• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace ***

Palace are a well organised team with some good players. Their keeper also had his game of the season (which helps).

This is Diego Torres' description of Mourinho's philosophy:

1. The game is won by the team who commit fewer errors.

2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6. Whoever has the ball has fear.

7. Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

:(

That’s my logic
I honestly think we can play both ways of football and we saw that today
Every possession based first half
Less so second (although we still had more possession)
But score against us and we do appear to come alive more
And I do think of the timing is right (as in Jose can’t kill the momentum for defending) we can do what we did to United

the one thing I’ll add is that palace are much better side than people want to give them credit for. And at home attacking their own fans they do always play better
We haven’t ever battered them there that I can remember

Palace have so much pace, not just in attacking positions but all over the pitch. They're a good team, will finish Top 10 if Zaha is around enough. Van Aarnholt destroyed Bergwijn for pace at one point.

Palace are a well organised team with some good players. Their keeper also had his game of the season (which helps).

This is Diego Torres' description of Mourinho's philosophy:

1. The game is won by the team who commit fewer errors.

2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6. Whoever has the ball has fear.

7. Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

Jesus it's a horrible philosophy when you read it like that. Goes against everything I believe in but hard to argue with his record and with what he's done in 12 months. If it wins us a big trophy, I won't give a fudge but what you've posted is the description of anti-football.

Sissoko is a fundamental problem for a team trying to play possession football, there's no way around that. He just is.
Would be interesting to see Sissoko's passing stats. I thought Reggy, Dier, Bergwijn and Davies (when he came on) were all noticeably more profligate than him tbh.

Jesus it's a horrible philosophy when you read it like that. Goes against everything I believe in but hard to argue with his record and with what he's done in 12 months. If it wins us a big trophy, I won't give a fudge but what you've posted is the description of anti-football.

Even if it wins us the FA Cup and Jose melts down next year I think that's okay. If we can keep the players they will have got that first trophy out the way.

Would be interesting to see Sissoko's passing stats. I thought Reggy, Dier, Bergwijn and Davies (when he came on) were all noticeably more profligate than him tbh.

You're right, particularly on Reguilon, but you need your midfielders to look for line-breaking passes and Sissoko isn't capable of that. He needs an extra touch to control the ball, he will usually go sideways or backwards and if he tries anything over 10 yards, the results are often comical. He's works hard and is defensively good but he is poor on the ball.

I think i can swallow negative football if it means a title or european success but it's hard to argue it's worth putting up with otherwise as I'm sure there are plenty of people who can coach a club of our level to top 4 whilst playing attractive football

You're right, particularly on Reguilon, but you need your midfielders to look for line-breaking passes and Sissoko isn't capable of that. He needs an extra touch to control the ball, he will usually go sideways or backwards and if he tries anything over 10 yards, the results are often comical. He's works hard and is defensively good but he is poor on the ball.
True enough. He did also get a few decent tackles in though. But I agree, ugly to watch and basically just not Spurs.

Back