• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 1/3) ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's people complaining on twitter to the Trust about stewards throwing punches and kids crying.

There were kids crying yes. Although in fairness a lot of that might have been as much due to all the people shouting and swearing and gesticulating at the stewards as anything the stewards were actually doing.

I have a friend who is a Palace supporter and attended the Palace game in the away section. He said that they could literally touch the Spurs fans and that when we play Arsenal someone will get seriously injured

There's people complaining on twitter to the Trust about stewards throwing punches and kids crying.

Sorry vkn17 I was meaning people being thrown out for standing not clashes with City. More along the lines of Lenda's Legs/Modric THFC's account above. The segregation looks sound from our end.

From Jonathan Wilson in The GRauniad:

Guardiola effectively created the conditions for the game to become a physical battle.

That perhaps explains Fernandinho’s dropped elbow on Harry Kane. Whether it was deliberate only he can say for sure (although if it were an accident, it’s an unfortunate coincidence that he should follow it up immediately by catching Kane with his elbow again) but it is at least a curiosity that VAR has led to strict liability for the ball striking an elbow, but not for an elbow striking a head.

SPOT ON. And can anyone link me to the abundance of articles about UEFA taking another look at what Fernandinho did there. I can’t seem to find them.

Saving the penalty in THAT game in front of THAT stand in THAT stadium and hearing THAT roar.

fudge knows how Hugo must have felt!

For me it was a major point in the game, if we let that in we could either drop our heads and feel sorry for ourselves or desperately push on to try and get back in the game. Its going to be tough up there but if we show the same ability, commitment and mental strength anything is possible, we've gone to City before in a big game and delivered so why not now?

From Jonathan Wilson in The GRauniad:

Guardiola effectively created the conditions for the game to become a physical battle.

That perhaps explains Fernandinho’s dropped elbow on Harry Kane. Whether it was deliberate only he can say for sure (although if it were an accident, it’s an unfortunate coincidence that he should follow it up immediately by catching Kane with his elbow again) but it is at least a curiosity that VAR has led to strict liability for the ball striking an elbow, but not for an elbow striking a head.

SPOT ON. And can anyone link me to the abundance of articles about UEFA taking another look at what Fernandinho did there. I can’t seem to find them.

Email UEFA or better bung them 100k

Yeah I played and still do all be it five a side now
And I know some ex pros

That for me isn’t Delph leaving his foot in, where is he meant to put it after clearing the ball? He has every right to put it down on the floor

For me that’s Kane’s left foot sliding on the pitch trying to make a block. The pitch was partly to blame and Kane was just unlucky again in making a defensive challenge from the front

I agree they were targeting him at every opportunity but that happened so quick I don’t believe he could have planned it or calculated leaving his foot in...

Just to add Kane slipped in the start of his run too and wobbled slightly to the left. I think the pitch has big issues with grip at the moment

The slip did not help, but the shape that Delph went into that challenge with is (for
me) a style designed to leave something behind if necessary. If you are looking to win the ball cleanly there, your studs wouldn’t be remotely up. Harry’s weren’t.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I thought once Kane went off, we lost a lot. He was our focal point and our out ball and they really dominated the ball and the pitch but we defended well and got the breakaway.

That’s no reflection on Moura. Thought he did well but he’s not a centre forward. I’d look at Llorente for the return leg to be honest.

I’d also be worried about our defence and keeper. They were all magnificent last night but we know some of them have mistakes in them and two games without a mistake against this level of opposition will be tough. Added to that, City will be better next week.

We can still do it though. And, as someone else said, we have as much as we could have asked for at this point.

Certainly our game plan was wobbled.
Have to say, Llorente was really good when he came on. His first involvement saw some excellent hold-up work a great lay-off.

I feel we might well see him click in quickly
due to his work earlier this year.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back