not bad stats for a team fighting relegation

As I said in the ratings thread - poor decision to start Kane and to play so narrow - Kane is exactly the kind of slow, unskillful forward that Dawson thrives against, and by playing so narrow with such little pace we gave him the chance to put in all these last ditch blocks and tackles in a crowded area like he's good at. After years of watching him get put on his **** by fast dribblers like Aguero or Torres, we should have tried to play deeper with pace on the counter, getting Lamela and Lennon running at him.

Once we made the tactical switch in the second half, we started to create a lot of chances today. I feel the football we're playing is much better than it was last season, we just need more composure in front of goal to start making these wins much more comfortable.

If Chadli had scored that sitter against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to make it 2-0 we'd be in the top 4 now. Christ, if we'd won any of the games against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke or West Brom at home, we'd be in the top 4 now. Fine margins....

Mason superb? whattttt?

he was poor before the sending off just like most of the other players.

Let me elaborate. He didn't execute everything perfectly. But he was bright, inventive, he and Eriksen speeded up our football at a crucial point in the game. We played some of our quickest football in that period and those two were key to it. I'd like to see a 4-3-3 with Eriksen, Mason and a DM.

As I said in the ratings thread - poor decision to start Kane and to play so narrow - Kane is exactly the kind of slow, unskillful forward that Dawson thrives against, and by playing so narrow with such little pace we gave him the chance to put in all these last ditch blocks and tackles in a crowded area like he's good at. After years of watching him get put on his **** by fast dribblers like Aguero or Torres, we should have tried to play deeper with pace on the counter, getting Lamela and Lennon running at him.

Once we made the tactical switch in the second half, we started to create a lot of chances today. I feel the football we're playing is much better than it was last season, we just need more composure in front of goal to start making these wins much more comfortable.

If Chadli had scored that sitter against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to make it 2-0 we'd be in the top 4 now. Christ, if we'd won any of the games against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke or West Brom at home, we'd be in the top 4 now. Fine margins....

The full backs are everything to Pochs formation. It will be so different when a Walker returns or we get Yedlin.

Doesn't Mason hold the wrong knee/shin?

It is clearer from the other angle.

Mason's right leg is off the floor so it is OK when it gets hit; his left leg is planted so when Livermore catches his left ankle it rolls over painfully.

Steve Bruce and his comments are a disgrace. They kicked everything above grass height. What about Livermore? Why wasn't there a booking for free kick that lead to the goal?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Agree. Bruce is neglecting the yellows his team should have got but worse he is advocating discretion for head in faces and sly kicks to the back of the knees.
Stop whinging and teach your players to be disciplined rather than petulant. They obviously felt they could intimidate this ref.
Next week no doubt he will be asking for less discretion and more consistency.

Hull manager Steve Bruce on BBC: "For me the Premier League is the spectacle it is because of the honesty and ferociousness of it. It was petulant by Ramirez but it is not violent conduct. Vertonghen goes down as if he has been pole-axed.

"Vertonghen's actions are there for everyone to see but does he have to go over like that? I would be really disappointed if I was going to do something like that. The linesman 10 yards away and there is a difference between a flick and violent conduct.

"It spoils the game, we have lost the game on a decision.

"We were more like ourselves, we were excellent in the first half,. The whole game changed the moment the guy got sent off."

"Ramirez didn't even try and kick the right player anyway — he thought he was kicking Dembele but it turned out it was only Vertonghen, who had nothing to do with it, so it shouldn't even count as a red card. These referees should know the rules. It was never like this at Old Trafford."

Yea eriksen and Mason with a holding midfielder.

Disagree.
One Holding mid who knows what he is doing is enough.
Mason or actually Dembele who is better defensively, Mason was poor first half and his positional play was too close to the centre.
Then allow Eriksen to play free role, With Kane and Ade/Soldado up front, Lennon on right, did you see him turn on the after burners to rob the Hull player after running a across the pitch, and I like Ringo's idea of using Davies as LB and Rose as LM, better than the posy, ineffective drag artist Lamela, Chadli though deserves a go there for his efforts this season.

Let me elaborate. He didn't execute everything perfectly. But he was bright, inventive, he and Eriksen speeded up our football at a crucial point in the game. We played some of our quickest football in that period and those two were key to it. I'd like to see a 4-3-3 with Eriksen, Mason and a DM.

I was thinking that towards the end of the game. I noticed that Eriksen had dropped deeper when Mason picked up the knock but could not go off.

Let's judge poch when he gets his first choice full backs in this team. Walker /Yedlin would make a huge difference. We need width, when we have it we are much better.

Having said that when we are attacked we concede. That is still a big issue
Chiriches didn't do too badly but he does have the habit of trying to beat a man and getting into trouble.
Another option, instead of dropping him to third team winger, is to use Lennon as RB.
He has the intelligence and physical attributes to play this demanding role to Poch's specification.
He can defend, no one is going to run him. He takes the simple option and as he used to go around the outside superbly for Harry and Jol, the role would create the possibility for him to do this again.

Also note when Davies and Dier tried to do this today they didn't have the inclination or athleticism to bust a gut getting back. I suspect Lennon would try to get goalside, at least until he is knackered.

Back