• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Emirates Marketing Project

I don't want to see Friedel, Dembele, Holtby or Sigurdsson starting. In fact I'd be quite disappointed.

If Kaboul and Sandro are fit, they start. Simple as that.

I don't want to see Townsend starting also. He has started our last 10 league matches but only has one lucky goal and no assist to his name. This despite him having 25 shots on goal. I am convinced Townsend is one of the main reason why we are lacking in goals so far. Steve McMahon said on FoxSports that Townsend is vastly over rated and I have to agree. He still has not done enough to start every league match. The fact Lamela has more assist(1) than Townsend despite never starting a league match proves Lamela needs to start ahead of Townsend now.

Among the midfielders, only Paulinho has started more league matches than Townsend as he has played in all the 11 matches. IIRC, I read somewhere Paulinho has wasted more goal scoring chances than most players in the league. I think AVB should consider dropping Paulinho to try other players in his place.

I've been critical of Townsend, but this is one game where I really think he should start.

He's shown against Cole that he can cause problems for very good full backs, certainly better full backs than Clichy. This is a game where we're likely to see a pretty open game with some real counter attacking opportunities and somewhat likely a high pressing opponent at least at times. There will be space to run into and we'll be attacking on the break. Seems like the perfect game conditions for Townsend, unlike some of our recent fixtures he's been involved in.

I'd actually love to see Townsend on the left for a bit, with Lamela on the right.

I think with Townsends pace, trickery and decent left peg we'd get good service into the box. He can also shoot with his right, so would give us that option too.

I'd actually love to see Townsend on the left for a bit, with Lamela on the right.

I think with Townsends pace, trickery and decent left peg we'd get good service into the box. He can also shoot with his right, so would give us that option too.

We have been hoping for that for the last 10 matches. But Townsend has not delivered. Not sure we can afford to keep hoping for Townsend to make an impact for us. I think we need to drop him now and give someone else a chance to prove his worth. I think AVB is at a stage where the impatient fans can easily turn against him. He needs to make some drastic changes to try to improve us.

We have been hoping for that for the last 10 matches. But Townsend has not delivered. Not sure we can afford to keep hoping for Townsend to make an impact for us. I think we need to drop him now and give someone else a chance to prove his worth. I think AVB is at a stage where the impatient fans can easily turn against him. He needs to make some drastic changes to try to improve us.

But he's been on the right?

Townsend has to start on the left with Lamela on the right- cant see why AVB hasn't tried this yet. Yes siggy has been good but why not start him behind sold ado?

Gotta play 433 with sandro capoue if fit and either dembele or Pauli preferably pauly though to match up with Emirates Marketing Project

Townsend has to start on the left with Lamela on the right- cant see why AVB hasn't tried this yet. Yes siggy has been good but why not start him behind sold ado?

Gotta play 433 with sandro capoue if fit and either dembele or Pauli preferably pauly though to match up with Emirates Marketing Project

Sig is not enough of a creator to play in the hole IMO, not while we have Eriksen and Holtby at least.

Also don't think throwing Capoue in for a start will do us much good, he needs more game time first, an injury so soon after the summer break will have been a major setback for his fitness.

------------Lloris-----------
Walker-Dawson-Kaboul-Verts
-----Paulinho--Sandro------
Lennon----Eriksen-Townsend
----------Soldado-----------

Would be my team.

Ideally Verts would play in the centre as he is our most intelligent CB, but in Dawson and Kaboul we have a pair of excellent penalty box defenders who know each other well, with Kaboul also possessing excellent pace, which should do for this game.

My main reservation with playing Lamela is that he will not offer enough defensively, although he has looked better than I expected in this regard. Instead I would pick Lennon whose defensive qualities are a secret to no one, while the combo of he and Townsend would be a real threat on the break in a game such as this where we might expect the opposition to pin us back. Having an out-ball on either flank rather than just 1 could be vital at either end of the pitch and will help peg back the City defense, hopefully allowing Eriksen more time on the ball to cut them open.

Just like we did against Everton...when we couldn't handle Lukaku...hang on....

No need for pessimism, it's going to be a tough game, no doubt, but no reason why we should be scared. Emirates Marketing Project aren't an invincible.

Yes I know it's early, but anything to get us off the subject of Sundays disaster

Big game for both clubs and by no means an easy game, City a team who score gaols for fun at home, against a pretty mean Spuds defence, should be interesting

Will Silva and the rest of the injured (Komps excepted) be back?

Kick off is 13:30 by the way and it's followed by Cardiff Vs Rags

All in here please

Just a note to the resident Tottenham Fans (who in general are good bunch of lads) you are welcome to post in this thread (normal rules apply) just don't post any graphs and statistics please ;-)

3 points a must, as always.

Difficult game I predict with AVB setting them up not to concede at all.

Would have been confident about a result with Silva in the team, but unsure now. I'm predicting a fustrating 1-1

Dreaded the Sunderland game a good few weeks before it, dreading this game as well now.

hope spurs dont park the bus....................but of course they will, see if we've mastered how to play against that dark art yet

Can't see us suddenly playing well away against spurs especially after an international.

2-1 spurs with the winning goal inevitably being yet another unplayable speculative long ball.

This record of so many consecutive home games scoring is going to come to an end, eventually!

Just hope it's not against the Spuds - if it has to be, then let's hope for a nil-nil (a clean sheet for a reinstated Hart would be a nice bonus and a small consolation!)

The way the season is going I'm not as confident as I should be. That said, it's at home, and we are better than them, so anything short of a win will be completely unacceptable. AVB will set up to defend, and although Spurs couldn't score in a brothel, I expect their misfiring penalty king to score against us.

City 3 - Spurs -1

Hope it's more though, would love to rack up a few goals against them, just to **** with you know who's stats.

we couldn't defend in a ****ing fortress

It's funny how you English perceive sports, in the US if your team is 2 games (6 points) out of first you are happy. We are at the quarter-pole of the season and we are down 6 points, we can win the championship. Kompany will likely only miss one more game and Joe will get back to form. The gooners are playing well but we have 2 games against them, we can win at home and draw on the road. This is the first season I've really been into BPL and City (thanks to the US NBC TV contract!) and many of you may well know that 6 points at this point is insurmountable, but I'm optimistic. Our road woes will straighten up and we will win the title. Plus we are through the champions league group stage, so be happy, we are CITY, the greatest team in all the land and the title is ours to lose!

We have to win. It's that simple. Anything less now is just not good enough.

its not important, we`re in the last 16 of the Champions league .

Field the strongest XI and get things back on track. Its a long campaign and other clubs will invariably have dips in form, I still believe the squad is still gelling to Pellers tactics and ideas. Playing for Mancini for over 2 years and expecting them to break those habits and mentalities in 3 months is harsh.

Whoever loses this game can forget about winning the BPL for another year :).

It's funny how you English perceive sports, in the US if your team is 2 games (6 points) out of first you are happy. We are at the quarter-pole of the season and we are down 6 points, we can win the championship. Kompany will likely only miss one more game and Joe will get back to form. The gooners are playing well but we have 2 games against them, we can win at home and draw on the road. This is the first season I've really been into BPL and City (thanks to the US NBC TV contract!) and many of you may well know that 6 points at this point is insurmountable, but I'm optimistic. Our road woes will straighten up and we will win the title. Plus we are through the champions league group stage, so be happy, we are CITY, the greatest team in all the land and the title is ours to lose!

The Yank is a wise one. Only 5 points off the top is a good position to be in.

Whoever loses this game can forget about winning the EPL for another year

He's right about that as well.

Last edited:
I was wrong about AVB last time out. I was sure that he would star Lamela, and I think he should have. This time I really hope AVB sees sense and plays Lamela.

I was wrong about AVB last time out. I was sure that he would star Lamela, and I think he should have. This time I really hope AVB sees sense and plays Lamela.

He'll start Lennon who's spend the last week training with him and not Lamela who's spend the last week in the US.

Back