• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace ***

Well as we say it s all about o pinions but that is the way i saw it. As i said earlier it was a top game by their keeper who had far more saves to make and some were top drawer.

I think we were the better side for the first half hour and the last 10 mins with Palace the better side in between so draw was a fair result in the end. Having said that we had chances at the end to win. Like I said, I just wish we had showed that intent at 1-0 rather than letting the game pass us by for 50 mins and inviting pressure on ourselves.

My summer list would likely be Sanchez, Winks, Dele out -> CM (one that could cover for and play with PEH) +Top level CB in. Sissoko might go just because of contract running down and at his age he might not want to accept 1 year extentions (the Jan problem)
This. And its nice to think that realistically thats all we need.

Not sure if homegrown becomes an issue with winks and dele gone?

(i assume we buy Vini?)

This. And its nice to think that realistically thats all we need.

Not sure if homegrown becomes an issue with winks and dele gone?

(i assume we buy Vini?)

We will always have the HG issue.

Sanchez, Winks, Dele -> out = 2 HG, 1 FP slots, add Gedson leaving, it's 2 FP slots for PL
Add making Vini permanent
Probably 2 in for CB & CM, probably need at least one of them to qualify for HG

The squad now hopefully just needs tweaking

I don’t think we let palace play after they scored

That was the most startling thing. Once they scored we throttled them. I had every expectancy we'd score again. In fact, had their keeper not made three brilliant saves (two in the same passage of play) we'd have got away with it. Much like West Ham however, I think these results will teach us more than if we'd snuck the points. I think we should remember it has been decades since we were top, let alone for a month. New experiences to learn and deal with...

This is a very disappointing result. It is always annoying when you lead for most of the match but end up conceding a late goal to draw. Credit to Kane for our only goal but wish we had scored more.We should have killed the game off with another goal or two. Instead we relied on our defence which had kept 4 consecutive clean sheets in the league before this. Aurier and Lloris should take the blame for the goal. Aurier conceded a needless freekick in a dangerous position while Lloris should have saved the tame freekick. We once had an excellent record against Palace, winning 9 consecutive matches in the league but since Mourinho became the manager, we have drawn both our games against them. Maybe Palace is a jinx team to Mourinho !

Back