• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace - 11/01/14: 3pm

5eW3RRX.png

:lol: at THFC6061 and Jordinho' posts!

Twitter / paddypower: Jason Puncheon starring in . . . .
Bdx_7OvCQAErTsY.jpg

Twitter / @br_uk: Looks like Jason Puncheon’s been getting some penalty advice from former Tottenham ‘coach’ Ted Lasso’.
BdtjfGjCUAAw68I.jpg

Lol at the Puncheon posts!! :ross:

This is the first time in my lifetime of supporting Spurs that we've won a home league match against Crystal Palace:eek:

Well played lads for that alone=D>

(The less said about the overall performance and what it means going forward the better..)

It's always like it bar about three games a season at the Lane. A lot didn't like what AVB said about the fans, but he definitely had a point....

Very much agreed. The turning point in the atmosphere for me wast after qualifying for Champions League. When we were in the Champions League we could still make an atmosphere for the big games, and few other league games that season, but overall it declined massivley.

When I do attend games, which hasn't been much at all this season or last owing to A levels and now being a uni student with no cash or time, I've been a journey man fan as I have never had a season ticket. The decline seems to have affected the whole stadium now though and it's very disapointing. I do think that when the atmophere is good the players seem more inclined to go for it.

Great but these Premier League only stats aren't really a big deal to me. What about our players in the 60s for example? Though I do appreciate assist stats won't be around for that era I'm sure Blanchflower would have been all over that

:ross::ross::ross:

Does this guy actually think football existed in the 60's? Every one knows it was invented in 1992 by Sky!

This was a good result but a shyte performance. It was nice to win with a clean sheet. But wish we had put up a better performance. Instead, we got outclassed by Palace in the first half and was fortunate to get the win. The first half performance was easily one of the worst home performance this season. We conceded a stupid penalty but was fortunate the Palace player wasted it. We rarely have players wasting the penalty against us, so we got lucky there. Palace still had many chances to score after that but they didn't make use of the chances. Fortunately for us, we got the crucial goal at the start of the first half.

Due credit to Eriksen and Defoe for the goals. Was really happy to see Defoe scoring his first league goal of the season. Too bad Defoe is going to leave next month. Hope he can score many goals for us before that. Nice to see Eriksen scoring his third goal in 4 league matches. Hope he can continue his goal run. I think Eriksen is the only one of our new players contributing in recent matches. Soldado was again disappointing and was righly replaced. Credit to Adebayor for assisting the goal for Eriksen but he was largely anonymous apart from that.

Our midfield were largely disappointing, especially in the first half. Was really annoyed to see Palace dominating our midfield in the first half. Thought Dembele had a poor game which resulted in him giving away that stupid freekick. Bentaleb had a better game and was unlucky not to score with his long range shot which hit the underside of the bar. Credit to Lennon for creating the goal for Defoe but thought he had a poor game as well. Wanted to see more contributions from Lennon, especially against shyte teams like Palace.

Credit to our defence for keeping our second consecutive clean sheet at home. Ofcourse we were very fortunate with the missed penalty by Palace. Satisfied with the performance by Dawson and Chiriches even if they made a few unforced errors. Thought Walker was worse as he made too many mistakes in the first half. Lloris didn't have to make many saves but he made the crucial ones.

Really glad we didn't drop points against Palace. We really cannot afford to drop any points at home to bottom teams like Palace anymore. Hope this win will boost our confidence to go on a winning run.

Nice to see Puncheon score the winner this week. He seems a nice enough guy and the mocking he's had has been pretty intense. Was in tears at the whistle today, not nice to think he's probably been going through a personal torment. All the best in the battle to send West Ham down, Jason :)

Back