• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project ***

Anyone in the new 3rd tier?

Received a warning email about how steep it is!

Surely can't be any steeper than our South Stand upper. I have dyspraxia so my balance is crap and I walk up and down those steps very slowly. Still haven't fallen down them some how though, will have to do it before the Lane closes.

Although Kompany may be back

Smacks of desperation as their down to the bare bones... Despite spending half a billion on players

I've heard all sorts of excuses today about how their depleted by injuries yet they buy players frequently enough for crazy money... Maybe they should buy players with character rather than players with reputations

I hate posting stuff like that But take out Aguero and who really scares you with City anymore, their next best player is Hart, forget the Leicester game, they were lucky to beat sunderland before. There's no doubt the Guardiola thing is a big distraction to the players, they don't know who they're playing for now.

They have KDB, Silva, Navas, Nasri, Bony, Mangala injuried. Kompany is in huge doubt (still didn't train with the first team). That represents a huge lack of creativity and a bit of a mess in central defence. As a result they won't have any decent options from the bench and we'll have a lot.
Also their manager is walking dead. I'm not sure the atmosphere in the locker room is ideal now.
Judjing style of play and quality of recent team perfomances, I should say that City is the worst team in top-4. Pellegrini doesn't seem to have plan B, plays only from position of strength and so City looks vulnerable to our style of play. It's not a secret we have had hugest problems with the teams which park the bus, play very compactly and sting us on counter attacks.

Positives for City: they absolutely crushed us in recent seasons on their pitch although it's more a statistical fact than a thing which has anything in common with current alignment of forces. I don't think our team in current state will have any problems with mentality.
Also Aguero scored a lot against us and currently is in good form. Still our defence totally put him in the pocket in the 1st match on WHL. Anyway it will be a first big test for Wimmer.

Considering everything I mentioned, I will be a bit upset if we manage to draw although it won't be the end of the world and will be ok for our CL spot challenge. But to hold on with our title credentials we absolutely need to win and I'm sure our team is fully capable of it. We can be easily 2 points away from the top on Sunday evening as I can't see Leicester producing another miracle result, against scum this time (likely they will loose).

Put ~£10p bet on us (-1), 13/2 odds. That's how confident I am.

Very interesting to see who Poch chooses as our fullbacks.
COYS!!!

Last edited:
The only areas of concern I have are Sterling and Aguero. Sterling can be nullified, Aguero will absolutely get one or two chances and we just have to hope he is off-target, Hugo gets there or someone throws a block in; players like that don't go the entire match silent. Kompany would be a massive risk for them, and if they play DeMichaelis and Ottamendi, I expect us to absolutely fudging take them early doors. I would like a savage roar from the KO, as I think we could again catch them cold.

I'd rather Silva be back than Kompany. We can hold them, but will be much harder to break them down with Kompany in the side.

He's slow on the turn these days. I think he would get done personally. I think we will win several free-kicks in dangerous positions and hope Eriksen is up for banging one of them in.

A bit concerned about this game for one reason. I remember the game vs City when we were 3rd a couple of years back. IMHO Balotelli's winner for them post Ledley's 'foul' or 'tackle' was an heart breaker and responsible for our collapse. May the Spurs win and revenge that day.

I hate posting stuff like that But take out Aguero and who really scares you with City anymore, their next best player is Hart, forget the Leicester game, they were lucky to beat sunderland before. There's no doubt the Guardiola thing is a big distraction to the players, they don't know who they're playing for now.
Oh Mr. B, what have you done!?

Injuries for them on hand make this a game we could realistically say will be our best chance to win away at a 'top 4' side for ages and put our name in lights.
On the other hand though, they have just been d!cked by Leicester at home and don;t tend to lose two home games on the spin.

I also think the result of the Arsenal-Leicester game earlier may have a huge baring on how important it is (esp for them) to win or at least not lose.

For me it's a must-not-lose game, but hopeful of a win.

COYS

Do they have the strength of mind in the remaining players to really WANT to get revenge on us for earlier in the season and the Leicester result, especially with the manager going.

I think there is a big question about their mentality.

Do they have the strength of mind in the remaining players to really WANT to get revenge on us for earlier in the season and the Leicester result, especially with the manager going.

I think there is a big question about their mentality.

I think at this stage it's more a question of quality. They'd paid big bucks for mostly average players. That's been due to having deep pockets but not much of a 'name'/'brand' beyond the PL so they've often been fleeced when the really top players have said 'no thanks.'

Of course this will likely all change when Pep joins, sadly

This thread needs balance. Writing City off is dangerous as on their day they are more than capable of destroying the opposition. It's true that we have some advantages going into the game, thier form, injuries and the Guardiola factor are going to affect them, but if you offered me a point now I'd take it happily.

Back