• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

Pochettino is the name everyone seems to want to replace AVB. But has anyone noticed how Southampton play almost exactly the same way as we do?

What is the alternative? Soft centre cavalier football? I love watching us go out and try and control matches - it's the first time we've done it in about 30 years.

Why should cavalier football necessarily have a soft centre? Man U have achieved consistent success playing attractive, entertaining football over many years.

tbh BOL stuck with his opinion throughout but have a look at your posts in this thread when we're 0-1...i'm sorry but they don't sound like they're from someone that liked what he was watching.

…which has absolutely nothing to do with my point. Nothing.

Again, I think some people have made their minds up they don't like AVB and what he's doing, regardless of what happens.

Steff more:

"The players just don't look up for it..."

"Scary..cannot believe Holtby got on ahead of Sigurdsson…blows me away…especially as Sigurdsson has scored two goals this season and is our second highest PL scorer!…

Optimistic Steff says that if we were to win tonight it would be a massive boost…

Realistic Steff says it won't happen and that there's trouble in the store..."

so you were just as negative as a lot of posters when we were 0-1 down because of the poor performance...and it's natural to be negative after watching that dross too. Lets not try and make this some sort of sustained campaign to make everything AVB does look bad.

Your selective, and diligent, cut-and-paste work is something to behold. Well done Sir!

Is it possible not to have enjoyed every minute of what I watched and still support the manager?

I know you're on one, so have some sustained fun as I'm ****ing off to Antarctica tomorrow morning and won't be near my computer until the following Tuesday.

KD I think you need to factor in that Steff is borderline schizophrenic and cut him some slack

PS - I only said borderline because I suspect he is American and will sue me

I am not American. I am English. I live in America. I've been over this countless times. I had a season ticket from 1980-85. Over the last 25 years, I have made an average of 6 games home and away every season from the west coast. I could go on. I HATE the idea of suing anyone. Even you.

Statto posted that AVB's win ratio is the best ever for a Spurs manager -- this was a response to me saying that I don't think we have played particularly well across AVB's 52 league games in charge. (IMO, we have been dogged and picked up points via spectacular goals, mainly from the boot of Bale. We don't look very good in attack as a unit, like Arsenal, City, even Liverpool do.)

So if the stats show his record to be the best of any Spurs boss, then you'd think -- if the stats are meaningful -- that the team we are watching would be the best, or one of the best, Spurs teams to have played in this history of the club. But that's obviously b*llocks; in short, stats don't always tell the full story.

Not at all.

You see the data are facts. Irrefutable evidence that something(s) has/have happened.

How well we are playing is entirely subjective. It's open to opinion, bias, and all kinds of rubbish that can skew the answers. That's especially true in the eyes of someone who has a preconceived opinion of the team that they are determined to make true, despite all reality.

Why should cavalier football necessarily have a soft centre? Man U have achieved consistent success playing attractive, entertaining football over many years.

Utd have been anything but cavalier. They do what we do, they just do it better (unsurprising considering the stability/resources).

You have got to be joking. We were DREADFUL against City. They could have easily had ten and we mustered half a chance.
We were better against a United side missing three of their best players and according to most reports I heard we were VERY fortunate against Fulham and relied heavily on Lloris.

I think you might have to find better reports.

All in all I thought it was a pretty closely fought game with chances both ways. We could easily have scored a couple from our big chances alone and of course their goal was in a sense just as lucky as our first in that we gifted them the ball and let them in easily.
Lloris was excellent for sure, but Stekelenburg also had a good game. Top players deciding a close-ish game for a top team.

Utd have been anything but cavalier. They do what we do, they just do it better (unsurprising considering the stability/resources).

Yeah, they've been very attacking and entertaining at times, but they've also been very pragmatic. They've also at times relied very heavily on individual top class players when attacking, like last season.

United have always attacked with speed, width and numbers. A million miles from what we do now.

I think you might have to find better reports.

All in all I thought it was a pretty closely fought game with chances both ways. We could easily have scored a couple from our big chances alone and of course their goal was in a sense just as lucky as our first in that we gifted them the ball and let them in easily.
Lloris was excellent for sure, but Stekelenburg also had a good game. Top players decidinga close-ish game for a top team.

Even your own (hardly neutral ) report has it as a close game. One that could therefore have gone either way. Consequently, to win such a game there is inevitably a degree of fortune.

As I said at the beginning, not one of their players would get in our squad ( possibly bar Stcklenberg as back up to Lloris), never mind our team. It's a game we should win against a bottom three side on a shocking run of form, regardless of the new manager syndrome. Our players are much better than theirs individually, but the sum of the parts is less than the whole. That is my gripe.

United have always attacked with speed, width and numbers. A million miles from what we do now.

Only when it was the right time to do so. They didn't just throw all their players forward for 90mins.

When the time isn't right they press for the ball high up the pitch in numbers and keep the ball when they have it.

Your selective, and diligent, cut-and-paste work is something to behold. Well done Sir!

Is it possible not to have enjoyed every minute of what I watched and still support the manager?

I know you're on one, so have some sustained fun as I'm ****ing off to Antarctica tomorrow morning and won't be near my computer until the following Tuesday.

A bit of post analysis justification if ever I heard one, mate! I thought you had lost, or at least were losing faith during the game.

Anyway, it is not about support or otherwise for the manager, it is about being a true witness to what you just watched. It didn't seem like you enjoyed it much.

Have fun in Antarctica and leave the penguins alone!

Only when it was the right time to do so. They didn't just throw all their players forward for 90mins.

When the time isn't right they press for the ball high up the pitch in numbers and keep the ball when they have it.

When did I say they did? If you honestly think that we are playing the same game as United in their pomp, then I feel sorry for you.

When did I say they did? If you honestly think that we are playing the same game as United in their pomp, then I feel sorry for you.

Utd in their pomp were from around 5 years into Ferguson's tenure onwards.

What makes you think we can or should get there faster than one of the world's biggest clubs?

Still we are much dangerous on counter attack . We have so many chances in this game but most of them came from a break , set-pieces / corner defending ( you can count Soldado's chance against Utd in as well). Now we have picked up more pts away from home which is similar to last season.

But when we are playing with the ball, again we have no idea what should do , what to do , where to move , when should i (the player) move to. We do not have the fluid to play passing game . We go a bit direct as we've got pacey players but the final product are awful. The attack does not look promising and effective.

What makes you think we can or should get there faster than one of the world's biggest clubs?

We were discussing the difference between our style and Uniteds. You said they were similar. I think they are miles apart.

This. Some here would've wanted Fergie out before he won anything. Wenger would've been gone a year or two ago. Maybe Chelsea is the team for you?

You have got to be joking. We were DREADFUL against City. They could have easily had ten and we mustered half a chance.
We were better against a United side missing three of their best players and according to most reports I heard we were VERY fortunate against Fulham and relied heavily on Lloris.

- And we should have had 6. So there you go 10-6. Not the worst performance against the best team in the league.
- Who cares who they were missing, you can only play whos put infront of you.
- Most reports? So you didn't even watch the game? End of discussion.

I don't really care why fans bother, I see every OMT that the 'fans' expect us to lose, so why do they care so much when we do? I don't get it.

I'm struggling to find a match report so I might be wrong but this game seemed very very similar to last seasons corresponding fixture to me. I certainly don't remember the same level of ire on here back then.

Back