• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Emirates Marketing Project

I was literally sitting next to their fans today in the lower tier. It was evident how much they hate us. Even now they are much more successful these days and have bigger fish to fry than us, they still hold on to that resentment from the cup final 30 years ago. Shows their small club mentality will never die.

I was literally sitting next to their fans today in the lower tier. It was evident how much they hate us. Even now they are much more successful these days and have bigger fish to fry than us, they still hold on to that resentment from the cup final 30 years ago. Shows their small club mentality will never die.

I've always found their hatred to be pantomime/the property of a few fat, deluded ****s, and that once the game is over they're decent. I have had some funny old away days in my time there…once at Maine Road I literally got thrown a tenner in coins LOL…mental…yeah, I've always left Eastlands hoarse!

My experience today. I couldnt see the game live so I avoided the score all day until I could get home and download it. Imagine how I watched this game play out in isolation.

I'm not even that surprised. I have never had any faith in our actual defence this season. I have said that playing a defensive midfield masked over some very suspect defenders at time. Dawson was awful like he can be against anyone with movement. Kaboul the same. Vertonghen has the hump every time he plays out the left and thinks he much better than he is. Walker was easily the best of them.
AVB made the wrong decisions during the match as usual. Sandro could do nothing once he was booked. He should have been subbed off. He pointlessly went 442 and then back again. He left Lennon on even after he did nothing for long periods while Townsend an actual goal threat on the break sat on the bench. Lamela was wasted on the left in a game that never suited him. How were Dawson and Kaboul allowed to play 90 minutes while they continually make mistakes. He subbed off players that didnt really do a lot wrong in Holtby and Soldado.

Really disappointed. Never thought the current team were capable of getting hammered 6-0. It has been a long long time since we got humiliated like this. Thought we had a very good defence this season. But this debacle puts a question mark over the defence again. You have to blame individual mistakes for this defeat. The entire defence were at fault for atleast one of the 6 goals conceded.

IMO, Kaboul was the main culprit for this defeat. He put undue pressure on Lloris by making that unnecessary back pass right from the kick off. In fact, 2 of the goals we conceded happened after Kaboul made those back passes to Lloris whose clumsy kicks put us in danger in both occasions. I always hate those back passes to the goalie and this is why. It puts undue pressure on goalies to handle those back passes. And Kaboul was also too slow to close down the player for their first goal. It was really stupid way to concede the goal that early. We were always fighting a losing battle from that moment onwards. Dawson and Vertonghen didn't do any better either. It was annoying the way Dawson got turned inside out for their 3rd goal. And Vertonghen has no excuse for letting that pass go through him for their 6th goal. In fact, I felt as if Vertonghen to stop thecould have done muc

Apart from the defensive mistakes, I think our attacks were a big let down as well. Disappointingly, Soldado didn't do anything of note. Nice to see both Lamela and Adebayor getting a chance to impress but they didn't look like scoring either. Both Lamela and Adebayor had 2 goal scoring chances which they wasted. Lamela really should have scored his chance when the score was just 0-1. He only had 1 player in front of him and could have dribbled past him. Instead his first time shot was too weak and off target. I think that was he turning point in the match. It could have changed the game and boosted our confidence if Lamela had scored. Similiarly, Adebayor should have scored his one-on-one chance to score after set up by Dembele. It would have been a nice debut goal for him and consolation goal for us. Instead Adebayor hit it straight at the goalie like he used to do always.

Disappointingly we got outclassed in mdfield. We completely let them dominate the midfield. Sandro and Paulinho simply couldn't stop their attacks. Sandro worked hard but just couldn't handle their constant pressure. Dembele did much better when he came on but it was too late by then. He did set up the chance for Adebayor with a nice dribbling skills. Lennon did well to set up the chance for Lamela in the first half but went missing after that. Thought Sigurdsson will come up with one of his long range goals but his only shot was too weak.

Hope we can somehow recover from this humiliating defeat. Disappointingly, we are now winless and score less in 3 league matches. The pressure is really on AVB now. Hope he can do something and get us back into winning mood again.

...and just to make it worse, City slaughtered us without their three best players: Hart, Kompany and Silva. They scored 6 and could have had 10. They missed at least 4 good chances. Lets be grateful for small mercies.

Indeed, good on Vlad. Can see why he is captain of his national team with that esprit de corps. =D>

Still dunno why he didn't play yesterday.

EDIT: Forgot about the broken nose but surely if he was able to be named amongst the subs then he could've started.

Last edited:
Why he was left out for Kaboul is behond me.

I have to say, in all honesty, I would've picked Kaboul based on his physicality and speed. I honestly felt that Negredo needed some marshalling, but in the event Younes had an absolute nightmare.

Chiriches is a wonderful, wonderful player, and LONG-TERM I hope that we see a partnership of him and Verts. Two cultured footballers who are far tougher than they look…

In hindsight (of course!) you are 100% correct!!!!

Here's a short clip of the players in the Emirates Marketing Project tunnel after the 6-0 humiliation..

Good on Vlad Chiricheș ( think it's him ) for showing camaraderie .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/poor-old-roberto-soldado-recreates-2849734

Chiricheș was waiting awkwardly for his Romanian teammate Pantilimon.

The whole thing is worth a watch.
[video=youtube;dqyiWjC86hk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqyiWjC86hk[/video]

The Adebayor bits are great. You can see what a character he really is. AVB trying to tap up Kompany in there as well.

I have to say, in all honesty, I would've picked Kaboul based on his physicality and speed. I honestly felt that Negredo needed some marshalling, but in the event Younes had an absolute nightmare.

Chiriches is a wonderful, wonderful player, and LONG-TERM I hope that we see a partnership of him and Verts. Two cultured footballers who are far tougher than they look…

In hindsight (of course!) you are 100% correct!!!!

I was shocked that Kaboul was playing when I saw the team, I admit I don't rate Kaboul but Chiriches would have dropped deeper and played behind Daws, both Dawson and Kaboul sell themselves too easily, stupid management, while I am moaning Paulie looks totally knackered surely we can give him a rest.

Mourinho: 'It's better to lose one game 6-0 than lose six games 1-0. Spurs can still be title contenders.'

Gary Neville: Tottenham lack intensity and balance and need a proper No. 10 | Football News | Sky Sports
Tottenham must improve their 'big-game mentality' in order to end their current slump, says Gary Neville.

Andre Villas-Boas' men were thrashed 6-0 at Emirates Marketing Project on Super Sunday, have failed to score in their previous three Premier League games and slipped to ninth in the table. Speaking on Monday Night Football, Neville criticised Spurs' meek beginning to the game at the Etihad Stadium and their decision to play the ball back to goalkeeper Hugo Lloris from the kick-off.

The former Manchester United full-back also panned the Londoners' defensive set-up and feels that, unless they play with 'intensity' and find a support striker capable of both assisting and rippling the net, they will struggle to impact towards the top of the division.

"Tottenham created a lot of their own problems against Emirates Marketing Project through mentality and 'sluggishly' is the word I would use to describe how they started," said the Sky Sports analyst. "Five of Tottenham's back six weren't ready for it - some were tying their laces and some were playing with their socks at the kick-off - and they ended up passing the ball back to the goalkeeper, which is a pet peeve of mine.

"I am unashamed in saying I don't like playing backwards - at Manchester United the ball would go to Paul Scholes and it would get passed into a right-wing position. "It is wrong to have the ball on the halfway line and give the ball back to your goalkeeper in a big game away from home and it is wrong to suggest you start a game any other way than playing forward. "You must play with intent and so the mentality Tottenham showed was really poor."

Neville continued: "Tottenham's full-backs [Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen] were also too high considering they were playing with Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul, who you wouldn't want to leave one-on-one. "It's okay if you've got Ronald Koeman and Franz Beckenbauer as your centre-backs and you can play out like the best team in the world, but you've got to adapt your philosophy to your players and the situation you are in.

"This philosophy is from a perfect-world, utopian coaching manual, not reality, and they have square pegs in round holes, too. "Lewis Holtby is not a number 10, neither is Gylfi Sigurdsson and while Christian Eriksen may be, if he was you wonder why none of the top European clubs have picked him up over the last couple of seasons. "Number 10s for top clubs need to score 10 goals and set up 10-15 goals a season and at the moment I don't see a goal threat, while there is also a lack of balance in this team - but it's still early and Spurs are in touching distance."

"Towards the end of my career, going to White Hart Lane became my toughest away game because they moved it like you were in a pinball machine and at that speed you couldn't organise things defensively - but that pace isn't there now."
Jamie Carragher

Back