• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace - 11/01/14: 3pm

352 for me. I remember a couple of years back when we started 442 against Stoke and they were 2-0 up at half time. Redknapp switched it up and if it wasn't for a shcoking offside decision we would've won.

-------Dawson----Capoue----Chiriches---------
------------------Dembele---------------------
Walker-----Eriksen---------Lamela---------Rose
--------------Ade--------Soldado--------------

I think the Crystal Palace side Pulis is managing now has far more pace and a bit more creativity than that Stoke side we played that day. I think a 3-5-2 with our current players available would be suicide imo

No doubt Pulis will have them setup to defend deep and counter which is why I think we need more creativity from the middle, hence the 3 man midfield. Maybe 352 is a little too risky.

lloris
walker----dawson---chiriches---rose
lennon----dembele--capoue---eriksen
------------soldado---adebayor

Really glad to see the team is starting to pick itself. No more half a dozen changes every ****ing game.

I'd like that team but it seems like you're forcing it into a 352 when naturally it could just be like this

Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose
Capoue Dembele
Lamela -------- Eriksen
Soldado Adebayor​

Lamela won't play anyway, it'll probably be the team above but Lennon instead. Bentaleb and Townsend are other possibles but I'd rather just stick with the team which did well against Utd.

Think this game will be really difficult. palace have had some issues scoring all season but their defense is very well organized and tough to break down. i pray we can get a goal early to invite them on to us but if not this could prove very frustrating for us. I expect 4-4-2 again but I would throw Andros in the team if he is fit enough. Move Eriksen centrally and try and break them down either with pace on wings or Eriksen/Dembele with a telling through ball.

----------------Lloris-----------------

Walker------Vlad------Kaboul------Rose

Lennon------Dembele----Eriksen-----Townsend

------------Soldado---------Ade------------

1-0 Walker late free kick

This game won't be easy, Palace were unlucky not to get something out of their game against City. I think 1-1.

Also, I hope you guys have a bit of class and don't rejoice in Theo's injury. His injury doesn't change the result or the fact that you guys have been poor all season.

This game won't be easy, Palace were unlucky not to get something out of their game against City. I think 1-1.

Also, I hope you guys have a bit of class and don't rejoice in Theo's injury. His injury doesn't change the result or the fact that you guys have been poor all season.

No. We'd never do that

I think the Crystal Palace side Pulis is managing now has far more pace and a bit more creativity than that Stoke side we played that day. I think a 3-5-2 with our current players available would be suicide imo

I think the same . Palace will concede possession, 25- 30% will do for them. They will hit it long into our full-back areas, chasing it down, hoping to get corners and free-kicks.

I watched their game at the Etihad Stadium and there were plenty of occasions, where all their players were camped in and around their own penalty box. An early goal for us would be really good.

The Palace fans and players will be up for this, so we will need the WHL faithful to be both patient and vocal in their support for the team.

An early goal against a Pulis side appears to be key to picking up 3pts, as you just know that they are going to do whatever they can to frustrate us and stifle the atmosphere at WHL...

2008/093-122(8 ):8(3)65:35%Lennon (8 ), Defoe (21), Dawson (25)
2009/100-121(9):11(1)64:36%Whelan (86)
2010/113-216(5):10(6)62:38%Crouch (11), Modric (18 ), Crouch (34)Etherington (27), Jones (41)
2011/121-126(7):10(2)64:36%van der Vaart (90)Jerome (76)
2012/130-022(5):4(1)63:37%
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?event=3;opposition=355;team=361

Last edited:
This is one of those top 4 aspiration tests.

No doubt Pulis/Palace will be set up well, good defensively, but the fact is the quality gap between the two teams is large.

No easy games in the PL, but you need to win these ones if you want to be in the top 4 or 5.

Agree that it doesnt change the result or the fact that we've been poor all season however I cant say that I wasnt pleased when he the results of the scan came through given his two-nil hand signals. Its called karma....

You lot need to sort out your strongest strike pairing. Adebayor can't be replied upon for an entire season, and unless it's 12 yards out Soldado looks as blunt as anything. Defoe is and always be an average player too, maybe Lamela up top in a sort of free role is worth a shout? You broke your transfer record trying to sign him and he's barely featured. He has notched up 3 assists though, its obvious he has ability, needs to prove his price tag.

Its a blessing for England that the turd is going nowhere near Brazil. If we wanted a headless chicken then there's plenty of other options including Lennon/Townsend. Knee injuries are nasty though and so is he, so lets leave it at that.

Its a blessing for England that the turd is going nowhere near Brazil. If we wanted a headless chicken then there's plenty of other options including Lennon/Townsend. Knee injuries are nasty though and so is he, so lets leave it at that.

Usually when a player's only attribute is pace, an ACL injury is the end of their useful career. I might not want to celebrate an injury to a player, but I would probably celebrate a little if Woolwich didn't have proper insurance cover on him.

Back