• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 2/3) ***

nelson.jpg

My son just told me the dutch league have postponed Ajax matches during the SF period to allow them to be ready for them, just like the greed league and Sky!!!!

Telling my dad about last night, (it was him that made a spurs fan when he told me when I was a nipper about seeing the double winning side at ibrox it they were the best team he ever saw) he said it sounded like a tie rangers had in 72 when the ref made a hash of the away goals rule and they nearly got knocked out because of it but wentt onto to win it.
He thinks its an omen, bless him.

I'm still grinning! Yesterday, when sterling looked to have scored the winner, I was livid and smashed a half full can of beer on the table, beer flying everywhere. When it got disallowed, I was om my knees, licking the beer off the floor! What an epic Rollercoaster ride of emotions!
Had to watch it again tonight. What a game!

This is why I love Spurs! We're in the fudging semi of the Champions League, and we're going to Amsterdam! Mind you, we won't be the only ones to experience a semi in Amsterdam :p

Telling my dad about last night, (it was him that made a spurs fan when he told me when I was a nipper about seeing the double winning side at ibrox it they were the best team he ever saw) he said it sounded like a tie rangers had in 72 when the ref made a hash of the away goals rule and they nearly got knocked out because of it but wentt onto to win it.
He thinks its an omen, bless him.

I like those pre season friendlies we use to play against Rangers and Celtic, went up to Scotland to visit family and see Cup winners cup game against Rangers in 1962 but game got postponed due to fog, the next season we had an other game in cup called off for fog against United.

Yes they did, Mackay, Baxter, Johnstone, Law ,White, Henderson etc.
Often wondered if you were at the home leg, my dad was a merchant seaman and I'm sure he was at both games because he was traveling through London on the way home from a trip.
He says the press up here expected rangers to beat us quite comfortably at ibrox and were astounded when they didn't.

I shouldn't bother, of course, but I came over this, where Craig Burley says Llorente's goal should've been chalked off "due to the new handball rules".

... but mr Burley and the whole team of pundits are forgetting one important detail - the rule isn't fudging active yet! It's from next season onwards, you fudging retards.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47429316

(the handball rules are becoming more absurd by the minute, by the way - ffs, we all know what should and shouldn't be handball - just go back to it having to have been deliberate, for fudge's sake)

Often wondered if you were at the home leg, my dad was a merchant seaman and I'm sure he was at both games because he was traveling through London on the way home from a trip.
He says the press up here expected rangers to beat us quite comfortably at ibrox and were astounded when they didn't.

I was at the home leg which we won easy 5-2, i was only a kid but what i do remember was Jimmy scoring direct from a corner. We also won the away leg but my old man would not let me travel up for that one.

According to this guardian writer goals like stetlings should stand because its marginally offside so no really advantage
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-city-spurs-champions-league-quarter-final

So as the attacker is usually facing the goal, or at least half turned that way, but the defender is facing away from the goal that's fair?
Fudge me they are slowly turning this around to city being robbed.

Yeah went to all night home games back then, was a great game end to end stuff, remember listening to game in Scotlnad on radio sounded like Rangers were going to score all the time, went on to win ECWC that year, beat some very good teams.

I shouldn't bother, of course, but I came over this, where Craig Burley says Llorente's goal should've been chalked off "due to the new handball rules".

... but mr Burley and the whole team of pundits are forgetting one important detail - the rule isn't fudging active yet! It's from next season onwards, you fudging retards.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47429316

(the handball rules are becoming more absurd by the minute, by the way - ffs, we all know what should and shouldn't be handball - just go back to it having to have been deliberate, for fudge's sake)
a) I heard the new rules come into place on the day of the Champions League Final, for some stupid reason. Won't affect Spurs anyway though...eh?

b) The ball skimmed Toby's head, skimmed Kompany's head and brushed Llorente's arm gently (which was tucked down at his side) and the ball then bounced off his hip into the net.
There was no way Llorente could have reacted in time to move it, nor known what would happen, so the goal should stand whatever. It was such a tiny touch from his arm, then a whack from his hip

Back