• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. CSKA Moscow***

Very important pyschological victory needed. Must put Wembley hoodoo away. We've all seen how West Ham have failed playing away from Upton Park and it's an easy excuse for players to hang their hats on when things go wrong.

I'd like us to target the FA Cup and Europe. We would be the best team in the FA Cup (as no other top team fields a full strength side), and one of the best in the EL. Both would qualify us for Europe the following year. By prioritising them, we would lose a few league points, but should still be ok for at least 6th/7th.

Sacrilege sir, have you not got the memo that finishing among the losers ( top four) is the only thing that matters.

Sacrilege sir, have you not got the memo that finishing among the losers ( top four) is the only thing that matters.
Everyone harks on about you need CL to attract the players. Man U and Chelsea both outbid us when we were CL and they were not.

Ask a player if he would like to retire with FA Cup and EL medals to show for their career, or the warm satisfaction of having finished in the top four on more than one occasion. Fans have truly been brainwashed, and turned into sheep.

I think it's vital we stay in Europe and get more Wembley games under our belts, whether we end up in a final or not. If you're hoping we crash out tomorrow, all I can say is don't start moaning next season when we can't buy points at home.

Everyone harks on about you need CL to attract the players. Man U and Chelsea both outbid us when we were CL and they were not.

Ask a player if he would like to retire with FA Cup and EL medals to show for their career, or the warm satisfaction of having finished in the top four on more than one occasion. Fans have truly been brainwashed, and turned into sheep.

Yep.

I'd like us to target the FA Cup and Europe. We would be the best team in the FA Cup (as no other top team fields a full strength side), and one of the best in the EL. Both would qualify us for Europe the following year. By prioritising them, we would lose a few league points, but should still be ok for at least 6th/7th.

FA Cup and the league for me. FA is more achievable than the Europa and the league is our bread and butter, consolidating top 4 would represent a great season.

I think it's vital we stay in Europe and get more Wembley games under our belts, whether we end up in a final or not. If you're hoping we crash out tomorrow, all I can say is don't start moaning next season when we can't buy points at home.

Our average in the EL is last 16 usually so we'd only get two more games at Wembley anyway.

Even that ought to be better than nothing, although I thought we were supposed to be better than our average these days....

I'm just not sure the Premier League is conducive to being successful and also doing well in the EL as most of the teams from England that go far tend to struggle in the league. It's not so bad in leagues like Italy and Spain as there are a lot of Sunday games anyway and it's as physically demanding.

I'm just not sure the Premier League is conducive to being successful and also doing well in the EL as most of the teams from England that go far tend to struggle in the league. It's not so bad in leagues like Italy and Spain as there are a lot of Sunday games anyway and it's as physically demanding.

Yeah, I get that, but I'd worry more about us going into next season still carrying some sort of mental block about playing at Wembley. Strange things can happen.

Is it for definite we are playing at Wembley next season? I thought we just had the OPTION to play league games there next season, maybe Ive missed confirmation we will be playing there....

Apparently Janssen and Lamela the only absentees in training. Real shame for Janssen as he really needs game time.

Is it for definite we are playing at Wembley next season? I thought we just had the OPTION to play league games there next season, maybe Ive missed confirmation we will be playing there....

That's what I had understood as well. I'm fairly sure when CL at Wembley was announced for this season, it was also mentioned then that we had negotiated the "option" for 2017-2018. Although I interpreted the reason for it being an 'option' was just in case something drastic happened with the build and we weren't ready to move out - which seems unlikely now.

It may not have been set in stone 100%, but it seems to have been taken as read that the 'option' will be exercised. Levy is not one to show his hand until he has to, though. Perhaps if he thinks it is going to turn into an issue, we'll see other options revived. That could be quite interesting in itself.

Back