• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

And perhaps you could point me to games under AVB where we have scored goals at will, mullered teams with big scores, played entertaining, fast flowing football, scored plenty of well worked goals from corners, used wingers to stay wide, get to the byline and put in dangerous crosses and generally played from the first whistle with a high intensity?

Two completely different styles IMO.

Of course I won't be able to as that's not the plan. I'd also be incredibly surprised if you could find one single match in which any successful team has played the whole 90 minutes with high intensity.

I think you're confusing style of play with the tactic of switching intensities, Pirate

Even your own (hardly neutral ) report has it as a close game. One that could therefore have gone either way. Consequently, to win such a game there is inevitably a degree of fortune.

As I said at the beginning, not one of their players would get in our squad ( possibly bar Stcklenberg as back up to Lloris), never mind our team. It's a game we should win against a bottom three side on a shocking run of form, regardless of the new manager syndrome. Our players are much better than theirs individually, but the sum of the parts is less than the whole. That is my gripe.

Obviously. Not quite the same as being "VERY fortunate" as was your impression based on some match reports.

A bit of post analysis justification if ever I heard one, mate! I thought you had lost, or at least were losing faith during the game.
Anyway, it is not about support or otherwise for the manager, it is about being a true witness to what you just watched. It didn't seem like you enjoyed it much.

Have fun in Antarctica and leave the penguins alone!

You don't me well mate.
I don't work like that…in life.
I support those who are on my side. I might be critical at times, but I support them. My wife, my kids, my mates and my football team.

True witness? Well, there it was (if you read ALL my comments the full extent of match time neurosis and humor might've been evident, hell, I even took the **** out of my own sometimes-blinding optimism!)…again, enjoyment right now is SECOND to winning and climbing the table.

I will tell you this though…I rarely post during a match and now I know why. Doubt I'll be doing that again.

Yeah, at airport now…I will only hug a few of the little lovelies!!!

Be well mate...

…which has absolutely nothing to do with my point. Nothing.

Again, I think some people have made their minds up they don't like AVB and what he's doing, regardless of what happens.

"Agreed. People saying we failed to create chances simply didn't watch the game, or are in denial because they really want to be negative. We did. Saying otherwise is a lie."

That was BOL's post that you replied too. It makes no mention of people not rating AVB or anything but you've somehow decided it is and insinuate that the people that are being negative either didn't watch the game or don't like AVB. The thing is you were one of the most negative posters during the game so it makes no sense.

"Agreed. People saying we failed to create chances simply didn't watch the game, or are in denial because they really want to be negative. We did. Saying otherwise is a lie."

That was BOL's post that you replied too. It makes no mention of people not rating AVB or anything but you've somehow decided it is and insinuate that the people that are being negative either didn't watch the game or don't like AVB. The thing is you were one of the most negative posters during the game so it makes no sense.

To be fair to Steff I think there is a contrast between after the game, denying what is factually true (the fact we created some good chances) and worrying as a fan during the game and thinking it is all going to go wrong.

I think you can worry that we will lose and still be behind the manager. But if we create chances and someone says 'We were rubbish, we didn't create anything' then it's being negative because you've decided to be, not because the facts justify it. (Not aimed at you, just the general point Steff was arguing.)

Of course I won't be able to as that's not the plan. I'd also be incredibly surprised if you could find one single match in which any successful team has played the whole 90 minutes with high intensity.

So the plan ISN'T to do what has made Man U so successful! Or it is the plan but we dont have the players to implement it. Okay I get it now, instead of adopting a proven format, we will play boring turgid football and pray it comes good due to the brilliance of our coach. We just need to give it time, although you still haven't answered my question as to how long you would give this project.

It would be good management practice to set targets and measurable objectives. What are those for you for AVB?

You have now said, twice, that I expect a successful team to play the whole 90 minutes with high intensity. Where exactly did I say this?

So the plan ISN'T to do what has made Man U so successful! Or it is the plan but we dont have the players to implement it. Okay I get it now, instead of adopting a proven format, we will play boring turgid football and pray it comes good due to the brilliance of our coach. We just need to give it time, although you still haven't answered my question as to how long you would give this project.

It would be good management practice to set targets and measurable objectives. What are those for you for AVB?

You have now said, twice, that I expect a successful team to play the whole 90 minutes with high intensity. Where exactly did I say this?

No targets or measureable adjectives, just vague answers like "as long as it takes" which gets AVB out of trouble should he fail.

No targets or measureable adjectives, just vague answers like "as long as it takes" which gets AVB out of trouble should he fail.

why is it sometimes you make a comment whereby you state you can see where those who want to give him time are coming from and then other times you come out with stuff like this?

why is it sometimes you make a comment whereby you state you can see where those who want to give him time are coming from and then other times you come out with stuff like this?

Because he's the leader of the whingey troll phalanx

I'm certainly not one of the most moany, negative, painful posters on this forum, that much is for sure..

We've been magnificent this season and deserve to be top of the league. Our style of play is better than Barca/Dortmund/Bayern/which ever team you believe plays the best football and our attacking play has been nothing short of sublime. Happy? :lol:

Because not all posters like yourself are as willing to debate our play this season and give actual answers when a poster asks another poster to set certain targets. I admire Scara's belief in AVB, but he's not willing to say what he thinks would be an acceptable season, if he is then I'm all ears. I'm all for giving him time, but don't you agree that we need to set targets for the manager? And that doesn't mean sack him if we don't finish 4th just to be clear.

You've also got complete macarons like Stenno who just goes around like he's the moral police of GG, trying to bait Kingdawson or anyone he perceives to be negative.

Last edited:
It was nice to get a league win after being winless in 4 matches. This was a erection inducing win. This is the first time this season that we have come back from a goal down to win. This shows our mental strength is now improving as the season progresses. But we shouldn't get carried away as we have a good record at Fulham in recent years.

Nice to see Chiriches and Holtby scoring their first league goals. It was a well-taken goal by Chiriches as he managed to put his shot on target despite shooting it first time. But credit should also go to Defoe for distracting the goalie with his jump. What a time for Holtby to score his first league goal for us ! And it was a world class goal, the way he dribbled past the player to shoot beyond the goalie from that distance. Hope this goal will encourage Holtby to score more goals. But disappointingly, there was still no goals from our attacking strikers. Would have preferred Defoe or Lamela to score instead. Defoe should have done better with his one-on-one chance with the goalie in the second half. Similiarly Lamela should have done better with his chance in the first half.

Really wished our midfield can dominate more against the oppositon. We simply let Fulham have too much possession. Apart from Holtby, thought Sandro should have scored with his shot early in the second half. It was almost an open goal for him but his shot was off target. After scoring that wonder goal against ManU, disappointed Sandro didn't make use of this chance. I think we could have won this match more comfortable had we scored then. Also, disappointed Paulinho wasted a few chances that came his way.

Despite the win, it is disappointing we failed to keep a clean sheet again for the 4th match in a row. And it was really annoying to concede the goal as the Fulham player had all the time in the world to beat Lloris. But Lloris did well to make a few crucial saves to keep us in the game. It was nice to see Lloris back to his best after mistakes he made against ManCity and ManU.

We need to improve our performance but this win has put us back into top 4 race. Hope we will go on a winning run now.

Back