• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace - 11/01/14: 3pm

Right now with our injuries, the starting X1 almost picks itself. Really depends on how the walking wounded progress in the next 7 days.
Vertonghen,Holtby,Sigurdsson are probably going to in contention for a start, but not holding out too many hopes with our recent record with respect to returning players.

Oh and can you believe it? Saturday 3pm kick-off...whats going on?

Savour it while you can. Hull away will also be 3pm, but the next ones are Chelsea and **** in March, which of course will be moved at some point.

Savour it while you can. Hull away will also be 3pm, but the next ones are Chelsea and **** in March, which of course will be moved at some point.

Yes, tell me about it.

Chelsea is the same date as the FA Cup 6th round. With the draws they get, that will get postponed to a midweek game.
Arsnal at home, no chance is that staying Sat 3pm.
Soton at home, after the game at St Marys, SKy or BT will pick it for televising I'm sure, and
Liverpool away, cant remember the last time a league game of ours at Anfield wasnt televised.

I would say our next 3pm ko on a Saturday at WHL after this weekend will be Sunderland

An imperative home win that keeps us in touch with the top 4. Have a feeling for 2-0 with both goals coming in the second half.

An imperative home win that keeps us in touch with the top 4. Have a feeling for 2-0 with both goals coming in the second half.

That would be ideal. Confidence boosting clean sheet, no hanging on for the final whistle and a plus GD

Chelsea and Liverpool have tricky away games and Saudi Sportswashing Machine host City. There's an outside chance of making up some ground.

Chelsea and Liverpool have tricky away games and Saudi Sportswashing Machine host City. There's an outside chance of making up some ground.

Might sound daft, but I'd rather City won, I just cant see us catching them in the long haul, and I'd prefer City winning the title than Arsnal, so I'd rather see them take points off one of our rivals for a Euro spot.

Would love to see Liverpool drop points at Stoke, but cant see it happening. Its a shame EVerton have Norwich at home, because that will be a landslide home win

Might sound daft, but I'd rather City won, I just cant see us catching them in the long haul, and I'd prefer City winning the title than Arsnal, so I'd rather see them take points off one of our rivals for a Euro spot.

Would love to see Liverpool drop points at Stoke, but cant see it happening. Its a shame EVerton have Norwich at home, because that will be a landslide home win

I think Jordinho hopes City win too, it's more the fact that it's Saudi Sportswashing Machine they are playing so if City win, Saudi Sportswashing Machine fall further behind if we can pick up the 3 points here ;)

I think we'd all prefer City to win the title.

Hear hear. We ain't catching Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project so I want both of them to keep winning until they are ahead of Scum.

This one is going to be very difficult and I am going to get very 'pumpy' if people are going on like ' we should smash them' 'its a home banker'

Emirates Marketing Project were quite fortunate to beat them 1-0 at home recently.....yes Emirates Marketing Project that free scoring juggernaught...

Whatever my thoughts on T Pulis and his 'knock it up to Crouchie' attitude The man knows how to organise a defence and his teams are always a bugger to come against us......They also had a 2-0 win at the Albion a team we could only draw with at home.

So we will face two very well organised banks of 4 and will have to work very hard to get between the lines and especially to get behind the Palace defence.

Please lets not underestimate Palace or Pulis......after beating Man Utd away in the league this is the sort of fixture we traditionally f**k up......please no complacency....

Palace are fighting for their lives.....Got a week to prepare for this so hopefully some players available and some players can get some much needed rest.

This is very much a must win game but we are going to have to work really hard to win because Palace are no mugs.

Excellent post mate! Hopefully we'll continue our good league form and get the win...

Early still to pick a team, but I think Bentaleb deserves another start. If fit I would love to see Lamela get a start too, his creativity could be really important against that well organized Palace side Tony Pulis is likely to put out.

I actually don't think many genuine spurs fan that sees any PL game as a walkover this season. Really want us to play Lamela, but Lennon doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Eriksen and Lennon seem to be a very good fit as left and right sided players.
Townsend and Lamela worked very well in our last European game.

We have options, but the key is we have to be defensively sound. Chamakh, Puncheon have both shown good form of late. Jedinak played very well in the season opener too.

Would love Verts, Kaboul and Sandro back.

Don't think Sherwood will drop Ade and that leaves Lamela out, but if he's still injured it's not really an issue. Should be the same team that beat United.

I actually don't think many genuine spurs fan that sees any PL game as a walkover this season. Really want us to play Lamela, but Lennon doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Eriksen and Lennon seem to be a very good fit as left and right sided players.
Townsend and Lamela worked very well in our last European game.

We have options, but the key is we have to be defensively sound. Chamakh, Puncheon have both shown good form of late. Jedinak played very well in the season opener too.

Would love Verts, Kaboul and Sandro back.

I thought that Lamela was out injured and Vertonghen is still only back to doing some light running? No sign of either in the recent training photos anyway.

I thought that Lamela was out injured and Vertonghen is still only back to doing some light running? No sign of either in the recent training photos anyway.

Probably mate, I have no idea myself. Let's see whose fit, like the rest of you I'd keep the team pretty close to the one that started at United. Capoue for Bentaleb for me

The more I think about the pace of Palace's forward line and Pulis' defence organisation skills - plus the fact that I have NEVER known a Spurs team to do the league double over Palace, then this match starts to look a little grim to me....

The more I think about the pace of Palace's forward line and Pulis' defence organisation skills - plus the fact that I have NEVER known a Spurs team to do the league double over Palace, then this match starts to look a little grim to me....

know what you mean... as jordy says we may have the chance to make up some ground on our rivals this coming weekend.

Anything other than three points would be a disaster.....stating the obvious here.

I think we can do it....but if we give away silly set pieces and concede the first goal then I really fear for us.......on the flip side if we can get the first quite early and actually hold a lead for five mins then we should be ok......Really interested to see how we set up for this...especially if Timmy has more options available...

Soldado really needs to get us some goals...and soon otherwise if he keeps firing blanks I dont think we will make top 4.

352 for me. I remember a couple of years back when we started 442 against Stoke and they were 2-0 up at half time. Redknapp switched it up and if it wasn't for a shcoking offside decision we would've won.

-------Dawson----Capoue----Chiriches---------
------------------Dembele---------------------
Walker-----Eriksen---------Lamela---------Rose
--------------Ade--------Soldado--------------

352 for me. I remember a couple of years back when we started 442 against Stoke and they were 2-0 up at half time. Redknapp switched it up and if it wasn't for a shcoking offside decision we would've won.

-------Dawson----Capoue----Chiriches---------
------------------Dembele---------------------
Walker-----Eriksen---------Lamela---------Rose
--------------Ade--------Soldado--------------

I actually think that this kind of set up...is perfect against a Pulis side.......ah if only ol Glen was in charge for this one.

The reason I think the 3-5-2 is perfect against palace is that his full backs will not be too adventurous which means we shouldnt get too overloaded on the flanks..... Also three Cb's against two physical strikers is probably the way to go....with Capoue acting as sweeper and initiating our attacks with decent passing from the back. The three cb's would also help with set pieces.

Obviously the set-up would then give us the extra man in midfield while maintaining the two strikers.

I would really love us to try that set up on Saturday but I know thats highly unlikely... the only issue with the above formation is that Dembele is not a disciplined DM mind you I dont think Pulis goes for attacking midfielders.......he prefers his cm's to join in as quick as possible.

Maybe 3-5-2 is the way to go for this one......... Eriksen & Lamela behind Ade & Solly would be a fascinating watch.

Back