• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 1/3) ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 20-30 minutes of the 2nd leg will hold they key imo. If we can settle in to the game, not concede early then they will lose confidence and we will gain it. Concede early and it's a totally different game.

We've given ourselves a chance and that's all we could really ask for.
This. It's going to be one hell of a match.

I'm almost tempted to wander over to the ground next Wednesday (it's not far) and see if I can get a ticket from a tout...but then, there's no way I'd want to be in amongst the Emirates Marketing Project fans for this one.

I saw one of our supporters last night chatting to bunch of stewards. He was saying that a lot of our fans were assaulted by the stewards and that he wanted to report it. This was right outside block 123 so I am assuming in happened around this area.

Does anyone know more about this?

Kane out is without doubt a massive blow for the 2nd leg, but I think Moura's cameo gave us a lot to be encouraged about. He ran at them, which Kane won't do and they really don't like that as Liverpool have shown.

Also.. Sissoko AGAIN! Player of the season for me!

I thought once Kane went off, we lost a lot. He was our focal point and our out ball and they really dominated the ball and the pitch but we defended well and got the breakaway.

That’s no reflection on Moura. Thought he did well but he’s not a centre forward. I’d look at Llorente for the return leg to be honest.

I’d also be worried about our defence and keeper. They were all magnificent last night but we know some of them have mistakes in them and two games without a mistake against this level of opposition will be tough. Added to that, City will be better next week.

We can still do it though. And, as someone else said, we have as much as we could have asked for at this point.

I saw one of our supporters last night chatting to bunch of stewards. He was saying that a lot of our fans were assaulted by the stewards and that he wanted to report it. This was right outside block 123 so I am assuming in happened around this area.

In the Paxton in and around 112 there was quite a lot of rough handling of fans by the stewards in the second half as they were trying to get people to sit down and a lot of arguing, shouting, etc. A number of fans were chucked out (presumably, they were strongly frogmarched out of the seats anyway). Hard to know exactly what happened but it looked unnecessarily heavy handed and random. There were plenty of people filming. One of the stewards was eventually ushered away by his colleagues.
My guess is something similar happened where you were.

I sit in Block 123 and can't say I saw anything untoward at any point last night

This. It's going to be one hell of a match.

I'm almost tempted to wander over to the ground next Wednesday (it's not far) and see if I can get a ticket from a tout...but then, there's no way I'd want to be in amongst the Emirates Marketing Project fans for this one.

I’ll let you know if we end up with a spare
We have 5 but one lad may have to go away with work

Its a credit to us that he felt he had to protect that first leg result and not play their usual game, Im not sure if thats him fetishing the 0-0 or having a genuine respect/fear of what could happen if he opened up against us.

It does mean though that we now have an advantage, and the knowledge we can go toe to toe with them - and the next game he has little choice but to open up. Could backfire in a big way.

Smart money says for us to play a compact game and counter on them. I think their defence isnt great and there will be space to run at them. Though thats not to say we sit deep and invite them on, that would be a very dangerous game to play.

They will of course HAVE to come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders. They will hope to get one or even two and have us rocking. If we can hold firm the first 20 minutes I think the balance of the game shifts to us the longer it goes on.

Should be interesting.
I think Pep overthinks two legged games, there’s no way they would have lined up like that in a league game or waiting until the last couple of minutes to make attacking subs. I’m not sure City have a real strategy as such, other than buy as many technical players as possible and rely on Fernandinho getting away with fouls along with dominating possession to avoid the weak defendence being exposed. He tried to drop Agüero for Jesus before reluctantly accepting he’s still their main man but luckily for us he didn’t seem 100% fit last night. I was also relieved to see De Bruyne on the bench, he really makes them tick when fit.

I expect UEFA will be 'investigating' the pitch invader.
Here's hoping that they don't 'put us in our place' by disqualifying us from competition if we happen to beat the Oil Barons.

I sit in Block 123 and can't say I saw anything untoward at any point last night

Looked like there was a bit of arguing with the stewards about standing in 123 (from the South Stand anyway). But it really seemed to kick off in the Paxton second half (block 113? - Next to the City fans). Saw at least 2 people being manhandled out.

The d!ck-head running on the pitch towards the end is a worry :mad:

Looked like there was a bit of arguing with the stewards about standing in 123 (from the South Stand anyway). But it really seemed to kick off in the Paxton second half (block 113? - Next to the City fans). Saw at least 2 people being manhandled out.

And it seemed to take an age for any stewards to react. I wonder if they are told to hold their positions as the game nears the end so as to prevent any larger pitch invasions at the final whistle.

I have a friend who is a Palace supporter and attended the Palace game in the away section. He said that they could literally touch the Spurs fans and that when we play Arsenal someone will get seriously injured

I have a friend who is a Palace supporter and attended the Palace game in the away section. He said that they could literally touch the Spurs fans and that when we play Arsenal someone will get seriously injured

I’d imagine they will simply segregate it differently for a NLD.

In the Paxton in and around 112 there was quite a lot of rough handling of fans by the stewards in the second half as they were trying to get people to sit down and a lot of arguing, shouting, etc. A number of fans were chucked out (presumably, they were strongly frogmarched out of the seats anyway). Hard to know exactly what happened but it looked unnecessarily heavy handed and random. There were plenty of people filming. One of the stewards was eventually ushered away by his colleagues.
My guess is something similar happened where you were.

There's people complaining on twitter to the Trust about stewards throwing punches and kids crying.

What a great night and a deserved result, if we can net one up there they will have to score 3 to beat us. Can they do it? of course they can but we are in with a good chance of making the semis. So many of our lads played well but Sissoko was everywhere and gets my vote for MOM. City seemed to me to set up ( and played for a draw) and that could be their downfall.

Its open boys and i can not wait for the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back