• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 2/3) ***

• Emirates Marketing Project trail 1-0 after losing the first leg against Tottenham; of the 32 previous occasions of a side losing the first leg of a two-legged Champions League tie 1-0 away from home, 10 went on to progress (31%).
    • In European competition, Emirates Marketing Project have lost all five of their previous matches against fellow English clubs, including all three in the Champions League.
    BELIEVE

One away goal for us is huge, must be the early target!

I think the first twenty minutes should be controlled, but equally, I can imagine the shock for Emirates Marketing Project if we come flying out of the traps and try to do them. we won't though as it would be suicidal IMO. Although with Delph at LB anything is possible...plus would you bet against Walker gaffing?

I think the first twenty minutes should be controlled, but equally, I can imagine the shock for Emirates Marketing Project if we come flying out of the traps and try to do them. we won't though as it would be suicidal IMO. Although with Delph at LB anything is possible...plus would you bet against Walker gaffing?

High press form the front 3
Force errors under pressure
Try to get high turnover ball
The rest of the team site deep and hold tight

High press form the front 3
Force errors under pressure
Try to get high turnover ball
The rest of the team site deep and hold tight
That would be a really bad idea imo. Ederson and their defenders well bypass a three man press easily if the rest of the team sits deep. The front three would run themselves into the ground pressing and getting back or City would get to attack against seven players and probably open us up repeatedly.

I think we should do what we did in the first game. Same formation, mostly the same players. Front two take out their deep midfielders, let their centre backs have the ball, press high in short bursts.

We will see the fruits of that Juve game last season IMO. Watch Poch work the sideline and officials, hope the players do too. I want us to be clamy if we need to be. Whatever it takes to win...COYS...

I pray you're right Steff. Super excited for this even though every bit of logic in me is saying it isn't likely we'll get what we need. Winks is going to be a big miss I think and I'm not sure our full backs and Hugo will get through another 90 against City without a mistake.

F**k it, heart is ruling the head today. 1-1 and the Spurs go marching on.

COYS.

That would be a really bad idea imo. Ederson and their defenders well bypass a three man press easily if the rest of the team sits deep. The front three would run themselves into the ground pressing and getting back or City would get to attack against seven players and probably open us up repeatedly.

I think we should do what we did in the first game. Same formation, mostly the same players. Front two take out their deep midfielders, let their centre backs have the ball, press high in short bursts.

I agree. The key is to deny space between the lines and to work as a very tight, compact and well organized unit. If they get the chance to platy between the lines they can tear teams apart. I don't think we will let them. I expect us to have to ride our luck, but I cannot see us not scoring...

Score one early doors, sit back and then counter to score two ...

Cloud cuckoo mate. Really can't see us committing too many forward early doors. Of course, a chance may present itself, a set piece perhaps. But by and large, I really don't think we'll look for an early goal.

More likely we'll try and soak up the early onslaught, break up their game where poss, slow down the tempo, keep the fans quiet etc. Then, if we can get to half-time still intact, try to get the goal in second half to kill their confidence.
Mind you, City seem to have a belief where they could need 3 goals in last 10 mins and still fancy themselves to get them!

Lloris
Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen
Trippier, Sissoko, Wanyama, Rose
Dele, Eriksen
Son

Gazzaniga, Foyth, Davies, Walker-Peters, Lamela, Lucas, Llorente

So should we be in a leading position come 70mins, our sub options to swamp the midfield and add some energy after Moussa and Wanyama have run their nuts off...is to bring on Oliver Skipp?!? (face palm)

I like Skippy. There's a player in there given time. But even against Hudds I felt he ran around like a headless chicken desperate to impress with a tackle, but largely exposing too much space around him as a result. Space which KdB and Silva will lap up!

Back