• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

I'm struggling to find a match report so I might be wrong but this game seemed very very similar to last seasons corresponding fixture to me. I certainly don't remember the same level of ire on here back then.

Because it was 0-3.

Not 1-2.

We were discussing the difference between our style and Uniteds. You said they were similar. I think they are miles apart.

I'd contest both points.

I was discussing our approach to matches and Uniteds, you were comparing our style now (1.5 yrs in) to Utd's in their pomp (about 5 yrs in). Two entirely separate things.

I also think that our approach as I described is very similar to what Utd have done for years, and again, they're just better at it.

I don't really know enough about Manu's style of play to talk about it, but I've always thought that they win many matches because of a moment of individual brilliance from one player. Now we are winning / scoring because of a moment of great skill. Let's just be delighted that we have players who can achieve this!

I understand where people are coming from, who say that the whole is less than the sum of the parts, but football is a results business and we are 6th, so it could be much much worse, and hopefully will get much much better.

Pochettino is the name everyone seems to want to replace AVB. But has anyone noticed how Southampton play almost exactly the same way as we do?

What is the alternative? Soft centre cavalier football? I love watching us go out and try and control matches - it's the first time we've done it in about 30 years.

Please no, knee jerk 1 - get rid of AVB, knee jerk 2 - appoint a manager with half a season of success??

That would be typical us and show a lack of football knowledge by the club

I don't know why I keep heading back to Fulham, I don't particularly enjoy the ground and to be honest it's a rip off at nearly £50 for the match ticket. Having said that, the FA Cup game aside I haven't seen us lose there. I was separated from the group last night as I only qualified for a 'restricted view' ticket, so stood with people I didn't know. I have to say not only from the football point of view but the general atmosphere around me it wasn't overly enjoyable. I don't confess to being the biggest AVB fan, I never have been one for stats, I don't give the 'record points' debate anymore than I do the '2 points from 8 games' or the 'Wigan 9-1', but there were genuinely people there last night who were shouting pure bile directed towards the guy, and seemed somewhat reluctant to even celebrate the first goal. Of course Holtby's goal was more than welcomed which is understandable, but I think there are some fundamental problems at the moment and our next game at Sunderland is simply huge.

I was never a fan of Harry Redknapp the person, not to the same extent as I like having an intelligent and smart guy at the helm like at present, but we are seeing some truly baffling decisions from AVB recently. To start with inverted wingers was a puzzler, especially when Lennon had a decent game against United in his preferred role. Playing on the left has always been a problem for Lennon, when him and Lamela switched wings after about half an hour you could see the difference immediately. I think Paulinho needs a rest, he just appears to be spent, understandable as he has been involved in the majority of our games this season. Lloris had a great game, made 3 absolutely outstanding saves, and Berbatov showed us the kind of striker that we really need to make our system work.

I hope AVB gets this right in the end, but I'm genuinely a bit concerned at the moment.

Come from behind to win. Create loads of really good chances. Make attacking, match winning substitutions. All things AVB has been criticized for not doing, but all we get is more moaning.

It was good to get a win yesterday, two great goals as well. Lloris was our best player by a long shot, and was really the match winner for us. I'll refrain from commenting on how I thought we performed, 3 points being the most important thing, hoping the spirits are lifted further and that we can get something out of Sunderland as well.

Agreed completely. He played well last night - worked hard but more importantly, frequent touches of class, good holdup play, great balls to play his team mates in. Definitely the type of player we need.

I dunno, I agree with all of that but his finishing was woeful, we already have players who can waste chances

I dunno, I agree with all of that but his finishing was woeful, we already have players who can waste chances

I'm not saying his finishing was brilliant but I wouldn't describe it as woeful. He had one into the side netting which he might have done better with but Lloris made 3 great saves I can remember, and I think 2 of them were from Berbatov. The full length dive to the keepers left early in the the first half and the deflected shot late in the game.

pretty standard saves IMO, the stand out save was from the deflected shot which was Ruiz I think

in his pomp Berbatov wouldn't have given the keeper a chance

pretty standard saves IMO, the stand out save was from the deflected shot which was Ruiz I think

in his pomp Berbatov wouldn't have given the keeper a chance

Ruiz was it? Fair enough. Dodgy river. Bar the finishing he had a great game I thought.

I'd contest both points.

I was discussing our approach to matches and Uniteds, you were comparing our style now (1.5 yrs in) to Utd's in their pomp (about 5 yrs in). Two entirely separate things.

I also think that our approach as I described is very similar to what Utd have done for years, and again, they're just better at it.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree. Especially with the bolded bit.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree. Especially with the bolded bit.

In which case, hopefully you'll be able to point me towards large numbers of occasions when Utd didn't pressure for the ball in packs, didn't try and keep the ball when they have it, and spent the entire 90 minutes throwing every player forward.

In which case, hopefully you'll be able to point me towards large numbers of occasions when Utd didn't pressure for the ball in packs, didn't try and keep the ball when they have it, and spent the entire 90 minutes throwing every player forward.

And perhaps you could point me to games under AVB where we have scored goals at will, mullered teams with big scores, played entertaining, fast flowing football, scored plenty of well worked goals from corners, used wingers to stay wide, get to the byline and put in dangerous crosses and generally played from the first whistle with a high intensity?

Two completely different styles IMO.

Back