• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Emirates Marketing Project

Come on fellas. Why do we even bother to watch this game if we don't believe we have a chance. We'll win this and it'll make up for the disappointing West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine defeats

-------------------------Lloris
Walker----------Kaboul------Vertonghen---------Naughton
-----------------Sandro---------------Chriches-------
-------Lamela--------------Holtby-------------Townsend
---------------------------Ade or Kane-------------

Come on fellas. Why do we even bother to watch this game if we don't believe we have a chance. We'll win this and it'll make up for the disappointing West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine defeats

Well it would certainly make up for one of them. I always say home defeats like those two are 3pts you can never get back..unless you can pick up 3pts somewhere you wouldnt expect. City away is one of those games.

Sadly, so far this season the only games we have won. have been matches I would hope we would win anyway, we havent IMO won a game I didnt expect us to.
Next Sunday would be a great time to start bucking that trend, but in all fairness their home record is excellent and I cant us springing any surprises.

It'll take more than that to make up for the West Ham debacle. That wasn't disappointing it was embarrassing.

What perceived better teams have we played away? Arsenal? We lost. I don't like what I'm seeing, home or away, so I want us to try something different, my team gets the better players(as charlietheyid would say) into the side and it gets Soldado some company without leaving us outnumbered centrally.

Yeah, we lost one game away to home against he league leaders by one goal without getting outplayed. That invalidates my argument?

We have been more impressive away from home than at home and we have been more impressive against better teams than against smaller teams overall this season and last. Do you disagree?

I am in a bit of quandry of what I would do for City to be fair. I think the system we have been playing is perfect in terms of nullfying them and nicking a goal ourselves. The main issue I have with it is that if we go one down in this game we will struggle to get back into it playing that way but potentially it is the best way to start and see how far we go at 0-0 or before conceding (if we do).

Under the auspices of 'audere est facere', I am tempted to have a go at City as I feel that if we can isolate Clichy and Zabaleta with our wide players then we can really have some fun when they have no Kompany to come over and sweep up. To that end, I want to play 4-4-1-1 which might allow us to go 4-5-1 if we need to in terms of packing the midfield but retaining our wide pace. I would try Townsend left in order to play Lennon on the right and get behind the full backs.

Again, a little unsure as to who to play behind the forward. He hasn't played that well this season but I think Dembele would be best. My reasoning is that he looks better a little further forward with less traffic to get through and he can drop back in and counter the performance of Yaya Toure with his athleticism.

-------------------------Lloris---------------------------

Walker--------Dawson---------Kaboul---------Vertonghen

Lennon-------Sandro----------Paulinho---------Townsend

----------------------Dembele--------------------------

----------------------Soldado--------------------------

Gonna go with an entertaining and creditable 2-2 draw for this game, which is a good point all told.

Yeah, we lost one game away to home against he league leaders by one goal without getting outplayed. That invalidates my argument?

We have been more impressive away from home than at home and we have been more impressive against better teams than against smaller teams overall this season and last. Do you disagree?

Well you stated that one of AVB's strengths is how we fare away to the perceived better sides, we've only played one perceived better side away this season and we lost. Last season we lost away to City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton, so one outstanding win away to Utd aside, I don't really see how it can be described as one of his strengths. As for the other points yes I think we've been better away than at home but only by virtue of us being absolutely horrible at home, I wouldn't say any of our away performances this season have been all that convincing. If we play with the same system and/or team, all I see is a loss, probably a narrow loss like 1-0 or 2-1 but a loss nonetheless, so I'd try something different.

I can see us doing well here on the counter attack.
These are the games our current tactics are suited to.

But we will struggle with Nasri or Silva getting into the space between Walker and Dawson.

Well you stated that one of AVB's strengths is how we fare away to the perceived better sides, we've only played one perceived better side away this season and we lost. Last season we lost away to City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton, so one outstanding win away to Utd aside, I don't really see how it can be described as one of his strengths. As for the other points yes I think we've been better away than at home but only by virtue of us being absolutely horrible at home, I wouldn't say any of our away performances this season have been all that convincing. If we play with the same system and/or team, all I see is a loss, probably a narrow loss like 1-0 or 2-1 but a loss nonetheless, so I'd try something different.

Sorry…I have to pick you up on this…context again if we could.

The Goons was with 10 men for 72 minutes…we threw the dippers game away (we were coasting) and further, we threw the junior dippers away (I think that was the last time we threw a game away like that all season)…City, yes, we lost that no doubt. But the others? Absolutely should've had at least 7 points from them. We are a much better side defensively this season, thus I think we will win up there.

Sorry…I have to pick you up on this…context again if we could.

The Goons was with 10 men for 72 minutes…we threw the dippers game away (we were coasting) and further, we threw the junior dippers away (I think that was the last time we threw a game away like that all season)…City, yes, we lost that no doubt. But the others? Absolutely should've had at least 7 points from them. We are a much better side defensively this season, thus I think we will win up there.

If you really want context. Then we really didn't deserve to beat United away. We were absolutely battered in the second half and our goal was protected by some invisible force (much like what happened to us on Sunday). Therefore if you take out this one rather fortunate result, we haven't actually beaten a top five team on their patch under AVB. So, I am not sure where you and Brain get your unshakeable confidence from! Hope we do win at the Etiad though, but it more a hope than a belief on my part.

I'll save my team predictions till Friday night, knowing spurs we'll pick up some more injuries before the week is out.

I'll save my team predictions till Friday night, knowing spurs we'll pick up some more injuries before the week is out.

---------HUGO---------
KW--VLAD---DAWS---VERT
--SANDRO--DEMBELE--PAULY-------
LAMELA-----------ANDROS (w/ EL and AT switching wings at times)
-------SOLDADO-------------

Come the **** on. If Sandro's not fit, Capoue in for him

-------------------------Lloris---------------------------

Walker--------Dawson---------Kaboul---------Vertonghen

----------------Sandro----------Holtby---------

Lennon-----------------Lamela--------------------Townsend

----------------------Soldado--------------------------

I'm not sure why but I'm finding myself looking more and more forward to this fixture. We usually do better away from home, we've done well at the Etihad previously and I think we have players that will suit us. I just think the extended time off will have done us good, I mean I don't think any of us will be able to predict our starting eleven which I think is a good thing, with Eriksen now missing it certainly makes it a bit exciting to see who will start, I honestly don't believe AVB will just simply throw Holtby there instead of him.

Lloris will be introduced back into the fold and I do think the back four picks itself, Walker, Dawson, Chiriches and Vertonghen will be the back four in my view, I mean if Kaboul is 100% fit and he feels he can play the 90 minutes then he HAS to come in for Chiriches in my view.

Likewise with Sandro if he is 100% fit, he starts, simple as that.

Back