• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs CSKA Moscow***

We looked a little open against Monaco at midfield with Dele at CM. I would imagine that a Winks or Carroll would give us more control in those areas, but starting one of them would be a massive call by Poch. I think we need to get our strongest XI on the pitch for this massive game, so I think it'll be this. As long as Dele is disciplined, I think we should be fine (NOTE: I can't name a single CSKA player, so I have no idea what I'm talking about haha).

--------Hugo
Walker--TA--JV--Davies
---Wanyama--Alli---
Lamela--Eriksen--Sonny
-------Janssen--------

Hopefully then, Dier, Dembele and Rose will be fit for City.

--------------lloris
walker----toby----vert----davies
--------wanyama---alli
----lamela----eriksen----son
------------janssen

Alli will need to up his game in that deep position, but I think he can do it. He needs to be more disciplined, hopefully will learn from the Monaco game. I don't think Winks is ready for this kind of away trip, he might make the bench though.

Alli will need to up his game in that deep position, but I think he can do it. He needs to be more disciplined, hopefully will learn from the Monaco game. I don't think Winks is ready for this kind of away trip, he might make the bench though.

Winks and Alli are almost exactly the same age (2 months between them)

I appreciate though that Winks plays in a position where you need much more positional intelligence, which usually develops with age.

Worst possible timing for these injuries. Four of them are important players too, If we lose tomorrow, CL is likely to be over before it has has begun properly, although we can only blame ourselves for that defeat to Monaco.

I guess it will be the same team as against Boro, then, except Lamela in for Sissoko. It's not a bad team, but I worry it might be a bit too offensive and a bight lightweight in midfield. Hopefully, we will control the game and not have to defend too much.

Winks and Alli are almost exactly the same age (2 months between them)

I appreciate though that Winks plays in a position where you need much more positional intelligence, which usually develops with age.

They are a long way apart in experience though. I'm all for giving Winks more game time over the course of the season, but I think this is a bit too much pressure to put on him right now. Poch might surprise us, but I don't think he'll start him for that reason.

I suggested quietly! Celebrating inside when we score 9 :) Post your joy on here rather than scream it out!

Looks like a cost-effective nice stadium, steep banks of seating, intense atmosphere?
Yeah, I should behave myself if I want to watch it safely. But not sure I will be able to hide all my emotions. It's only 2nd CL game I've ever attended and obviously, the 1st one with Spurs.

I haven't been inside the stadium yet, but atmosphere should be good.
By the way, the tower which you can see on the photo is made similar to UEFA Cup (CSKA won it in 2005 and decided to use its model in their new stadium).

Worst possible timing for these injuries. Four of them are important players too, If we lose tomorrow, CL is likely to be over before it has has begun properly, although we can only blame ourselves for that defeat to Monaco.

I guess it will be the same team as against Boro, then, except Lamela in for Sissoko. It's not a bad team, but I worry it might be a bit too offensive and a bight lightweight in midfield. Hopefully, we will control the game and not have to defend too much.

I don't agree with that at all. If we win our remaining home games and pick up some points on the road, we will probably be fine.

Was it when Gibson scored that Sissoko got this head injury? I've watched the goal again, and there seems to be very little contact with Sissoko's head, if any.

I don't agree with that at all. If we win our remaining home games and pick up some points on the road, we will probably be fine.
73 teams have lost their first two games in the group stage. 7 of them have progressed, so I think I'm not wrong in saying that we are likely to go out if we lose tomorrow. If we win our remaining games or get three wins and a draw, we are still likely to go through, but doing that will be a tough task.

73 teams have lost their first two games in the group stage. 7 of them have progressed, so I think I'm not wrong in saying that we are likely to go out if we lose tomorrow. If we win our remaining games or get three wins and a draw, we are still likely to go through, but doing that will be a tough task.

I'm not saying it would be easy but it would be far too early to throw in the towel.

Ten points would've been enough to get through all but two groups last year. Basel got through on seven points! Win our remaining home games and we are well on our way to doing that.

Mauricio: "@ericdier and @mousadembele are recovering from minor problems. They are progressing but we prefer not to take a risk.

"We were disappointed after Monaco. We need to improve. We must win tomorrow. I'm not surprised by fans being at the airport to meet us - you can see the size of our club. You saw that at Wembley too."

Mauricio on @HKane: "We got scan results short while ago. It was much better than we thought. We're happy with it but we can't give a time."

To finish Mauricio was asked about hair: "@AlderweireldTob's is good, @ErikLamela too, some of them need improving but I leave that to you!"

Was it when Gibson scored that Sissoko got this head injury? I've watched the goal again, and there seems to be very little contact with Sissoko's head, if any.

Pretty sure he went down after he got hit a little later by one of their players in the middle of the pitch.

I'm not saying it would be easy but it would be far too early to throw in the towel.

Ten points would've been enough to get through all but two groups last year. Basel got through on seven points! Win our remaining home games and we are well on our way to doing that.
I am not saying that we should throw in the towel. I'm just saying that it will be very difficult. It is a tight group, though, at least on paper, and teams are likely to take points off each other. You might not need that many points to progess from this group.

i think its a very even group, quality wise and with that in mind those types of group tend to see the points spread out more

Likely be the same line up as against Boro with Lamela for Sissoko. We weren't half bad for an hour with that line up. Played Boro off the park, away in a northerly location. Boro were poor, but we didn't give them a foothold, which is why we were shattered after 65 mins. If we can play a similar game away tomorrow. But get into a tight defensive setup to see the game out second half, that would be impressive.

Back