• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

I used to slide across the floor on my knees like a schoolboy when we got last minute winners like this. I sat motionless today. It was against 10 men (again) and it simply papers over the cracks. We have got lucky twice now. Still not a single shred of improvement when its 11 v 11. Nothing has changed.

Totally agree, the villa and this game paper over the cracks massively. I do not put much blame on Poch though by now he should realise Eriksen is better in the middle.

Maybe people can lay of Eriksen a bit now. I think he's been good this season and wasn't bad first half today. He's one of the few that can play quick creative passes to speed an attack forwards. I actually think the passing is one thing which is improving although the defence, creating chances and finishing is still poor.

I have consistently argued for Eriksen to played central and deeper, where he can influence the game, since the start of the season.

Today Poch got lucky. Even then he nearly ****ed it up by putting Paulinho on in the middle who is absolute rubbish and slowed play down. Lamela should never be keeping Lennon out of the side either. And I'd ratehr have Davies as LB and Rose as LM.

But if Eriksen ends up back wide next week Poch deserves to be sacked.

I used to slide across the floor on my knees like a schoolboy when we got last minute winners like this. I sat motionless today. It was against 10 men (again) and it simply papers over the cracks. We have got lucky twice now. Still not a single shred of improvement when its 11 v 11. Nothing has changed.

I understand your sentiments....

but I did slide across the floor and fist pump.....get the fack in !!!! we needed that!

Totally deserved red card, he kicks out at dembele and then verts. They were lucky to finish with 10 men. If that had Liverpool Or Manchester United then sky would be saying it was a red card.
Their goal was a once a season fluke. We weren't as bad as everyone is painting it. Dm and cm needs looking at tho

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Totally deserved red card, he kicks out at dembele and then verts. They were lucky to finish with 10 men. If that had Liverpool Or Manchester United then sky would be saying it was a red card.
Their goal was a once a season fluke. We weren't as bad as everyone is painting it. Dm and cm needs looking at tho

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Absolutely right. We started off reasonably well, pressing aggressively, had a lapse for the goal and then were chasing the game. A dicey spell in the first half, but in the second we put them under loads of pressure and had chances galore which we missed. Not exactly fluent football, but it doesn't merit some of the overreaction here, imo.

For me, Dembele has gone - those sideways passing stats are appaling!
Soldado is a dead man walking too.

Lennon right, Lamela/Chadders left/no.10, Harry up top.
Eriksen Centre Mid + 1 (GHod knows who - Defo not Dembele! Capoue isnt very good is he? Bentaleb possibly!!! Or Mason still)

There was one time before. Us last season.

Beat me to it. Hard to tell which Champions League challenging team is worse out of us last season or us this season. Either way we've been shocking both yet are still somehow up there! COYS

I want to say that we got away with it, that we're still absolutely awful at the back, that this is dangerous form to be in when heading into the Chelsea and Everton games, that our lack of a good DM is woefully obvious and Levy should be whalloped over his failure in the summer more than he's currently being castigated.....

But f*ck it. We needed that. We badly ,badly needed that. We needed the three points heading into two very tough games. We needed Kane's goal, to keep the lad in scoring form. We needed the loud away support to keep the players believing that an upturn in form will get the home fans off their backs. We needed that win to keep Poch hanging on.

Make no mistake, today was another byproduct of failures made at the upper echelons of this club, and that red card saved us. But there's no denying that we needed that, and I'm glad we got it.

I have consistently argued for Eriksen to played central and deeper, where he can influence the game, since the start of the season.

Today Poch got lucky. Even then he nearly ****ed it up by putting Paulinho on in the middle who is absolute rubbish and slowed play down. Lamela should never be keeping Lennon out of the side either. And I'd ratehr have Davies as LB and Rose as LM.

But if Eriksen ends up back wide next week Poch deserves to be sacked.

This. We need to build around Eriksen, who is clearly the best passer we have. That means moving him deeper to give him more time and space and giving him runners who start out wide and who actually RUN off the ball rather than being static. With Lamela Left and Lennon wide we did find a bit of rythm - admittedly against 10 men. But Lamela, Soldado and Kane all had good chances created for them in that period. It's a start.

This. We need to build around Eriksen, who is clearly the best passer we have. That means moving him deeper to give him more time and space and giving him runners who start out wide and who actually RUN off the ball rather than being static. With Lamela Left and Lennon wide we did find a bit of rythm - admittedly against 10 men. But Lamela, Soldado and Kane all had good chances created for them in that period. It's a start.

I'm all for giving this a go (we can't get much worse) but he's gonna need a proper partner, maybe 2 of them, in there with him. A technically good player like Eriksen will look great against 10 men who have dropped back to their own 18 yard box and have no attacking intent. But most sides in this league are going to have 11 men and they are going to get about us because they know we are weak. I'm not sure Eriksen can handle that -- maybe he can, but just don't expect miracles from him is all I'm saying.

You can give us a **** 10 minute period in the first half every game if it means we get moments like that at the end of games. **** me it felt like we had our Spurs back at the end, i went mental!! - our approach play was best its been all season today in my view, some nice one touch passing, nice to see us getting ball out wide in second half and getting balls in the box. I think our front four work very well and look dangerous. we just need a settled two in midfield and to be better in defence.

Very happy. Confidence boost

More like 70s with john Lacy back in the guise of Fazio. Kab got the blame last time but Fazio was poor.

I agree neither of them look great, but we just have to stick with a central defensive pair to hope they form some understanding. For me, it has to be Fazio and Verts. Said with a heavy heart and just about everything crossed.

Back