• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 2/3) ***

It is great to be in the CL semi final for the first time ever ! This is historic as this will be the first time we are in the semi finals of CL/EC since 1962 ! It was a really tense match until it was over. Never thought we would concede 4 goals or score 3 goals against Emirates Marketing Project away ! Thought this match would be tight with only a few goals scored. Instead it was a rude shock to see 5 goals scored so early in the match. Both the defences were surprisingly poor and there could have been more goals if the game had gone into extra time. Fortunately for us, we got the referee and VAR decisions in our favour ! Was worried when Emirates Marketing Project scored first but when Son scored 2 goals to make it 2-1 in the match, thought we would win it comfortably. Instead it became topsy turvy as we then conceded 4 goals to trail 2-4. Thought we would lose and go out but then Llorente came up with the crucial goal. Just when it appeared the match would end that way, the stupid error by Eriksen allowed them to score in injury time. Fortunately for us, it was ruled offside. Eventually, our only goal in the first leg proved to be the decider. But if we had scored more goals in the first leg, it would not have been this tense in the second leg.

Credit to Son and Llorente for our crucial goals. Son played well and took both his goal well, especially the second goal. Maybe Son should have done better with his chance in injury time as well. But despite scoring our crucial third goal, Llorente still looked clumsy. Llorente really should have scored from the header, just before they scored their 4th goal. Even his goal came off his hip ! With Son now suspended for the semi final first leg, let's hope Llorente will do better in that match. Eriksen assisted Son's second goal but still feeling annoyed with his stupid blunder which almost cost us the match in injury time ! Thought Alli and Moura would have a huge impact but they had a quiet match, especially Alli.

Our midfield had a mixed match. Wanyama and Sissoko played well in patches but also struggled to contain the Emirates Marketing Project attack at times. Was worried when Sissoko went off injured in the first half. But credit to Wanyama for working extra hard to help our midfield in the second half. Thought it was the right decision to replace the injured Sissoko with Llorente instead of the inexperienced Skipp. I think Skipp would not have handled the pressure of playing in such an important match.

Emirates Marketing Project were always going to throw the kitchen sink at us in this match. But never thought our defence would concede 4 goals. Lloris, Alderweireld and Vertonghen worked very hard but others made too many errors. Trippier was the biggest culprit as he failed to cover properly for 2 of their goals. But due credit to Trippier for his perfect corner which helped Lloring scoring our third goal. Also felt Rose should have done better for their second goal as well. Maybe Alderweireld too should have stopped the shot instead of ducking for their first goal. Credit to Lloris for pulling off a few crucial saves that kept us in the game.

After the way we started the CL campaign poorly this season, never thought we would be in the semi final ! It is a great achievement considering we had to play against tough teams like Barcelona, Inter, PSV, Borussia Dortmund and Emirates Marketing Project to be in the semi final. I think we have a fair chance of progressing further as we are probably on the same level as Ajax, as long as we don't get complacent ! Let's hope we will make the most of our chance and go all the way to win the CL this season !

According to this guardian writer goals like stetlings should stand because its marginally offside so no really advantage
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-city-spurs-champions-league-quarter-final

So as the attacker is usually facing the goal, or at least half turned that way, but the defender is facing away from the goal that's fair?
Fudge me they are slowly turning this around to city being robbed.
Defoe would be a legend with those rules not henry

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

was trying to explain to a Gooner in the pub yesterday who thought that Eriksen passed it back so city player couldnt be offside, that it had been last touched by a city player and if he hadn't touched the ball would have gone to Davies and that Aguerio was coming back from an offside position, he then thought it was not an intentional pass from the city player so shouldn't matter, I then pointed out that he had said that it didn't matter than Llotette hadn't meant to touched ball is was still handball' His response was we have all the luck.
thanks. I need that. getting a lot of spurs is lucky retrospective today from buddies

I really like De Bruyne as a player but as a person there's something abrasive about him.

So seeing him shout 'This is our house' after Aguero's goal made me happier to see him get his comeuppance. That'll teach him not to pose with Drake for pictures!

It’s a really simple thing with him

Gingers shouldn’t grow beards...

thanks. I need that. getting a lot of spurs is lucky retrospective today from buddies

We did get a bit of luck in some respect but who gives a flying....You need a bit of luck to win a cup competition. Did you see City complaining when they beat Swansea with goals that blatantly shouldn’t of stood and them fortunately not having VAR at that stadium? No, so stuff them....

was trying to explain to a Gooner in the pub yesterday who thought that Eriksen passed it back so city player couldnt be offside, that it had been last touched by a city player and if he hadn't touched the ball would have gone to Davies and that Aguerio was coming back from an offside position, he then thought it was not an intentional pass from the city player so shouldn't matter, I then pointed out that he had said that it didn't matter than Llotette hadn't meant to touched ball is was still handball' His response was we have all the luck.
Well there's your first mistake right there.

We did get a bit of luck in some respect but who gives a flying....You need a bit of luck to win a cup competition. Did you see City complaining when they beat Swansea with goals that blatantly shouldn’t of stood and them fortunately not having VAR at that stadium? No, so stuff them....

We didn't get lucky, both decisions were correct. Losing Kane half way through the first game and Sissoko half an hour into the second, is not getting lucky.

We didn't get lucky, both decisions were correct. Losing Kane half way through the first game and Sissoko half an hour into the second, is not getting lucky.
I said we got a bit of luck in some respect because whilst they were correct decisions Llorente handball one could easily of been given by another ref(especially if had seen the angle not shown to him) and even the offside was extremely close. Not everyone agrees that the Llorente decision was the correct one even if we do, it is very much a judgement call. Oh and try telling Eriksen he didn’t get lucky:D....

Good point about City benefiting from VAR in the first game. How important was Hugo's save (or Aguerro's useless effort)? A save worth £20 million probably, plus the unquantifiable cost of giving millions of Spurs fans a feel good factor unlike any other in recent times. The fact that our night was so close to failure - seconds away from failure - before VAR restored the victory, just makes it so much more astonishing. And utterly hilarious :)

Indeed Milo. Opposition fans banging on about how much we must love VAR and how it's ruining the game are chatting bollcoks if this is the game they really choose to reference for it. It played a significant part in a game which otherwise might have been ruined if it wasn't for VAR. But all decisions were correct.

One of the best aspects about VAR is the art of defending was once to risky to be performed correctly. Deciding to play the offside trap was too risky because you were relying on the human eye alone and one officials interpretation of the offside law over another.

Now, you're still relying on an officials interpretation of the rule (which really does need clarifying once and for all) but at least blatantly obvious offsides like the other night are now caught.

We defended well and were rightly rewarded for it.

Good point about City benefiting from VAR in the first game. How important was Hugo's save (or Aguerro's useless effort)? A save worth £20 million probably, plus the unquantifiable cost of giving millions of Spurs fans a feel good factor unlike any other in recent times. The fact that our night was so close to failure - seconds away from failure - before VAR restored the victory, just makes it so much more astonishing. And utterly hilarious :)

Oh please GHod let it be 'New sexy'

Back