• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace

Thought we were very comfortable. Didn't make me nervous at all. I was starting to worry that I'm changing as a Spurs fan. Always felt we had another gear if neccesary. If JD had buried his chance we would have had no last minute minor scare.

AVB will have to do something about defending those long crosses to the far post, did us a few times last season (Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Norwich spring to mind) or else we'll continue to suffer from them.

Only a top class Lloris save, stopped them equalising. There was other half chances. Truth be told, we won't reach the the CL playing like that. But its a new team, they should start to gel.

still the same problem as last season in creating good chances. Bale wouldnt have made a difference because we had the same problem with him in the side last season

overall a good solid 3 points and that is fantastic, plus a few things for the manager to work on. Well done everyone

Only a top class Lloris save, stopped them equalising. There was other half chances. Truth be told, we won't reach the the CL playing like that. But its a new team, they should start to gel.

Arsenal won't be getting CL football playing like they did on Saturday.

If we play like we did today away at teams like Crystal Palace or teams around that level and we manage to keep a cleansheet and all three points, we WILL get CL.

think we created enough chances, Defoe and Sig both missed sitters, if that had finished 4-0 palace would have had no complaints

all a bit first day back at school I thought, all the newbies impressed, looking promising

- Spurs completed 124 passes in the attacking third today, 67 more than Crystal Palace.

- Walker to Lennon (22) and Rose to Chadli (19) were the most used pass combinations in today's game.

- Walker (67), Dawson (53), Paulinho (48) and Chadli (41) completed more passes combined (209) than the entire West Ham team yesterday (208).#

- Walker completed more passes today (68) than Arsenal trio Giroud, Walcott & Cazorla managed yesterday (61).

- Paulinho completed 48 of the 53 passes he attempted in today's game.

- Danny Rose won 100% of the 4 tackles he attempted in today's game, he also attempted more take-ons (6) than any other player.

- Despite playing for just 33 minutes, Capoue made more interceptions (6) than any other player in today's game.

- Mousa Dembele had a 97% passing accuracy today.

- Passing stats: Walker 78 passes at 86% completion, Dawson 63 @ 84%, Paulinho 53 @ 91%, Chadli 47 @ 87%, Sig 43 @ 84%, Lennon 42 @ 88%.

-

- Walker completed more passes today (68) than Arsenal trio Giroud, Walcott & Cazorla managed yesterday (61).

- Paulinho completed 48 of the 53 passes he attempted in today's game.

- Despite playing for just 33 minutes, Capoue made more interceptions (6) than any other player in today's game.

- Mousa Dembele had a 97% passing accuracy today.

- Passing stats: Walker 78 passes at 86% completion, Dawson 63 @ 84%, Paulinho 53 @ 91%, Chadli 47 @ 87%, Sig 43 @ 84%, Lennon 42 @ 88%.

Love these.

Capoue looks as though he's there to slip in for Sandro.

Happy with 3pts, who cant be? But the likes of City, United and Chelsea are gonna drill that Palace team into the floor

If thats life without Bale, we are going to struggle with a couple more creative players. I think we all felt we could today without Bale in the team. A different opponent and we may have struggled.
Still early days, very early.

As the commentator said, we dont often win our opener(mainly due to the fact is usually away) so shouldnt complain too much

BR9Uz_eCYAA_W9k.jpg

BR9VuoQCIAEOoSp.jpg

BR9WNSkCYAMD1Ak.jpg

BR9Wwi_CYAAanF4.jpg

BR9XiaVCIAMeKus.jpg

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas: "It's very important to open with a win. Ian Holloway really put his team together very well. They were very narrow and there was some unpredictability.

"They are a team we don't have so much information about and there is always a surprise factor. It was a tough game but in 90 minutes, we deserved to win.

"The team dropped a bit after the goal and they had some chances on the counter but we always had that edge.

"Overall, our football was excellent. Our new signings did well. They were surprised at the intensity of the Premier League.

"Roberto Soldado's a real out and out striker. He's not played a lot because of the Confederations Cup but he'll get fitter and sharper and will be even better.

"We should have put the game to bed but I'm generally very pleased to come to a difficult ground and get the three points."

Surprised the general reaction to that performance isn't more positive on here. We could have easily won that 3 or 4 nil and no-one would have said it was undeserved.

It was a professional performance and what could have been a tricky ground with a tough crowd. Palace's team right now is an absolute shower, and of course we should beat them. Our competitor's will too, but we did our jobs well today.

Lloris, and the defence looked good and comfortable. Rose is a strong outlet on the left, and Walker linked up well with Lennon. I think Paulinho needs to get up to speed with the PL, but he's still nice and tidy in there. Sig showing good glimpses, and Chadli strong. Soldado pure class oozing from him.

My only hope is that our problems against lesser teams at home will not be so prevelant this year. I don't have any qualms about playing away, and I am mostly always confident. At home though, I'm not sure this 4-2-3-1 allows us to control the game and take it to the opposition.

Yes, we desperately need some creativity in that midfield, trouble is, we've already bought two central midfielders this summer, I doubt we'll buy another. Decent game overall today, but we're far too static in attack. Not sure what Chadli has that Townsend hasn't, but it's obviously too early to judge him.

As both of our fullbacks are highly suspect defensively, maybe the price we pay for their attacking prowess is a pretty sterile, destructive midfield 3.
I am astounded that Rose is preferred to Benny. Walker is good going forward, but a liability in defence.

Despite playing for just 33 minutes, Capoue made more interceptions (6) than any other player in today's game.

Beast

Daws on our first pen under Andre in PL: "Jan said to me ‘let’s hope he scores’ after waiting all that time! It was great to see it go in! We knew Palace would keep going and the last 10 minutes would be an onslaught, but we dealt with it. It was great to win."

still the same problem as last season in creating good chances. Bale wouldnt have made a difference because we had the same problem with him in the side last season

overall a good solid 3 points and that is fantastic, plus a few things for the manager to work on. Well done everyone

he might have done when had that chance to break down the middle - he didn't have the pace to get away.

- Walker to Lennon (22) was the most used pass combinations in today's game.

- Walker (67) completed more passes than any other fecker today. In fact he completed more than Arsenal trio Giroud, Walcott & Cazorla managed yesterday (61).

- Danny Rose won 100% of the 4 tackles he attempted in today's game, he also attempted more take-ons (6) than any other player.

- Passing stats: Walker 78 passes at 86% completion.

Our full backs are not poor, they are pretty good but their primary focus is attack, not defence.

I really don't think we were that bad from an attacking perspective. Yes there is definitely room for improvement and i would like to see more service to Soldado in the box especially going forward this season but both Sigurdsson and Defoe had really good chances in the box that you could argue should have been finished. One self created and the other a well worked team move with Walker, Soldado and Sigs. Another day and Chadli could have scored that header prior to half time also.

I think AVB said with new players coming in we are not yet the finished article for what he wants this season but i think this performance was far better than anything we saw early last season and should give us reasons to be optimistic.

Back