• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. CSKA Moscow***

So would you play the same 11 that started against Swansea?

Near enough...

Lloris (gives us confidence in what has been a shaky defence. He did sweet FA v Swansea and i see no reason to rest the captain who's been our best player in the CL.)

Rose (Davies injured)
Jan
Toby
(get them 90minutes together before United)
Trippier

Dier (give Wanyama a rest)
Winks

Son
(needs to continue a bit of form and gives us a goal threat for CSKA to worry about other than Kane)
Eriksen (as above, he's hitting form, plus we need the creativity through the middle)
Sissoko (rest Alli who hasn't coped well at all with the big time and pitch)

Kane (no Janssen)

Utilise the width and get Rose and Tripps bombing on. This time we have, in Kane, a target man with proper movement. He should feed off the space offered on that pitch.

Let's also not forget that CSKA need the win, we can take a point. That should allow for a more open game. I expect them to go for it and Poch could do without the further embarrassment and deflation of another defeat to finish bottom of the group right before a big game v United!!

Everyone harks on about you need CL to attract the players. Man U and Chelsea both outbid us when we were CL and they were not.
What chance do you think they'd have had if they'd not been in the CL for the last 10 years and we had?

Ask a player if he would like to retire with FA Cup and EL medals to show for their career, or the warm satisfaction of having finished in the top four on more than one occasion.
Ask a top player that and the answer you'd get is "The what cup?"

It may not have been set in stone 100%, but it seems to have been taken as read that the 'option' will be exercised. Levy is not one to show his hand until he has to, though. Perhaps if he thinks it is going to turn into an issue, we'll see other options revived. That could be quite interesting in itself.
I would just be very surprised if Poch didn't express some concerns about playing there for a whole season. I'm pretty sure Levy would listen to Poch regardless of the £££ involved....

I would just be very surprised if Poch didn't express some concerns about playing there for a whole season. I'm pretty sure Levy would listen to Poch regardless of the £££ involved....
As far as the PL goes you are only allowed one venue for all home games per season. Assuming WHL will be unavailable for at least part if not all of next season what are the realistic alternatives to Wembley? The OS? The Emirates? Twickenham? (Stadium MK is surely just a bargaining chip!).

As far as the PL goes you are only allowed one venue for all home games per season. Assuming WHL will be unavailable for at least part if not all of next season what are the realistic alternatives to Wembley? The OS? The Emirates? Twickenham? (Stadium MK is surely just a bargaining chip!).

The club confirmed we were playing there (Wembley next season) to talkSPORT immediately after the first CL game - the moose was talking about it on the radio like it was common knowledge and we were in the car thinking we ain't been told that.

The club confirmed we were playing there (Wembley next season) to talkSPORT immediately after the first CL game - the moose was talking about it on the radio like it was common knowledge and we were in the car thinking we ain't been told that.
To be fair I've just seen the Poch press conference and he talks about playing at Wembley so it seems a done deal. Let's hope we find our feet there soon....

Yeah,fair play it will happen!

Oh yeah of course, I forgot that. :oops:

If Spurs win tomorrow they will be seeded in the draw for the EL last 32. A draw against CSKA and we would be seeded provided that Sporting Lisbon don't win at Legia Warsaw.

Publicly, Pochettino's always been dismissive of the idea the venue might be a problem. I suppose you might say he would be, although personally, I think if there are going to be reservations in that direction, they're at least as likely to come from Levy himself.

Publicly, Pochettino's always been dismissive of the idea the venue might be a problem. I suppose you might say he would be, although personally, I think if there are going to be reservations in that direction, they're at least as likely to come from Levy himself.
Any venue would be a problem if you play a weakened team

If Spurs win tomorrow they will be seeded in the draw for the EL last 32. A draw against CSKA and we would be seeded provided that Sporting Lisbon don't win at Legia Warsaw.

I would like to see us not in the EL, just for one season to see how we fare in the league.

Not sure how to get motivated for this match. After the way we failed to progress to the next stage of the CL, not sure Pochettino and the players will even bother to turn up for this match. Ofcourse, we will need to get atleast a draw if we want to finish in 3rd place and qualifiy to the EL.

Frankly, want us to win, qualify to the EL and then try to win it. But after the way he treated CL lightly, don't think Pochettino will want to play in the EL. Let's hope we will play for our pride and win this match to qualify to the EL.

Can see Pochetttino resting most of our best 11 in this match. Will be very annoyed if he does so and plays all the youngsters instead. I think we should play our best players to let them feel the CL for one more time before making the exit. Besides we need to continue the winning form after beating Swansea.

Performance is not really important as long as we win this match. It will be great if we can get a big win like Swansea. Wish players like Janssen and Alli can get among the goal scorers. At the same time, want us to keep the clean sheet like against the away match against CSKA.

Reall thought we would do well in the CL this season. Too bad this match has less meaningful as how. Just wish we will go out of the CL by winning this match.

Back